z

Young Writers Society

Ask a question here (or start a new topic!)

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:53 am
1dering at stars says...

Hi. Can anyone tell me how and where to post a contest? And what info needs to be included? And anything else I might need to know about it? I would judge the pieces myself right?

:?: :?: :?:
Of course it's happening in your mind, but why on earth should that mean it isn't real?

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:26 am
Azila says...

1dering at stars wrote:Hi. Can anyone tell me how and where to post a contest? And what info needs to be included? And anything else I might need to know about it? I would judge the pieces myself right?

Starting at the beginning:
You post a contest here. You should be able to find other thing you might want to know at the Contest FAQ at the link above. And yes, the maker of the contest judges the winners... but if you want a helper, feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to co-judge. :wink:

Hope this helps!
~Azila~

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:24 pm
1dering at stars says...

Thank you! I might just do that (ask for help I mean), it would be nice to have a second opinion (if you wouldn't mind?) I'll PM you if I need help. Thanks so much!
Of course it's happening in your mind, but why on earth should that mean it isn't real?

721 Reviews

Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:25 pm
Azila says...

No prob!

Now... I've got a question of my own. :twisted: What's the icon that is up at the top of my browser next to the URL?

I know that was random, but it's been bugging me for a while--is it a chimp? It's too small to really see properly. :(

Anyone?

~Azila~

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:51 am
Falcon_Ablaze says...

In regards to the "My Friends"thing on my profile, what does that do? Does it just say So and So is my friend or does it do something else as well. Also, when the invitation thing was sent to me I think it went through their email. Will it send them mine to them if I accept or decline? Thanks!
Falcon_Ablaze
"Life is not about how many breaths you take, but how many moments take your breath away"
-Anonymous

721 Reviews

Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:56 am
Azila says...

Falcon_Ablaze wrote:In regards to the "My Friends"thing on my profile, what does that do? Does it just say So and So is my friend or does it do something else as well. Also, when the invitation thing was sent to me I think it went through their email. Will it send them mine to them if I accept or decline? Thanks!

Yes, friends are almost completely useless. Just statements, really. And it's also always nice to get/give an invite. ^_^ And no, no notifications are sent if you accept or decline.

Does that answer your question?

~Azila~

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:32 am
Falcon_Ablaze says...

Yes. Thank you!! :D :D
"Life is not about how many breaths you take, but how many moments take your breath away"
-Anonymous

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:30 pm
blustarr9009 says...

hi, I'd like to know how to get rid of my account on yws...it's taking up all my time that i really don't have to waste.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be bought with chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
~Patrick Henry

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:44 pm
Fishr says...

Awww... You're leaving? :(

Why delete? No one expects the members to spend every waking moment on the site. ;) You can come and go at any time, at any length of time, Bluster. Hope you stay around.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:53 am
Monki says...

Yes, I have a question regarding this forumn (and all others for that matter). My question is this : If we feel the need to go on a rampage through the forumn welcome each and every member (meaning going to every topic-thing), are we allowed to do this? Another question is : Are we allowed to go down the list of every topic in... let's just say... fiction and critique all of the work in there until there's nothing more for us to critique? Just curious. I would think that you would WANT us to do that, but... you never know.
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:51 am
Firestarter says...

Hey Monki. Both accounts are acceptable but only as long as it does NOT degenerate into spamming. Take time in your critiques, we are looking for quality rather than quantity. It is much more beneficial to the site to make two long critiques than ten small, useless critiques.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:34 pm
Monki says...

Firestarter > Thank you! That's all I needed to know. (Just so everyone knows, I don't do short critiques. It's just that sometimes I have long periods of time where I'm bored and have nothing to do, so I do like, ten long critiques. PM me if you need one.)
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

Random avatar

Reviews: 8
Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:23 am
EnsignRo says...

i dont get the points. they say its free, but tou have to pay 150 points for everytime you post a story. its really annoying and it kinda suggest that I CANT POST ANYTHING WHEN THEY RUN OUT! AAAAAACK! HELP!
Inside me is a skinny girl trying to get out... But usually I shut her up with chocolate.

Random avatar

Reviews: 8
Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:30 am
EnsignRo says...

i also forgot to ask something- i just posted a story but it hasn't shown up on the main screen. what happened?
Inside me is a skinny girl trying to get out... But usually I shut her up with chocolate.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:44 am
LowKey says...

i also forgot to ask something- i just posted a story but it hasn't shown up on the main screen. what happened?

You need to rate it. :razz:

G, PG, PG-13, R, and No Rating. It defaults to no rating, so you need to change it to one of the others. Right up there with the topic name and description and BBCode stuff. :)

i dont get the points. they say its free, but tou have to pay 150 points for everytime you post a story. its really annoying and it kinda suggest that I CANT POST ANYTHING WHEN THEY RUN OUT! AAAAAACK! HELP!

Who/what says that? If it's one of the guides to YWS, it needs to be updated, as charging for stories is really just a new born idea, really. It was born just a few days ago, so if the guides aren't updated, that could be why.

If a person told you that, they either
a) need to be updated as well, or
b) told you before the change took place.

Either way, once you run out, you can't post another story. You can get more points by critiquing other's works, though! And the longer your crits are, the more points you get. :)

Besides, for every story you post, you should do at least two critiques. If you follow this, then you should have no problem. :)
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Is that a carrot?
— WeepingWisteria