z

Young Writers Society

Make Up The Worst Possible Opening Line Ever

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:58 pm
Snoink says...

I had this idea for a story that went like this...
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:09 pm
thegirlwhofateloves says...

once upon a time there was this thing right what i dont know if you ever heard of but it belonged to wasisname or whatever you know that dude who had his head chopped off or something like that anyway he owned this thing and whenever he got really hacked off like hed start firing those arrow things at it but that would just make it worse and then he had to hit it with a stick or something like that and then it caught fire though so he had to get away from the thing really quick before that other thing ran after him on thingalings know what i mean like
www.myspace.com/prettytorture
felicitypepper@hotmail.co.uk

Big up the YWS Massive!

....And I still don't know what SPEW is....

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:03 pm
Poor Imp says...

Once there was this kingdom, and the prince's name was Jirdan son of Averin son of Bok (who was a bad, evil guy), but the prince wasn't and he was like the most handsome prince ever you would ever see - you would have thought he was like Brad Pitt but back to the story, he was so handsome, but he was also good...

:shock:
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:36 am
AstrangedbeaR says...

lol thegirlwhofateloves that opening made me laugh.

anyway my worst opening would be,

once upon a time in a land unknown there was this little house on top of a hill, and there was a family that lived in the house and the family was very happy. they had two children and the children were very happy with there family, until one day the parents had a divorce and the children broke up. this is what happened...
*AstrangedbeaR*

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:42 am
Black Ghost says...

Once upon a time there was a magical kingdom in which EVERYONE DIED!

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:42 am
Fishr says...

Intrduction.
right. i've wretten a billion gazillion storys but i Never posted anything online befour. I hope you like it. thanks.

my fantastic story.

Once upon a time i was by a lovely sparkling bubbling glorious brook and I foud this peny by the brook and stared at it because it was sparkly. on the front i saw a kool date and

---------------
that's all i got right now because you know how it is. writer's cramp and all. When I write more, i ll post it. pleez reviiew even thoug the story is pretty good, i just like to see how good i am.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:56 am
Icaruss says...

Johnny placed one of his hands in his buttcheek, and giggled, like a kid who wants a lollypop, and cries, and cries, and cries, and cries, until his parents, who are probably broke ex-hippies buy him the lollypop, and then the kid doesn't even want the lollypop, so he throws it to the ground, and giggles -yet not quite as so.

There you go.
there are many problems in our times
but none of them are mine

Random avatar

Reviews: 85
Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:13 am
pandoraswritings says...

Once. there was this thing and it liked this other thing, but the first thing made the second thing mad because the first thing was not really the kind of thing it said it was and they lived in this place forever.
The End

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:53 am
Wiggy says...

The great, booming, echoing, thunderous clap of noise echoed really badly throughout the wide, hardly-traveled, grassy, and rough plain as Michael Michaels struggled to overcome the majorly fantastical powerful wind as he led his 37 year old white-spotted, with a black spot on the left forehoof and brown streak on the forehead, across the scary land.
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:51 am
Skye says...

The end.
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:04 am
deleted6 says...

Freddie woke up ate breakfast went to school to see everyone had died he cried and cried and cried till he died.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:20 am
Ohio Impromptu says...

F***. Isn't it such a great word?
Gone, gone from New York City,
where you gonna go with a head that empty?
Gone, gone from New York City,
where you gonna go with a heart that gone?

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:42 am
Sureal says...

Rejected opening line from the new Harry Potter book: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vHACLHCvD8
I wrote the above just for you.

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:10 pm
deleted6 says...

"Henry your hypocritical hippo who hypocritical and a hippy."

"So!"
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

266 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 266
Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:27 pm
backgroundbob says...

"Oh bother," said Pooh, as the hydrochloric acid scoured the flesh from his bones.
The Oneday Cafe
though we do not speak, we are by no means silent.

Life’s disappointments are harder to take if you don’t know any swear words.
— Bill Watterson