Haiku Battle

262 posts1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18
User avatar
Gender Male
Points 3528
Reviews 94
And yet still peaceful
the wind shreds seedlings afresh;
spring's chipper chipmunk.
Formerly 'ilyaeelz.' Others experiment with drugs. I experiment with punctuation and grammar.

"Research your own experiences for the truth, absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is specifically your own." - Bruce Lee




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 719
Reviews 562
It climbed up my arm,
nimble as they are, and I
screamed as it attacked.




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 3181
Reviews 131
Luckily, with my
trusty leather gloves on, I
threw it in the woods
Need reviews?
I'd be happy to give them.
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic76104.html




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 28467
Reviews 675
Wooden like your heart,
thrown into the burning stove
and melting to ash.
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 3181
Reviews 131
The letter melting
in a fire slowly dying
Never seen again
Need reviews?
I'd be happy to give them.
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic76104.html




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 719
Reviews 562
were the lost in gray--
they were pale in the summer,
sleeping through the day.




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 3181
Reviews 131
After a night
Not easily forgotten
My head's in the clouds
Need reviews?
I'd be happy to give them.
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic76104.html




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 719
Reviews 562
falling through dark storms,
and tripping through the lightning;
death awaited me.




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 3181
Reviews 131
Peter at the gates
called amongst the sequoiahs
older than himself
Need reviews?
I'd be happy to give them.
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic76104.html




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 1626
Reviews 745
I spread my wings wide,
saw my mother's face once more,
and wept tears of joy.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon


I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 719
Reviews 562
the heavenly choir
resounded; yet my song broke
under nostalgia.




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 3181
Reviews 131
I remember her.
Sweet and beautiful, she was.
I open my eyes.
Need reviews?
I'd be happy to give them.
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic76104.html




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 719
Reviews 562
And memory sings.
Images of her leak from
my eyes, cold and wet.




User avatar
Gender Other
Points 32184
Reviews 153
Tread softly, for this
is ice; water runs silent,
as grief also does.
Lumi: they stand no chance against the JAG SAFETY BLANKET




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 719
Reviews 562
Glassy footsteps break
more easily than thought;
step lightly, dear ones.



This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much all of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.
— Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy