z

Young Writers Society

YWS-1

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:20 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

Rules: any perspective, be creative as possible. Everyone plays themselves, or how they like to portray themselves. Basic rules, such as not killing other people's characters, apply.

Plot: Nate and the members of YWS are in a spaceship, known as the YWS-1. Nate and the admins are pretty much in charge of the ship, with the moderators being lower echelon leaders (they'd be the random officer killed in those Star Trek Boarding Parties)

Exactly what happens next is up to you: is there a mutiny over the proposed name change of YWS-1 to "MonkeyPoo"? Or does some random writing site declare war, causing some horrible battle? Maybe Fontroy goes insane and causes a hull breach, who knows?

It's in space, you can think of something.
Last edited by Griffinkeeper on Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:30 pm
Snoink says...

"Um... what about gravity?"

I was floating, and to be honest, I felt kind of... strange. I was upside down and slowly being driven crazy. I knew that, in Earth, I would be having a severe headache by now, but my blood just seemed to go everywhere...

"Whee! SKUNK GO BOOM!" Sam said, zooming past me.

"What's a skunk?" El said.

"YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT A SKUNK IS?" This time it was Griffinkeeper. My brother.

I sighed. I was starting to get the headache now.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:37 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

A floating woodchuck passed by me. He was chucking wood and I don't mean throwing.

"You know what Lacan would say about that woodchuck?" Incandesence said.
"Be quiet." Qi said.
"Be respectful of other members Qi," I said.
"I was! Why do you keep thinking I'm trying to pick a fight?"
"Instinct?" Everyone was floating around. I turned around to see a large switch:

GRAVITY DRIVE
ON
OFF

It was in the OFF position.
"I'm going to turn on the gravity," I yelled.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:45 pm
Snoink says...

Griffin crashed into the glass panel protecting the gravity drive. We all groaned... blood from his bloody nose was floating in space.

Boni Bee looked at it thoughtfullly. "We should talk to a mod about it..."

"You better not," Mesh said, growling as she narrowly escaped a blood droplet. "Only Nate has the controls..."

"So... um... where is he?"

"I think he's playing tetris."

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:45 pm
deleted6 says...

I look about just carrying some can of coke in a tray, when Griffin turns on the gravity drive.
The Coke cans all explode an all the coke goes over my clothes an face, except one can.

"Trust this to happen to me."

*Everyone laughs*
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:57 pm
Areida says...

I was really excited about the YWS-1 because somebody said it was sort of like Star Trek, meaning I was of course on a desperate mission to find Captain Kirk. Then bubblewrapped informed me that he was not, in fact, aboard our vessel. That was depressing.

So I decided to go find Crysi so we could talk about Hayden Christensen or something to cheer me up.

"Crysi!" I yelled as I walked through the ship. "Cryyyyyyyyysssssssiiiiiiiiii!!"

Sam ran into me. "Ari! Yay!" Then she trampled my arm and I lay whimpering on the ground. I sighed. This always happens to me.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:01 pm
Crysi says...

I casually patrol the halls, making sure everything is in order. But what's this? A panel left open? Grumbling, I reach out to close it - and see a button that says, "DO NOT PUSH."

Tempting.

So very, very tempting.
Love and Light

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:05 am
Jennafina says...

Chrisi pushes the button, and the walls suddanly turn pink.

Nox runs out screaming, acompanied by several others, who go about franticly trying to put the walls back to their original color, a very neutral shade of blue...
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:43 am
Nate says...

Meanwhile I was up in the control room with a cup of coffee in one hand, a donut in the other, and a thousand video screens in front of me. Each screen followed the tracks of a person onboard the ship, and the remainders were there just in case someone new came aboard.

I saw the chaos already taking form and brought my hands together in a Mr. Burns gesture. Everything was taking shape and soon I would finally be ready to act.

"Excellent," I said, just when somebody came crashing down through the ceiling panels.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:50 am
Snoink says...

"Jennafina!" I yelled. "Get down from there!"

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:30 am
Meshugenah says...

I shruged after explaining to Snoink Nate's love of games.

As I walked farther down the corridor, I spoted Crysi, and, unfortunately for the rest of us, the saftey latch was off the Big Red Button, and it looked like she was going.. no, she didn't! No..
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:37 am
Snoink says...

But before she could, Nate stepped out. His hair was rather frazzled, but he seemed cool and composed. "Fellow YWSers!" he said.

We all turned towards him.

For some strange reason, he wasn't floating. It was bizarre. Then I noticed an evil smile on his face... too evil.

"I did some updates for YWS." A big cheer went through the shuttle.

"What did you do?" I asked, skeptical. He grinned broadly.

"I installed a points-based system on the shuttle! For every critique you do, you can earn up to fifty points."

"For games?" EBM said eagerly.

"No," Nate said, even more eagerly. "Oxygen now costs 100 points per day!" Then, when a solemn silence rang through the room, he added quickly, "Of course it's optional..."

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:44 am
Beethoven says...

100 points a day? Why, I'd run out in no time!

"But I don't post enough to get that much!" I whimpered. Snoink cackled, and I eyed her stash of point-age.
Your existence is overbearing.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:26 am
Elizabeth says...

I awake to find myself in a crate which is floating in the non-density zone of the cargo hold. I keep ramming myself into other boxes wondering why I am in the crate in the first place.

Then I realize it was because I heard a rumour of a fifty-thousand point ticket rule, which probably turned out a lie, and had decided to smuggle myself out of the earth via space crate.

I exit the cargo bay and am surprised by the sudden halting of myself by two guards, which turn out to be Crysi and Mesh.

"Don't you recognize me?" I asked as they just looked at each another weird.
"You're breathing, you can't do that here unless you ahve 100 points!" Crysi said.

"But I am The Black Rose, I don't think you get it, I am here for the buffet and have no intention of paying for-" I am cut off by the sudden realization they are wearing masks full of lush, rich oxygen and they just turned the switch which could possibly cause me to implode in an easy to clean up mess. "Alright! I'll puh-" I fall to my knees but they turn back the switch and hand me a mask in exchange for my points.

"Holy Mesh, she has the most points in the entire society!"
"You're right Crysi... Quick! To the buffet!"

And off they carry me, where I sit in a lovely chair at a lovely dining banquet, served by lovely waiters, seated near a lovely fire with lovely friends to converse with.

Lovely.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:32 am
Snoink says...

I squinted at TBR. She was obviously hallucinating. Of course, being the leader of points, she was too stingy to give any of hers away. She was starting to have spasms. She was talking about fires... but obviously there couldn't be any fires in space because (gasp!) fires needed oxygen.

Did I mention I was annoying?

Anyway, someone donated points to her. Good...

Then someone came up to me. I didn't recognize her at first, but then I looked at the little name tag which said, "freakforchrist."

"Yes?" I asked.

"I thought... your... story... FREAK... was..."

And then, of all the nerve, she died on me. How rude!

Stay gold, Ponyboy.
— S.E. Hinton