z

Young Writers Society

Closing Time

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:50 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"I'm not saying you're an idiot," Emily said, "just wondering if you'd ever been on a bike before. It's fine, really, you should have seen the first time I saw a sewing machine. I think it was somewhere in the mid 1900s and my friend got their hands on one from this shop these hunters chased them into, it's long story. Anyway, my hair was shorter than it is now and I STILL got it stuck in the needle. I can't remember if we had to disassemble it or not, either way I had to get a haircut."

She laughed and rolled her eyes, finding a candy bar in one of her pockets and taking a bite.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:24 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"It's nothing personal," Nubes said. While Lunis fixated on the sweet-smelling bar in Emily's hand, Nubes kept on stroking Lunis's fur. "He's just a bit embarrassed, is all. I suppose you're at least decent at riding a bike, thanks to a little practice? And I cannot say I'm familiar with a sewing machine either, but I can imagine how uncomfortable that would be."
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

95 Reviews

Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:32 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

She laughed, "Yeah, I get my hair caught in stuff all the time, always have, I think. Are you sure you don't want to get up? I don't mean to worry you, but none of use still know where we are or how we got here. What I mean is, we don't know if we're in danger or not."

he/they

299 Reviews

Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:42 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Letting out another rumble, Lunis stared at the floor. "I don't know. If there's anyone or anything watching, they're not going to take me seriously. I'm not taking me seriously - I look like an idiot."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:24 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Sorry for falling behind on this, guys! I was out most of the afternoon yesterday, and I wasn't feeling awake enough to sneak replies in after I went to "bed" like I usually do.

Also, would either of you mind if I take these two characters out? They're not as strong as I had hoped they would be, and I'm not sure I'd enjoy continuing to write this with them. I'll throw in another character eventually - it might just take a few days for me to figure out who.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:17 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Spoiler! :
Oh, no problem! I'm assuming we'll just pretend they weren't part of the RP?

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:21 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Yeah. :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:27 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Spoiler! :
M'kay.

Emily smiled, "Use it as an advantage then," she said, quietly enough for only those present to hear, "I looked like an idiot when I accidentally broke into that hunters base back in the nineteen twenties, but there were no survivors by the nights end. It's all a matter how willing you are to run with what you have."

he/they

299 Reviews

Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:19 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"I-" began Lunis, raising a paw. He paused. Hng, that was actually a good point.

"If it helps any," Nubes said, "The first time I tried to kill you, I thought you were an idiot who was remarkably easy to ply with alcohol, but you managed to surprise me regardless.
Had I not underestimated you, you might have been in trouble."

The panther pulled his head up. "That makes me feel so much better," he said, rolling his eyes. He still started to crawl out from under the bike.

95 Reviews

Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:26 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"Glad you're feeling better about yourself," Emily laughed, ignoring the sarcasm, "Now, how about we figure out what's going on, yeah?"

She turned to the rows of storefronts and gave them another pass with her eyes. Still nothing. She sighed and walked up the wall.

he/they

299 Reviews

Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:01 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

With a little help from Nubes's outstretched paw, Lunis squeezed his way out of the bike and stood up. The panther immediately turned around, putting the helmet back on his head and lifting the bike up.

"This thing might be useful," Lunis said, before Nubes could respond. The leopard knew that meant I'd like to learn how to ride this thing because I think it looks cool, and I need some excuse so Emily doesn't say I'm carrying around dead weight. Whatever made Lunis happy.

The panther took a step forward, then looked up. "She's walking on the walls," he said.

"She's a vampire - it's what she does," Nubes replied, walking past Lunis. Cupping a paw over his mouth, the leopard called after her, "Are you looking for anything in particular?"

95 Reviews

Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:34 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"People," Emily answered, "When in doubt, always look for the people."

She went further up the wall and looked out into the distance, still seeing nothing. She huffed in frustration, "What kind of mall doesn't hire a night staff?" she wondered aloud.

he/they

299 Reviews

Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:06 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"I'm okay with no people," Lunis said. He walked up to one of the storefronts, set his bike next to the gate, and lifted the gate up. A minute later, he walked back out, a few golden necklaces around his neck. The panther also lugged a small bag over his shoulder; its contents shook and clinked together as he walked.

"I believe that's theft," said Nubes.

Grabbing one of the handlebars and pulling the bike alongside him, Lunis shrugged. "So?" he said. "Every time we get dropped in some weird world, it's always some abandoned place nobody cares about. Even if this one isn't abandoned, I don't think they'll miss some jewelry."

95 Reviews

Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:18 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Emily shook her head, "You know most of the stuff they sell in places like this are super cursed, right? Witches hang out around these places a lot, so stuff gets hexed, usually the jewels."

he/they

299 Reviews

Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:29 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Lunis looked over his shoulder at his bag and grimaced. "I don't know what hexes or curses are, but do you think those would still be around if I took this stuff to a world where curses don't exist?"

Inspiration usually comes during work, rather than before it.
— Madeleine L'Engle, Author