Cold Oak

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:01 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Lorcan faltered.

"Peaches," he said, straightening and feeling suddenly very stupid. He wasn't used to people questioning what he was doing in a tone like that - Hero and Second would have wondered, too, but would have been curious and not condenscending. "I'm hungry, and this is the only food I've found that I can actually eat right now."

He took another bite out of the peach.

"And I'm not a vampire," he said, with the tone someone used when they had been accused of something far too many times to keep track of.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:38 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Kazimir rolled his eyes as he once again shrugged his backpack off one shoulder and reached into a pocket. He pulled out an apple and held it up for Lorcan to see.

"Eat some real fruit, Dracula," he said before throwing it to him.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:02 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He was pretty sure "Dracula" was another vampire-related dig, but he didn't comment on it - he was too grateful to have something decent to eat. He struggled to catch it thanks to already having one hand occupied by the can of peaches, but it somehow didn't end up hitting the ground.

"Thank you," he said. He put the can of opened peaches down on the ground and took a bite out of the apple - savoring its refreshing juiciness.
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:46 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Bobby shifted awkwardly and looked around, more comfortable now that he was being ignored.

His gaze caught on the discarded doll, and he went over to it curiously. Parts of the dress were stiff with dried mud and he couldn't see the missing arm anywhere near it, but it was otherwise a pretty nice doll. He turned it over in his hands, looking for a tag that might have a name written on it. If you found a doll like this on the streets, it was always best to at least try to find who it belonged to.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:29 pm
View Likes
mythh says...

Chloe walked up to Lorcan. She gave him a small smile and said, "We've got sandwiches, soda, and cookies we had planned for a little picnic. We have quite a lot more than we could eat alone. Would you like some?"

Jack looked at Chloe, and then at Lorcan, and nodded with a smile.
The name's Myth.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:47 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Kazimir watched as Chloe and Jack walked over to Lorcan and Bobby went to go inspect the little doll on the ground. He doubted the doll or the backpack would have answers, but he followed over to the rest of the group anyway.

"Is everyone here hungry?" he asked. "Maybe we should just stop and eat for a minute if you're all starving."

95 Reviews

Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:51 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Bobby was just looking at the tear where the doll's arm had been ripped away - it looked pretty fresh, not frayed or dirty enough to have been torn like that for very long, and it didn't look like any stuffing was missing - when Kaz spoke.

He looked up and scanned the faces of the others. Bobby was starving, but he didn't want to eat if no one else did.

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:41 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"I'm good with my apple," Lorcan hurriedly said. "I...have dietary restrictions."

What was the word Charlotte had used? She said it wasn't a perfect fit, but it was the closest way to describe what he was used to eating. It wasn't vegetarian, was it? He knew it was close...

"I'm vegan," he finally said, with all of the confidence of someone who wasn't really sure if they were actually on that kind of diet. "I only eat natural foods."

He gave a smile that showed off his fangs - albeit by accident. "But I'm alright with stopping here to eat."

He glanced over in the unnamed boy's direction. He hadn't said anything yet, but the way he studied the doll reminded Lorcan just how uneasy the sight of the backpack and doll had made him feel.

He looked down at the apple in his hand.

...There was something dangerous here. He could feel it.
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:53 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"Okay," Kazimir said. "Snack time."

He slid his backpack off and pulled the granola bar back out and held it out to Bobby, who was still holding the creepy abandoned doll. He didn't know why the kid was drawn to the toy, but he supposed he couldn't blame him.

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:58 am
View Likes
mythh says...

Jack sat down near them, took out a cookie, and ate it.

"I'm not too hungry but I'll wait," said Chloe.
The name's Myth.

95 Reviews

Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:41 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Bobby hesitantly took the bar. He didn't feel hungry, really. He'd been hungry for so long it was hard to tell the difference anymore. Still, to appease Kaz, he carefully unwrapped the bar and took a little bite.

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:10 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Lorcan took another bite out of the apple.

"Do you think the doll has been here long?" he quietly asked the boy. He already knew the answer. But a small part of him was hoping that the boy - or anyone else - would refute it. Even if they ultimately proved to be wrong, it would be enough to quell his unease and worry.
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:33 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Bobby shifted away from the vampy-looking guy, shaking his head. He bent down and put the doll gently back on the ground.

he/they

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:39 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Kazimir pulled out a pack of beef jerky, and immediately started tossing some in his mouth. The moment he smelled it, he was hungry.

He plopped down near Bobby and set his backpack in his lap.

"So where are you guys originally from?" he asked, still chewing. "Since none of you know where we are, I'm assuming everyone here just kinda went 'oh, dunno how I got here,' and played along. I'm supposed to be in California, right now. Not this freaky place."

95 Reviews

Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:48 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Bobby blinked at him. Calif...

His brow furrowed as he looked closer at Kazimir, his clothes, his backpack, even, that fabric...

Oh.

Bobby slowly sat down on the ground, scooting a little further from Kazimir, and said nothing.

he/they

Perhaps when we find ourselves wanting everything, it is because we are dangerously close to wanting nothing.
— Sylvia Plath