Young Writers Society

A House with Many Doors

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:36 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James narrowed his eyes at Adamina for half a second - momentarily expression disbelief and skepticism but deciding it would be better to keep her around if she would be useful as a human key. That, and he thought it best to try the route of peace-keeping amongst them for the sake of getting out, which seemed to be what they all wanted. That was, unless whatever awaited them outside was worse than what happening inside. There was no way of telling. Not yet.

Larrel tugged on her brother's sleeve, pulling him out of thought.

"Well," he said. "Let's go, then." He announced, as he led them out into the hall.

Spoiler! :
@saentiel or @RaidenCheese? :0
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:11 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
On it!

He looked over at Auryon. Giving her a warm smile, he followed James into the hallway. It seemed like she would be staying with them. Though he hated Apophis from their brief encounter, he didn't want to leave Auryon behind. It wasn't her fault that Apophis was so terrible. He'd just have to deal with whatever happened. If they needed to fight again, then so be it. But he wasn't going to risk leaving some alone just because of the unknown.

"So," he said, "where do we go now that we've left the room?"
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:18 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

“Well now that we have a map, we could try going to this big main room,” Larrel suggested, pointing to the book in hand.

“Or, if we want to be thorough, we can check every door possible. But since I’d prefer we have majority agreement, I’ll put it out there to hear what all of you prefer,” Jamed replied.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue May 01, 2018 8:21 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

"Checking every door possible sounds like something I'd do if I were alone, but that's just me," Raiden said, smiling awkwardly before adding, "I'm personally okay with whatever the group decides."
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 02, 2018 9:24 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"I agree with Raiden," Maahes said, giving a slight nod. "I think it might be better if we head to the main room. If that fails, then we can fall back on the plan where we check every door we come across."
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 02, 2018 11:43 am
soundofmind says...

James, considering most of them in agreement, nodded.

"Well then let's head that way," he said, gesturing to his sister, with the map. "Lead the way, Larrel."

Larrel nodded back. "Can do," she replied with a smile, before doing just that.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Wed May 02, 2018 11:52 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Adamina hid her clenched fists in the folds of her skirt. Thief. The book didn't only belong to Larrel.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

8 Reviews

Wed May 02, 2018 1:53 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

The clenched fists weren't hidden from Raiden's wandering gaze. He caught sight of her fists tightening, but for what reason, he did not know. So he clenched his own as they walked, just in case.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Wed May 02, 2018 2:15 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Auryon takes up the rear with a bit of a limp that even she can't entirely hide. She's got a lot of practice and a high pain tolerance but this hurts. Damn demon.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 14, 2018 12:45 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James as Larrel led the way, passing many doors as they weaved through the long and stretching hallway. It was hard to tell how much time had passed for them to get there, but it was... a while. But they knew it when they saw it: two, gigantic grand double-doors, towering over them - standing out in size and in grandeur, as they were ornately decorated with carvings and painting on the outside. The door handles hung low, and circling around them were all of their markings.

Clearly it was meant for them.

Spoiler! :
??? idk if ya'll wanted to move this forward but im trying lol

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Mon May 14, 2018 2:58 am
View Likes
Lael says...

"So who would like to go first?" asked Edwin after a long pause of silence.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 14, 2018 3:12 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"ME!"

Larrel, needing no more prompting, rushed forward, slapping her hand on the door beneath her symbol. As soon as she did, the symbol glowed, and a small click was heard, but the doors were still locked. James, slowly, followed suit with the same result.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 14, 2018 9:31 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes took a step forward. "I'll go next," he said, casting a brief glance back at Auryon before pressing his hands against the ornate door. The lotus flower blossomed at his touch, accompanied by a small click. But, as with Larrel and James, the doors remained locked.
mage

queer and here.

8 Reviews

Mon May 14, 2018 2:07 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Raiden slid toward the door menacingly. He placed his hand against the door with menace, and the menacing click within the door was menacing. It remained menacingly locked, though.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Mon May 14, 2018 10:21 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

They're locked in this hallway, unable to get through that barrier. Do you realize how simple it would be to follow through on that idea in the back of your mind? I know you want to...

Her jaw tightens and her posture becomes slightly more tensed. The worst part of it is, Apophis isn't wrong - she would love to paint these walls with the blood of those around her, hear the music of their screams, despite her conscience's objections to such an action. That sadistic hunger gnaws at her like it always has, and now is an opportunity...besides, it's been so long since last time...

No. No, no, no, no. If nothing else, she needs them to escape. And then there's Maahes...She pushes that thought away before it has time to complete itself; she can't afford to be tied down. After a moment of tension, Auryon steps forward and puts her hand to the door, lock clicking.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

You wanna be a writer? You don't know how or when? Find a quiet place, use a humble pen.
— Paul Simon