z

Young Writers Society

Guilty Party

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:46 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"Well, the specifics depend on the specific skill sets of the teams I employ, and much of it is quite discreet, but the primary purpose of the teams will be to retrieve resources and remove threats to the Eighth Sector."
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:49 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That was vague and only a little bit useful, but it did satisfy some of Kayden's curiosity. She couldn't really see a problem with saying yes to Abigor's offer right now. If it turned out he wasn't as moral as he seemed, she could always back out of the job by resigning.

She lowered her hand.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:06 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Abigor continued to prattle on about benefits, retirement plans and such, Harper stopped listening about halfway through, deciding instead to indulge in the snack table until Abigor announced that the deadline to accept was midnight. Harper glanced at the clock above the refreshments table. They had two hours.

he/they

Reviews: 0
Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:05 am
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

Noah turned to his new companions.

"What do you think of all this?"

He plucked a small clutch of grapes from a bowl on the table and gently picked one of the vine, popping it into his mouth, humming softly at the taste while he waited for his friends to respond.
they/them

95 Reviews

Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:17 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Harper looked Noah over. "Well, I think I could do it. Could be fun."

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:56 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"I like being independent," Kayden said, taking another swig of her soda, "but I can see the benefits of working under someone else. I'll say yes and back out if it doesn't meet my standards."

She looked over at the vampire.

"What about you?" she asked.
mage

queer and here.

Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:50 pm
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

"I'm not quite sure yet. I suppose I could always resign if need be." The job was certainly appealing. Though he wasn't sure he liked the idea of working directly under a demon lord. Vampires were also prone to the prejudice they experienced, it appeared.
they/them

95 Reviews

Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:44 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Harper watched Abigor across the room as he descended from the stage and began to mingle with the crowd.

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:35 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Out of the corner of her eye, Kayden saw Abigor leave the stage and start interacting with the group that he had brought here. She could have gone over to him, but it was more entertaining talking with these two.

"What are your names, by the way?" she asked. "I'm Kayden. Kayden Avril Ramsey, but you can call me Kayden or Kay."
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:39 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"Harper," Harper said, sticking her hand out for Kay to shake. "How were you formed by the way? Natural born or abomination"

he/they

Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:50 am
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

"Noah Dandridge," Noah said, visibly flinching at the question Harper posed to Kay.
they/them

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:23 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Kayden did a double-take and nearly choked on her soda.

"That's a question," she said. She wiped the soda from around her mouth with her suit's sleeve, swapped what hand was holding the cup, and then shook Harper's hand with her dry, free one. "It sounds like we have very different experiences with demons. We just have natural born ones—some that pop out without any kind of parents, and ones like that me that do have them. They're technically all natural, but."

Kayden shrugged.
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:35 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Harper wished she had her Grimoire. This had to be written down.

She cocked her head to the side. "So, we're from different realities, like Abigor said. Where I'm from, most demons on the material plane are abominations, amalgamations of souls and human will. You're a deal more...human, than most I've met, so natural born was my guess anyway."

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:26 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Huh.

"That's interesting," Kayden said. "I've never heard of demons like that before, so it really must be a your reality thing. I wonder if there's anything like that back in my reality."
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:24 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"I could help you find out," Harper said excitedly, "We could figure out how spells and rituals from my world work in yours!"

Theories spun wildly through her head. Would she be able to summon Annie? Why wouldn't she be able to, if not, and if so, did that mean that Annie could cross realities? Or would Harper be carrying the magic of her world with her, in which case her spells might only work when she did them in the other realities, and vice versa when it came to her reality.

She really wished she had her grimoire to write all this down.

he/they

Carpe Diem
— Catullus