Young Writers Society

A House with Many Doors

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:19 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He sighed. "I know it's your arm." He hadn't see what was there, but it was evident enough from how she had acted. He gave her a warm smile. Their argument could wait; she needed assistance right now. "Look, I'm not going to hold this against you. I don't work like that. I just don't like seeing people hurting, especially when I know I can do something to help them."

Spoiler! :
Since she'll probably stay silent again, is it alright if I have Maahes look at her arm? I just need to know what's there so I can write about it.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:22 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
Sure! He'll have to be fast, though, 'cause she'll try to evade it if she's expecting it, like Apophis ordered her to. On her left forearm is a small brand-like symbol of an owl
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:52 pm
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Do you want to do another post so I don't double post?
mage

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:25 am
View Likes
Lael says...

"What was that, Edwin?" asked Adamina, her words low and drawn out. Her face was neutral, but the look in her eyes wasn't assuring at all.

"I--" started Edwin, his voice quiet again. He met her gaze, desperate to convey his feelings to her. "You heard what both Leo and Auryon said in that room. They are involved with demons. Mina, how could I put you at risk?"

"Do not call me Mina. I agree that both are suspicious and potentially unworthy of my trust, but Auryon merely doubled over in pain. That hardly seems noteworthy." Actually, it did, but still.

"Adamina," corrected Edwin, though reluctantly. He drew up his courage. "Adamina Kenna, I love you. I am the most fortunate man in the world to be your husband--"

"Consort," interjected Adamina, who always seemed to like to remind him that the marriage had been arranged.

"All right, consort." Edwin had to admit that he and Adamina almost never had a long enough conversation for it to be substantial, as she was always out 'doing her duty' as the Heir Apparent to the Vanguard, who was supposed to represent the common people of the empire. It was obvious they didn't see eye to eye. "Anyways, I want to protect you. If nothing else, because you are a very important person to the empire. I have never harbored any intentions to humiliate you or your family. Please, trust me."

Adamina was silent for a few moments, thinking. Then she said, seemingly unaffectedly (though it was really a façade he didn't see through), "I understand. But Edwin, look at the door. There is no going back the way we came."

Edwin turned. Sure enough, there was no symbol on this side of the door. They were lost.

Spoiler! :
I'm thinking that at this point, as there are quite a lot of doors in this hall, your characters could eventually find a different door leading to the hall.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:38 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James and Laurel walked hand in hand for some time, resigned to silence despite all that they could catch up on after years of absence.

As they passed through the halls they caught sight of a boy sitting down in the hall, poking at a rectangular little tablet-like object in his hand.

Laurel drew closer to her brother, still holding his hand, but looked at the boy curiously. "Are you stuck here too?"

Spoiler! :
They see Raiden!
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:36 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

((Well, seems like you don't have to worry about double posting now @saentiel XD))

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:17 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Guess so!

Frustrated by her stubbornness, he decided to take matters into his own hands. "I'm going to go take stock of what I have here so I can help you when you decide to be cooperative," he started. He turned his back to her and began to look around the room. If she expected it, he knew he would never get a chance to see her injury.

He spun around. With reflexes that someone could only gain after many, many years, he shot his hand out and grabbed onto her arm. He kept his grip tight but gentle as he pulled it up into the light. A small brand-like symbol of an owl met his eyes. Was that the source of her injury? It seemed unlikely, but what else was there?
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:42 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

She jerks away as it glows pale white for a moment, eliciting a similar reaction to the first time she doubled over in pain.

That's not keeping him from seeing it.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:50 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"Auryon!" he cried out, noticing both the reaction and the glowing symbol. It's undoubtedly the reason for her suffering. What kind of thing could be responsible for that? It certainly wasn't her own doing; no one would ever want that in the first place. "Why is that glowing? Auryon, please give me an answer! If you can't let anyone else know, I won't tell. I don't have anyone to tell. The other people here are complete strangers."
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:53 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Don't you dare, the voice warns. I can keep this up all day.

Auryon doesn't reply, unwilling to anger the demon inside once more. She looks resigned. She's only human - she can't fight Apophis and win, and she knows that.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:59 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Realization suddenly struck him. He wasn't sure how he had been so oblivious to it before, but there was an incredibly clear explanation to this. The glowing mark was an enigma. The idea that their worlds were different meant that he didn't have to explain that to understand what was going on. He had seen similar things during his travels, and that was enough.

"Who is doing this to you?" he asked. Something had to be controlling Auryon. Whatever it was wanted to remain a secret, and that marking was most likely tied to it. "I've seen this before. I was oblivious to it earlier, but you're the host for something - aren't you? That's why you're in so much pain right now. It doesn't want to let me know that you're not the only one in there."
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:02 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Dammit, Blackthorne! My turn now.

She looks up, eyes turning luminescent and from red-brown to scarlet as she grins almost maniacally.

"I heard you want to play," she laughs, daggers instantly in her hands. One is black and one's white, both oddly curved and made from some unrecognizable metal-like alloy.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:11 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He stumbled back in surprise. The effect was incredibly similar to when a Goa'uld took over its host, though he was quick to remind himself that one couldn't possibly be in control of Auryon. She would have never had the control to begin with.

"Who are you?" he questioned. He kept his eyes on the weapons, in preparation of a highly likely attack.
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:21 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

She circles, eyes alight. "I'm just a girl who wants a bit of fun."

he/him/his

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:16 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Spoiler! :
Raiden has been noticed. Probably not by senpai, though.

Raiden looked up at the two who had spoken to him.
"Well, I'm not stuck in this area specifically, but I might be stuck in this huge mansion thing. I'm not entirely sure," he said, standing up.
"Are you guys stuck here?" he asked, glancing them over. They seemed alright, at least to him. They kinda look like a couple, with how they were holding hands.
Last edited by RaidenCheese on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

All the turtles are related.
— Jack Hanna