Young Writers Society

We are the Persistent, We are the Misplaced OOC

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:51 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Certainly! Welcome to the rp, @Elinor!
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:56 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Welcome to the roleplay, @chikara and @Elinor! I'm already really excited for this. I can't wait to write Jason and Alex reacting to the rest of the cast.

Alex is going to have absolutely no idea who the Falcones are, but Jason is going to hear that last name at some point and be like:

And while Jason probably isn't going to recognize that version of Doc Ock, Alex is going to be like "no way" when she first sees him. She might have that reaction to Jean, too, but I'm not sure she knows that much about Marvel.

(The whole gag with her character is that she's supposed to be a MCU fan who ended up in DC comics and is therefore completely unprepared, so I'm not too sure she would have seen the cartoon or movies at any point. Her comic knowledge is also pretty shaky, too.)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:11 am
View Likes
Grimmwolf says...

ooh i'm interested. i haven't roleplayed in a while so i'm rusty, but i'd love to throw in a version of Starfire that's been floating around my brain! ^^
they/he

112 Reviews

Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:12 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Sure thing, @Grimmwolf!
I await everybody's characters with excitement!!
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:13 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

Yay! I'm so excited. Hope this bio works. The Animated Series is pretty accurate to the Claremont comics anyhow, and I'll be using my knowledge of those to fill in a lot of the blanks from the show.

Since this version of Jean is from the 90s it'll be fun to play with her being a bit out of time, too.

Spoiler! :
Name: Jean Grey
Alias (if applicable): Phoenix, formerly Marvel Girl
Appearance: Red hair. blue eyes. A kind face. Warm and comforting to all who meet her.
Universe/Timeline: X-Men: The Animated Series
Franchise: Marvel
Very brief backstory: Born in 1970, Jean Grey's mutant powers, both of telepathy and telekinesis, were discovered when she was ten years old, and heard the last thoughts of her best friend as she was tragically hit by a car. It was then strongly suspected she was a mutant. It was then she first crossed paths with Charles Xavier, but her parents wanted her to have a normal life. By sixteen she found herself unable to control her powers, and she found herself as the fifth student of Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. She quickly fell for Scott Summers, and he for her, and they fought for a world that hated and feared them as the X-Men. By 1994, Jean and Scott were married, and Jean was declared legally dead on an ill fated mission to space. Yet, she was given a second chance at life when the Phoenix force possessed her. Its ultimate purpose is still unclear.
Version: The Phoenix has completed its initial mission and has yet to be shown the treachery of man through the actions of the Hellfire Club. Jean Grey is still largely herself. Yet, there are things that don't make sense. Things that don't add up. And Jean is often scared, especially away from her husband and her friends. But she's still kind Jean. Think Jane Levy if this was live action.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:44 am
View Likes
Grimmwolf says...

very much a new character, but hopefully it works! :D
Spoiler! :
Name: Kurt Vargas
Alias (if applicable): Starfire, Koriand'r
Appearance:: Scrawny and lanky, and he's always been the tallest one in his classes. He's heard from others that he's generally a very polite looking fellow. His hair is a deep shade of auburn, but it can look like a more orange-ish shade in some lightings. He often wears band shirts and flannels that were gifted to him by his older brothers.
Universe/Timeline: an AU where a seemingly normal person is turned into a superhero via fanfiction writing. just so happens that the new, living and breathing Starfire is just a kid who got mixed up in all this superhero business by getting hyperfixated on a series.
Franchise: DC
Very brief backstory: Kurt was raised by his grandma and his older brothers near the countryside. He was always a fan of "dorkier" things, and he often found himself lost in cartoons, comic books, and fantasy stories. He always wrote stories, but he never had the courage to actually show anyone until one late night when he discovered a site for posting fanfiction. After checking back in the morning to see what the response was, his world changed.
Version: "Never meet your heroes" but with fanfic writing.
they/he

112 Reviews

Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:48 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

This looks fantastic, Grimm! I can't wait to see Kurt in action.

she/her

4144 Reviews

Reviews: 4144
Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:19 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Is there room for one more?
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

112 Reviews

Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:21 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

As a matter of fact there is!

she/her

4144 Reviews

Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:41 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Great!! I was thinking of using an OC of mine that I created for the Flash Tv series...and who's a version of Killer Frost? Does that sound okay?
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

112 Reviews

Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:45 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Sounds perfect to me! Being a multiverse roleplay, there are honestly a lot of liberties to be taken.

she/her

4144 Reviews

Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:02 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Awesome, I'll edit in a cp to this post sometime in the next few hours :D

Edit: And it's up!!
This character hasn't been fleshed out much at all, she's meant for a future flash fanfic I'm planning on writing so this should be a good opportunity to develop her :D

Spoiler! :

Name: Zara Anne Snow
Alias (if applicable): Killer Frost
Appearance An image of your character or a description of them): In her normal form she's meant to be a long lost younger sister of Caitlin Snow from the Flash TV series so she looks somewhat similar to her. Her hair is the same shade, only cut to around shoulder length. Eyes and general build are similar but she of course looks like a teenage and not an adult. :D As Killer Frost, it is pretty much the same transformation shown in the show.
Universe/Timeline: The Flash Tv Series (2014 - present) AU timeline where it diverges from canon around Season 4 ish.
Franchise: DC
Very brief backstory: Zara is Caitlin's younger sister who was believed lost in an accident that took place when she was barely a few months old. She grew up in a foster family and had a pretty normal life except for the fact that as soon as she was old enough to know the truth she started to look for her real parents. It was that which led her to Central City on the night of the Star Labs particle accelerator explosion but she ended up getting zapped by the accelerator and never meeting the person she wanted to. She wasn't affected too much by the explosion and didn't think too much of it for a couple of years before she started experiencing her powers. Sometime between seasons' 3 and 4 she ended finding her way back to Central City and her sister where things of a plot I've yet to fully plan out happen.
Version: Her powers are identical to her sisters, but from the beginning her other side became her friend almost from day one leading to her having very good control over her two personalities.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

112 Reviews

Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:32 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

That looks great, Harry!!

Okay, y'all. I have a feeling I'm gonna be really busy with schoolwork tomorrow, but I should be able to write a starting post this week and perhaps plan with you tomorrow.

she/her

4144 Reviews

Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:41 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Thank youu!!

That sounds good :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

112 Reviews

Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:13 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Alrighty y'all, so I have a vague idea of why this portal was caused and how to stop it, but I haven't planned much further ahead than that because I enjoy improv. That being said, if y'all would like a bit of a skeleton plot to build on, we can come up with plot points or situations now. What are your thoughts?

she/her

I want to see people turn and writhe; make them feel things they cannot see and sometimes do not know.
— Anna Held