z

Young Writers Society

Finding Nate the Dragon [OOC]

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:42 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Ahhh thank you @Carina! I had so much fun catching up on reading what I had missed! There are so many great quotes in this thing.

Also an appearance by Big Brother AND YeOldeYorick? Who's next? Lots of star power going on here!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:20 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

I'm a weird mix of poetry plaza and roleplay kingdom. Like, I frequent both. Also, can I be a shapeshifter?
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:35 am
View Likes
Carina says...

ABSOLUTELY and luckily for you, RP Kingdom and Poetry Plaza are together right now

and maybe Literature Republic too? honestly unclear lol

if anyone wants to tag @almostimmortal in their next post, that would be perf! am thinking maybe she could be be a bat from santa's army then spoofs to true form or something lol. Otherwise, Immortal, if you wanna just hop in, that's totally cool too! The last four posts are prob enough to read since there's not too much continuity in tagbooks anyways.
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

31 Reviews

Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:38 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Alrighty!
She/They/Fae

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:41 am
View Likes
ForeverYoung299 says...

Hello everyone. I will be joining the tagbook... Do I have to read all the posts there? And how are we really supposed to post? Um... Are we gonna continue the story what the last person wrote or we will be going only with our own journey? Also, who are we supposed to tag? New people who have not yet joined the Tagbook?
Also, will anyone tag me or shall I join on my own?
Seems like I have tons of questions.
Last edited by ForeverYoung299 on Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:00 pm
View Likes
sakeofvanity05 says...

ah... whoops ;} I kind of just inserted myself into the scene w/out checking the OOC thread- uhaghhheg
I posted smth earlier but silly ol me forgot to notify y'all about my character ;"c
so- I mean... better late than never ig ;p
Im not sure if the kind of magic I incorporated is actually allowed in this realm... but I tried to make it seem like a one-off, unpredicted incident (w/ her teleportation) so it's not like she's op~ just powerful on a fluke :}
~I read the previous posts w/ the sleeping spell being a no no (from the mushroom gal) and I am now vv conscious of my decision to grant sanity the use of black magic... but being a witch and all, continuity is a plus, right ?
~I thought up of an excuse basically... to join y'all... and end up in the same location w/out having to travel on foot, y'know ?
~accidents make for convenient plot devices ;]]
lmk if my post's ok tho !!
"It was a great mistake, my being born man;
I would have been much more successful as a seagull or a fish.

~ Eugene O'Neill, Long Day's Journey Into Night

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:44 pm
View Likes
ForeverYoung299 says...

Can anyone tell me who are there in the Literature Republic? I am still struggling with the Tagbook... :(

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:49 pm
View Likes
DreamyAlice says...

Let me make it clear for you forever. Actually tagbooks are not that serious, it's just for fun and there is not much planning done in tagbooks. You just tag anyone you want, and I think you can be with the District of Community troop. They are now flying on the Phoenix borrowed by Ashlyn and going to the sea of forgetfulness.

Well the tagbook is getting really chaotic Xd and I have no clue what happened in the last few posts so just read the last few post about,it's something realted to santa and all. Whatever just read the last few post and go with the flow! I will be excited to see your post!
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:46 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

@ImaginativeAlice already gave a great answer!

But just to add in case future people have questions, anyone is allowed to join a tagbook at any time and can tag people already participating or not participating! The tagbook is set in a loosely fictionalized? version of YWS, where we each pretend to be characters of ourselves, so technically we're all there already on this search for Nate the Dragon!

There's many posts already so it might be good to skim them, to get a general sense of what's going on - but to put it very succinctly we are all searching for the dragon, and you can be part of whatever group you want assisting in that mission.

Also there's no such thing as a mistake / "breaking the rules" in a tagbook, it's just a fun thing for special events on YWS, so please don't stress too much about doing something wrong, whatever you'd like to add will be a good addition I'm sure! The more you read previous posts the easier it will be to participate in the ongoing jokes and add to the story, but you don't need to read every single previous post to jump into the story. Hope that makes sense @ForeverYoung299!

The story so far is hilarious too so I highly recommend reading through parts when you have a chance too, especially if you've been mentioned anywhere! <3
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

147 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:39 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

Yep yep! alliyah and Alice hit the nail on the head. There's only pure chaos and fun xD Don't worry about perfect posts @sakeofvanity and @ForeverYoung299!! Your posts were great. :)

I actually mostly said nah to the mushroom rain because there was no continuity to it. xD I think that part was missed in the following posts, so no one went to sleep. But I'm a DM run by chaos magic so I explained it all away by being meta and saying "lol that's Level 10" and having everyone blink for a microsleep instead. Honestly, any crazy magic is allowed as long as it doesn't ruin the fun of the tagbook, i.e. "I teleported to Nate and found him then got my million points" type stuff. So go crazy, sanity! (hah, see what I did there?)

It looks like we're mainly divided to two groups: Forever + Alice + other tagged folks not yet posted, and everyone else lol. Nothing wrong with that, though!

Does anyone in the Santa group want to go again and spread more cheer? Although hard to top the amazing effort done by whatcha >_> LOL

if not, I can move things along >:)
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

147 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:39 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

*sees that the tab has been changed to Roleplays*

>_>

looks like santa has been convinced and christmas in july has been saved by this and everyone's jolly efforts.... STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT ADVENTURE, we're closer to the dragon's den!
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

147 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:43 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

We did it, everyone! Several people have spread the jolly holiday cheer, and since a certain dragon changed the Storybooks tab to the Roleplay tab, we were able to convince SantaYWS to stop his army of bats and resume Xmas in July!

This was an experiment on creating an interactive choose-your-own-adventure tagbook, and I'd like to see it completed, but I see it going past RP Month. A couple more bosses, and we'll be finished!

To celebrate our milestone and to incentivize everyone to continue to participate until the end, I have created badges you can earn! You can find the entire list here: 2021 RP Month Badges

The first one is a simple participation badge, which anyone can earn UNTIL THE END OF RP MONTH.

Below is everyone who will be getting this badge as of this post. It will be distributed once July ends.

@ShadowVyper @veeren @Valkyria @SilverNight @FireEyes @whatchamacallit @Vincian @Liminality @HarryHardy @Plume @Spearmint @Mea @BluesClues @soundofmind @InuYosha @LittleLee @ImaginativeAlice @YeOldeYorick @AlmostImmortal @sakeofvanity05 @ForeverYoung299

The next badge is the Defeating SantaYWS Badge. Since Santa is already defeated, this challenge would normally be over. However, since badges were introduced after Santa was defeated, I will give you 48 hours (from this post) to get a post in and earn your badge! As a reminder, this is the post with the instructions.

(special thanks to whatcha for the poster which influenced the badge lol)

So far, only three people have earned this badge: @AlmostImmortal @whatchamacallit @sakeofvanity05

The badges will be distributed after the 48 hr period, so get it now while you still can! All future badges will have its own unique challenges and time period, so be sure to subscribe and keep an eye on SB and OOC posts. Let me know if you have any questions!

LET'S FIND NATE THE DRAGON WE GOT THIS
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

31 Reviews

Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:50 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

WE DID IT! Congrats, everyone!
She/They/Fae

147 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:09 am
View Likes
Carina says...

Badges have been rewarded! Let me know if I missed you.

I'll be making another post this weekend >:)
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

Some people file their [tax] returns inside of a dead fish.
— John Oliver