z

Young Writers Society

Rei [DT]

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:32 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Not sure if it helps saying that, but as long as you don't reboot a character all the time, as long as you've had little to no posting time to develop it or as long as it's below 3 times, it's generally accepted to have a character reused for another SB.
Of course, decision's up to you, m'dear, but might as well say that while I'm here.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:08 pm
Poopsie says...

yeah it is. It's also not korean (I don't think). I can change it to something else if you want. I just didn't have any ideas and the name sounded good so I was going to go with it and mention how it was a girls name in the sb
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

40 Reviews

Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:38 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

No, it's Asian in general - used in Japan, Korea and even China, if I remember what I've been told correctly. Haven't talked to the Yumi I knew in a long time.

Well it's not really me, per say, it's more like we're apparently in a real world setting, so it would legit be weird if in real life a male had a girl's name if it's not socially known to be neutral. It's like how many people in France are weirded out if a boy is called Camille, because it's not very known that it's actually a neutral name, and not solely female. You can always pull off something like Yumi was neutral in the dude's specific region of origin and his parents just went with it.
You know I usually have the craziest names around, m'dear - heck, even my real name is fantasy material - but I like I said, I was legit just confused. If you have plans for this, go right ahead - it just needs to work with real world setting, is all.
Also, well. Comedy :3
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:05 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Just to say this ahead of time, my character is a Chinese girl from Texas.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:11 am
View Likes
Poopsie says...

might have stolen my cousin's name
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

40 Reviews

Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:58 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

'Kay. Then if your cousin is a male who happens to have that name, all the more reasons to make it work, m'dear. Like I said, it's totally realistic to have a region-specific bound thing or something along those lines, since well it happens.

@Lael I feel like some badass clichés can be born from that combo...

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:04 pm
View Likes
TheBlueCat says...

My character is slowly turning into a math geek. And maybe history too. I think she is turning into the opposite of me xD
Unofficial Blue Cat of YWS =^-^=
she/her please <3

81 Reviews

Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:37 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Haha, she's very academically driven, at least.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

40 Reviews

Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:51 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Hopefully she can officially turn into a history geek along with math - I'm not a math person myself, but man, history has a lot for us to geek about XD

102 Reviews

Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:14 pm
View Likes
TheBlueCat says...

I think that is probably going to happen; I am seeing her as a logical person, so she likes the facts and things that always work the same, so history and math. This is going to be an interesting character to use! Oh, and I also found a cool character creator thingy, so I'll probably add that to my character profile.
she/her please <3

40 Reviews

Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:31 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

I mean, I wouldn't say that history facts "work the same", despite its tendency to repeat itself due to makind's eternal stupidity - or predictable patterns - but I guess fixed dates is what you mean?

*chuckle* Conversations in-character might be quite fun to plan out.

And yay! You do that, m'dear. Can't wait to read it along with the others.

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:05 pm
View Likes
deleted221222 says...

I ended up making a logical character as well, though his whole shtick is that he's too logical and isn't very creative.

102 Reviews

Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:12 pm
View Likes
TheBlueCat says...

Our characters may end up being very similar then x-x I'll try to make mine a unique as possible, but we might just have to tweak them a bit once we see each others.
she/her please <3

81 Reviews

Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:39 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Oh whoops, I was referring to my own character, but I realized that fits your character as well, @TheBlueCat! :P

102 Reviews

Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:41 pm
View Likes
TheBlueCat says...

Haha xD
she/her please <3

Sometimes poetry is inspired by the conversation entered into by reading other poems.
— John Barton