Young Writers Society

The Outlands [DT]

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:31 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

440 Reviews

Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:34 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Did I mention that Kaia's armor looks heckin' cool? And that I love all the different outfits in general?
and do not be afraid.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:15 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

@Lael AAAAAAAA

omg @Wolfie THANK U SO MUCH I'M SO GLAD U LIKE IT ashdjkgshdlfkjsghf
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:22 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

OH! I have a question for you @Lael!

So for the last post of this round, this was what I had down basically:
Rosaleen and him yell each others' heads off some more and both split off from the group. Ari, Brett, and Adina stay back. Kaia(???) might follow after James and stick w/him whether he likes it or not? He would insist no one follows him, not even her, though. @soundofmind and sherlockhson

The uh, bolded text is what I wanted to ask you about lol. Since I'll be writing that post (unless you're free to collab and wanna help!... still would like to know tho lol cuz CURIOus) I was wondering... would Kaia follow? Would she follow from a distance? At this point, she's really only there for James - not that she hates the others a bunch of course, but I feel like she like, actually wants to do stuff about Blackfield w/James so she'd be more motivated to go w/him than stay w/the others. But James will be.... very uh........ volatile? So idk!!! If might be interesting to just see how it plays out when we write it if you're able to join us when the time comes but idk!! Just wanted to talk about it because whether she stays w/Brett, Ari, and Adina probably changes how I need to outline stuff after, which I want to start doing asap so I have a posting order and assignments before this round ends!

So yeah!!

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:44 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Yeah, I think she would follow him. She knows that he probably needs someone there even though he wants to be alone, so she won't leave regardless. (And she could always force him to let her stay by threatening to drug him again and drag him back to the group, which I'm sure he absolutely wants to avoid.)
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

174 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:03 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

HMMM I GUESS WITH THAT IN MIND
I wonder if any of the gang would really let James go. Would they let Rose go? Kaia would go after James, but what about the others?? I want your characters to be in character!!!

@Wolfical @Featherstone LET's TALK ABOUT IT

As for Adina, I'm not sure... I feel like she might feel torn, but go after Rose? @sherlockhson thoughts?

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:33 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Ardeshir would go with James hands down. Unless someone tries to physically keep him from following, he's coming regardless of what James says, and if someone tries they'll probably get punched and he's like seven feet tall so he'd probably manage to go anyways lol
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:48 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

<soundobooks>
@FalconerGal9086 @Wolfical @Lael @sherlockhson @saen @sheyren @Saruka @Kanome @Elinor @Chaser

The Outlands
A possibility of 2 points!
    1. You get one point for writing your assigned post in round 5!
    2. And you get another for covering everything in your assigned post! :))

Danganronpa: Hope's Peak
A possibility of 3 points!
    1. Have your post be at least 600 words!
    2. Have your character pair up with one or two other characters and explore the school.
    3. Establish that your character either likes or dislikes another character (along with why). Why do they get along? Why do they not?

Just as I was about to click "Discussion Topic" to come here, the image saying "Catch Me If You Can" loaded; how fitting. XD

In any case, this challenge has expired! Apparently, running away from the Grim Reaper (or Father Time - they can quibble between themselves over who has jurisdiction here) is futile.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:03 pm
soundofmind says...

Hey @Lael!! Totally no rush I'm behind on storybooks too haaaaa but just poking to see when you think you might be able to get to your post! And if you want/need any help you know I'm hereeee haha

81 Reviews

Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:09 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

I might try to get my post in this weekend. Hopefully a yes.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

81 Reviews

Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:07 am
View Likes
Lael says...

I wanted to let you guys know that I've started my post . . . I'm just working at snail-pace, so please bear with me.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:20 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

No worries @Lael!! You got this!! :)

174 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:13 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

@Lael!!!! I!! LOVED!! YOUR!! POST!!!!!

Kaia's so cool. I really liked the bit where she reverted to treating James like a bounty and not a friend so Pitch wouldn't be suspicious, and I especially love her suspicions of Rosaleen!!!

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:58 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

ROUND 5(actually)

AND THUS. ANOTHER ROund HAS MET IT'S END. If you're wondering why there's another round five it's because I had a brain fart and forgot this past round was supposed to be called the K.O. round... cause you know... like, the group splits...

BUT ANYWHO. I EDITED THAT. So that's fixed! And now we head off into the pains of reconciliation and forgiveness and all the mess that comes with that! Should be fun : )))

Spoiler! :

9. The rest of the group settles at their camp and sleeps. Rose still feels awkward and ashamed and like she doesn't belong in the group after what she did. The night before they travel out of town, Rose takes first watch again and can't sleep. Kaia is up and they talk. Some kind of heart-to-heart by the waves, relating maybe about their similar pasts and how they were orphaned by bad leaders. @sherlockhson and @Lael
10. Brett returns and chooses to stay with the group, but w/reluctance. Matt's ship has to leave that day. The two brothers say a heartfelt goodbye. @wolfical
Last edited by soundofmind on Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:23 am, edited 6 times in total.

440 Reviews

Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:57 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Three posts in one day?? Heck, y'all are crazy!
(...good writers!)

James being temporarily paralyzed makes the argument scene so tenseee agh I can feel his frustration.

I love this SB so much <33 Also. Brett's "frustrated chuff" haha <3
and do not be afraid.

“Writing fiction is the act of weaving a series of lies to arrive at a greater truth.”
— Khalid Hosseini, Author