z

Young Writers Society

The Curse of the Phoenix [DT]

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:56 am
sheysse says...

@Feltrix Yup, awesome post!

@AliceinBluue as I mentioned over Discord, it looks like we also only have one Aquamancer. So if you'd rather that than a Desert-Dweller, the option is yours. Just, if you can, try and get your CP and your first post up as soon as you can. Thanks!

176 Reviews

Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:51 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

Sorry for the double post everyone, but I've finally gotten my plans for this SB down on paper, or in this case, a pad. https://sheyren.writerfeedpad.com/15? Ta-dah! Feel free to look it over and make suggestions!

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:02 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Regarding plot point IV-6 (Laurel+Dya are dead) I will need to figure out how contained you want Gabe and Ahmed to behave for their displayed deaths. I mean hey, plenty of time, but also plenty of emotion to go over properly and fine-tune.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

176 Reviews

Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:11 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

Yep. We can of course make changes to who's present, how their death is announced, etc. if we feel the need, but like you said, there is plenty of time. As is, I see it as other members of the group holding them back from doing something totally rash and ridiculous.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:16 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Basically all the things there were things that you had already told me about, so I'm good. I am pretty upset about what happens to some of the old cast, though, but I know that there's nothing that I can do about that.

Petition to call the sequel to this Curse Shippuden.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

176 Reviews

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:42 pm
View Likes
Feltrix says...

There's no point asking if Dya and Laurel somehow miraculously survived, is there? Perhaps the same way as all the wyverns we killed?
Intrepid Explorer
Squire of the Green Room
Harbinger of the Cosmic Squid
Brief Castaway
Founder of Hermits United
TIME Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year
Dark Matter Overlord
Kind of a Big Deal

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:49 pm
View Likes
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

Looks good to me. I am interested to see how personal plotlines are interweaved in this story.

176 Reviews

Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:15 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

@Feltrix I'm afraid that won't be the case. XD The answer to how the wyverns were revived will be revealed in due time, but it won't be applicable to them.

@XxXTheSwordsmanXxX We shall see. We. Shall. See. >:D

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:49 pm
Lael says...

I didn't follow the first installment, so I've been wondering this for a while. I'm going to ask the question that's probably kinda obvious for most of you: who's Kyoah? :D
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

176 Reviews

Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:03 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

And this is why I need to get to work on finishing that character guide I started...

So the kingdom is run by two major forces. The Order of the Magicians, an army of magical soldiers who protect the kingdom, and the Royal Guard, an army of nulls protecting the kingdom. Each has a general. At the beginning of the first installment, Sylvetta was the general of the Order, and Kyoah was the general of the Royal Guard. Kyoah, despite having seniority, was passed over for running the mission against the wyverns, with Sylvetta getting the job instead, and so he resented her and the rest of the party for most of the story. Towards the climax, Kyoah and Sylvetta settle their differences peacefully, aka with fists and choking, and finally the two make peace. In the epilogue Kyoah is promoted to the council (leaving Sius to take his former role), and he actually originally nominated Sylvetta for the role of queen.

Hope that clarified. If not, or if you have questions regarding other characters, then feel free to ask.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:08 pm
View Likes
AliceinBluue says...

Okay! My CP has been submitted and I'll try to get my first post up as soon as I can!!!

176 Reviews

176 Reviews

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:44 am
View Likes
Omni says...

You got it bawse
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

Mudwesterner
— BlueAfrica