z

Young Writers Society

The Revolution DT

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:19 am
View Likes
sheysse says...

I agree with Mea that we should stick with the limitations of Minecraft 1.10. It will limit people and make it a bit challenging but it'll be fun. Besides, then it'll seem more like we're writing about the Minecraft universe we play in.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:35 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

*Reads post* Oh-ho my gosh. This is going to be amazing XD

@Mage first off, thanks a ton for respecting the details give away, glad you managed to organise your post so well with them. As for your advice, oh don't worry your post itself gave me that idea XD
No seriously, it looked like Kysalyn was sleeping or something before Hooded Man knocked on her door, so now I really wanna start with that. And no, I don't think you got anything wrong, so I'll just improvise from there.

@Sheyren eeeh, depends how you handle them, methinks. I just wonder how much their personalities will clash balanced out with how much they may or may not have in common. If I manage to post today, we'll get a good first clue :3

As for Mea's point, sticking with the game's limitations certainly is fair, though I wonder if an element or two shouldn't be unique to this SB, since it's"our own version of the game", so to speak. The whole myth around Notch and Herobrine, for instance, they must have special abilities or something, I'd assume.

That and sticking with the game means knowing more that just the basics of it, whiiiiich unfortunately isn't the case of everyone.
Luckily though Minecraft has an informative wiki, a lot of mods and a lot of possibilities in terms of construction, so we should do fine, right?
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:46 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'd be willing to go outside the canon, @Mea. Of course, it depends on what everyone else thinks about it.

Also, @Poopsie, since your character hasn't been introduced yet, you can change their appearance.

Thanks @Kelpies and @Sheyren! :D
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:51 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Oops, didn't notice the other page! You're welcome, @Tortwag! I really can't wait to see your post.

Yes, Herobrine and Notch do have special abilities. I think that it would be alright, as I stated in my last post, to go outside the canon. And, like @Tortwag said, there is the addition of mods. I think if we mainly stick to vanilla Minecraft, with a couple of mods thrown in occasionally, it should be alright.
mage

queer and here.

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:56 am
View Likes
Mea says...

I would actually prefer to stick with vanilla Minecraft, mostly because I'm really not familiar with mods at all. I was just saying that if everyone else wanted to add mods, I wouldn't be the one to hold you guys back.

(Honestly, as long as someone explains to me what the mods do/links me to them, it's all good.)
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:01 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

If everyone else wants to do mods, we can link them like @Mea wants in this DT. I'm know none of us know all the mods, so then the links or a simple explanation would come in handy.
mage

queer and here.

40 Reviews

Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:24 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Mage Right. Well, the point of Kysalyn's character was to be able to think and act outside of the box anyway, so going outside the canon isn't something I'd mind as long as we still respect most of the established universe's rules. I mostly relied on mods to kind of break them anyway, and as long as I got these and all the constructions I need to polish my plans, I'll be happy.

*waits for everyone else's opinion*

@Mea good point. Let's just throw a link/short explanation in the DT if we're using a mod or a specific item or function of Minecraft. Or we can just have our characters do it in the SB if we get the occasion.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

40 Reviews

Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:44 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

I am double-posting for the sake of attracting attention to something.

*realizes something*, uh everyone? Remember when @Mage mentioned liking posts to keep track if who's reading them and who's not? I may be wrong, but I believe that that warning was also for the SB posts. So we may want to give a like to the Hooded Figure - and give him some courage to face the awkwardness of his situation, lol - as well as @CupcakesForRealMen's recent post.
Because that post was too cute.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:52 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Thanks, @Tortwag. Both The Hooded Figure are in need of that courage. :P

@CupcakesForRealMen's post brings up a point I wanted to address. I'm not expecting all of you guys to wait while Kysalyn and The Hooded Figure talk. My suggestion is that you guys post like @CupcakesForRealMen did - post your character going about their usual day. It will help everyone to know more about your characters. Also, it will let everyone get to finally write about the characters they've created. :D
mage

queer and here.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:56 am
View Likes
sheysse says...

I just noticed that Mea's character, Joseph Hayes, has two daughters. Would Clarice and Amy also, technically, be related to Steve? Just curious if they count and if that point is even planned to be brought up.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:01 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I didn't think of that, @Sheyren. What do you think, @Mea? If you want The Hooded Figure to ask them too, he would (as of right now) only ask Clarice because Amy's only twelve.
mage

queer and here.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:28 pm
View Likes
Amabilia says...

Imma try this, though my posts probably wont have a lot to do with minecraft, sorry.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:52 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hi @DreamingForever! Since this is a Minecraft storybook, your posts will have to do with Minecraft, for the most part. If that works for you, then please stay. :D
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:08 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hi everyone! Sorry for bombarding you with notifs yet again, but I have something very important I would like to get across before this storybook truly kicks off. It has to do with involvement in this.

I want everyone to know that you have to be dedicated to The Revolution. I don't mean spending every free second you have posting or thinking about it. Basically, I just want everyone to stay involved. Please don't go for long periods of time without posting. Please check what everyone has done up to this point and moving forward. If you're going to be gone for awhile, please inform us all so we can work out a solution. If something suddenly happens and you're incredibly busy, please inform us as well.

It's really important to do this. If we don't, members of the storybook may grow uninterested and want to leave, or simply don't feel any need to post because they have no interest in doing so. Besides, it's the polite thing to do for your fellow storybookers here.

If you feel as if you can't do that, please message me or put something here about wanting to leave the storybook. If you feel as if you can, let's keep up the awesome work! :D
mage

queer and here.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:15 pm
View Likes
JuliasSneezer says...

OKay. Having read that, I won't be able to post from Friday afternoon. Thank you for understanding!
"When in doubt, improvise!"
-Winny the woodpecker

ah yes my boiling cheetohs
— tatteredbones