z

Young Writers Society

The Cinereal Wolf Pack DT

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:50 pm
Wolfi says...

@KatyaElefant Welcome to the pack, Ogden!
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:26 am
BrumalHunter says...

Yay! We now have an Omega! Does anyone mind if I write the next entry?
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

440 Reviews

Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:10 pm
Wolfi says...

I wouldn't mind! :D
and do not be afraid.

293 Reviews

Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:59 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I apologise if I've made everyone wait in anticipation, but I don't think I know enough about our Omega to actually start writing. @KatyaElefant, could you please provide us with a short description of Ogden or PM it to me?

In the meantime, I think @Fade or @Cynder should continue with the story. Perhaps you can write how Snowflake, Conan and the two two-year-olds (if no one's going to claim them) respond to @Wolfie36's Heather's call-to-arms.

Finally, I have some suggestions as to how Skyefire should receive his name (feel free to add your own suggestions if you deem none of these satisfactory):
1. Skyefire almost dies during a forest fire, but is saved (maybe even by Kimeya?)
2. He is cornered by a fire and jumps/falls off a cliff/raised body of earth
3. He is simply named so because of his fur colouring.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:10 pm
SpiritedWolfe says...

I think the first one would kind of give a connection to the pack and Kimeya. I'd be fine with any of them (but 2 reminds me a lot of The Wolves of Beyond series.)
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

440 Reviews

Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:30 am
Wolfi says...

Yes, I love the first one. Good thinking!
and do not be afraid.

293 Reviews

Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:03 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Okay, a forest fire it is. The only problem we face now is how it appears to be winter. I might have a solution, but we'd all be happy to hear a different suggestion.

So, what if the pack reacts aggressively to Kimeya at first, but then Heather asks why she entered their territory. After Kimeya's explained her circumstances, some of the pack members might want to kill her/chase her off, as they understandably believe she's an intruder. Heather then convinces them to let her stay a few more days, but then she must leave (and it's not like they can defy Heather anyway ;) ).

If at this point you are wondering why I say this, it's because I don't think wildfires and snow go too well together, so by letting a few more days pass, a warm front (is that even what it's called?) can hit, melting the majority of snow. Also, when intense heat and cold meet, it's often disastrous, meaning a heavy thunderstorm might result. Kimeya could then consider it a great time to leave, but just before the thunderstorm subsides, lightning strikes and a wildfire ensues (is a wildfire even hot enough to burn wet wood?). Curious pup that I am, I probably slipped away after the storm was spent, completely unaware of the inferno coming my way, and then I find myself trapped.

I realise this suggestion can be a little overwhelming, but it's the best scenario of which I can think to have my pup named and get Kimeya to be accepted into the pack simultaneously. However, it's only a suggestion and I am absolutely willing to have someone else propose a scenario as well. If this one is accepted though, I think I should write how I get trapped, but my rescue should perhaps be out of Kimeya's POV.

So, what does everyone think?
— Paul the Apostle

767 Reviews

Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:48 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

I like how well developed your idea is, but I don't think Kimeya would accept th offer into th pack (especially since they're probably going to attack her, aren't they? ) I would like to ask if there are humans around, since of course there are many possible ways that a person could accidentally start a wildfire. Even if its within a five mile radius if so.

[she/her]

293 Reviews

Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:00 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Given humans in general's careless nature, it is very possible that they can be the cause of such a disaster, @Wolfare1. I don't know whether or not there is human activity where we are though, we'll have to wait for Wolfie's response to find out.
— Paul the Apostle

440 Reviews

Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:50 pm
Wolfi says...

Yes, I agree that the cause of the fire should be because of a group of humans. If this is a modern story, a dropped cigarette could be the reason, but if we decide to step back in time a little, the reasons could be different. Maybe a group of gold miners have struck a claim near the valley and weren't careful with their lanterns, pipes, or campfires. (Jack London era). It would certainly need to warm up a little, so I would allow a month to go by before the wildfire can blaze.
and do not be afraid.

767 Reviews

Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:04 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Personally, I like the 'Jack London era' better, mostly because I feel there would be slightly less human interaction, winters would usually be harsher (excluding this one in North America and probably other places?), and there would probably be less pollution/deforestation. That's just me, and I'm fine with whatever. Anyone else's thoughts?
*cough* @KatyaElefant *cough*

[she/her]

293 Reviews

Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:15 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I agree with @Wolfare1, and for the same reasons.
— Paul the Apostle

440 Reviews

Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:27 pm
Wolfi says...

Awesome! We'll go with Jack London's era, then! (For for those of you who have read The Call of the Wild or White Fang.)
Meanwhile, we must wait for @Fade or @Cynder to post the next entry!
and do not be afraid.

667 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 667
Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:03 am
Messenger says...

care to have a bright and buoyant 2-year old pup?

293 Reviews

Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:03 am
BrumalHunter says...

o_O An older sibling? @Wolfie36, may we keep him? *wags tail expectantly*
— Paul the Apostle

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
— Abraham Heschel