Young Writers Society

Animorphers DT

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:32 am
View Likes
Steggy says...

I might be working with @Wolfie36 on the next post? However, I'll be working on this rounds, and put it up by this weekend. I don't know. Whenever I have the free time, I'll post it then.

Also, nice post. ^^
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:42 am
Sonder says...

I'm going to tryyyyy for this weekend. >.> I don't know how likely that will be. I'm sorry.

Also, @LeftyWriter, I think we should start thinking about phasing me out of this SB. I'm leaving for China in about 4 weeks, and then life will be insane after that, so I really don't think I'll have time or strength to keep up. Maybe we can kill Jinx off before then? Or someone could take him over?

I'm sorry for dropping this news all the sudden, but I'm trying to phase out of YWS things.
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination."
~Thoreau

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:50 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

Hey, @Nightcrawler.

I'm sorry to hear that you'll be leaving. But I do totally understand with everything going on with your family and traveling and your new little brother and everything. It's a lot, and it makes complete sense that you'll want to start fazing out Jinx.

As for how it's done, that's completely up to you. Way back at the beginning you mentioned you planned to kill off Jinx at some point, so if that's what you'd like to do, go for it. Now that the lab has blown up and they'll have people after them, it would fit in well. But if you'd rather keep him alive, I'm sure we could find someone to take over his character, too. Like I said, totally up to you. Just let me know what you'd like to do (and when you'd like to do it) and we'll figure it out.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:56 am
Chaser says...

Is anyone planning to morph at the lab? If so, we probably need to bring up the suits.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

254 Reviews

Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:03 am
Sonder says...

Thanks for understanding, Lefty. I don't want to leave anyone in a lurch, so I wanted to give a few weeks notice. :) I think I'd like to kill him off in a few posts' time? I don't know how, though. Would Soldier Riley be around by then? Or maybe there's another skirmish with the lab or the rebels?
~Thoreau

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:07 am
Lefty says...

I do definetly appreciate the notice, @Nightcrawler. ☺️ I think that could be worked in. I don't think soldier Riley will be around yet, based on what Fantasy has been saying. Since we're at the point now that the Animorphers are being followed, the Japanese could take him out since that group wants to get rid of all the animorphers.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

254 Reviews

Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:11 am
Sonder says...

That could be good. Perhaps he escapes the stalker the first time, but they get him the second time. Do we have any idea how the Japanese go about their hunting and, eventually, killing? Do they kidnap first, get information, then kill, or do they straight out snipe the kids down?
~Thoreau

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:15 am
View Likes
Europa says...

Personally, I think sniping the kids on the spot would add some shock. A sneak attack is good, but nothings more terrifying than an unseen enemy. If Jinx was to get caught and killed that way, it would be a great way to bring in the real danger of their situation, as well as some mystery as to who is following and trying to kill them. Having them have no idea who's behind Jinx's death and trying to figure it out could lead to high tensions and some drama in the group.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:16 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

More glances are exchanged, though this time it's more like they're trying to figure out who the elephant is.

That's brilliant ^^ Epic post, Lefty! :P

Yes, @Steggy and I have the love-themed Captain's Challenge to complete, which will be veeery interesting. Can I catch you on chat tomorrow, Steg?

I'm so excited for you, @Nightcrawler! A new little brother! <3 I think we'll all be reluctant to see Jinx and your excellent writing skills leave us, but spending time with your new family is much more important. I know it's still a few weeks away, but all the same, best of luck to you!
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:26 am
Europa says...

So, how is Riley gonna get out of her little rebel issue now tat she has no reason to carry a kitten around anymore? @Chaser could Neon be running from some stalker guy and Riley hides him in the backpack? (Even though she's still miffed at him.) Don't know if you already have something else planned or not, but if that sounds good to you then I could do that.

254 Reviews

Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:29 am
Sonder says...

@TheFantasy14 That's an interesting idea. What do other people think?

@Wolfie36 Thank you so much. <3
~Thoreau

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:41 am
Chaser says...

@TheFantasy14 Yes, that could work. Neon and Riley get approached by some people, resulting in them having to run, Neon jumping into Riley's bag, and then her being picked up by Darrin. It'd also give her a reason to accept his otherwise odd invitation.

Honestly, at this point, it doesn't even have to be Neon who's with her. It could be Cole, since he'd be able to do about the same amount of damage with his acquired skills. But since you'll probably be writing the part where it starts, your choice is the deciding factor.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:37 am
LordZeus says...

You know guys I think we are losing a few too many animorphers. I don't think we should kill off Jinx, but let someone else take over his character instead. I think a tiger is a good person to have here. Why don't we, instead have Ryker killed off? like, someone goes into his room in the hospital and turns off the life support machines. That way we introduce the threat without losing another animorpher. Just telling you my honest opinion.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:41 pm
Wolfi says...

I definitely like that.^^ I know that Night has had it planned for Jinx to die all along, so it's really her choice, not ours, but if she does let him live, I'd be willing to take over Jinx myself.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

254 Reviews

Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:32 pm
Sonder says...

I'm okay either way! If Ryker gets killed instead I'd like to write that scene too. :3 If you guys want to keep Jinx, it's fine with me! I was just thinking that it would raise the stakes more, if someone who's healthy and not in a coma gets killed. We haven't had anyone die yet and I thought it would be more surprising if it wasn't Ryker, since he's already out for the count.
But again, I will be happy either way.
~Thoreau

Work expands to fill the time available for its completion.
— C. Northcote Parkinson