z

Young Writers Society

The Maze of the Guilds DT

Choose Zyreli's fate

1) Through magic or steel, Zyreli's quest will when he draws his final breath in battle.
23%
2) Let Zyreli meet his end unaware as he foolishly dies by the hands of a trap in one of the Towers.
8%
3) A fate truly worse than death- enslavement. Zyreli was too weak to withstand the stronger forces of those who guard the Pages, and will spend a lifestyle in servitude of them, until age or starvation claims his life.
69%

Total votes : 13

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:04 pm
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

No problem, @Auxiira! I'm going on a tour this weekend, and have another activity next week, so you can take all the time in the world... (that can fit into two weeks, of course...)
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

257 Reviews

Reviews: 257
Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:33 pm
Tuesday says...

May I have one Azoruis, please?
What does it mean to be brave?

she/they

62 Reviews

Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:36 pm

One Azorius coming right up @Blaspherica! Please go through the DT to find any information that you may find useful or relevant...
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

257 Reviews

Reviews: 257
Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:41 pm
Tuesday says...

Sure thing, @TheClockworkConjurer!
What does it mean to be brave?

she/they

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:26 am
Chaser says...

Y'know, I hate to be greedy...but can I have a Guildless, too? A character idea's been bugging me, and there's really no other place to put it.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:37 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Both characters submitted!

(Hunter, the demon was so difficult, you have no idea xD)
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

62 Reviews

Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:09 am

@SpiritedWolfe, both your are so dark and evil! I love it! Accepted...

@Chaser, just remember that the more characters you have, the more you'll have to post to keep all of them alive, but I shall reserve it for you.
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:31 am

Okay people, we have 4 slots still open... If possible can y'all please help find people to fill those slots? I want a full house of PCs (NPCs won't work in an elimination style SB)

Also, we can start planning our first posts. Your first posts have to be about your characters being summoned by their Guild, and told to prepare and go to the Maze. How you get told, and where you get told are up to you (like a Dimir assassin can be on a job somewhere, etc.)
Just remember, only the GLs know you are planewalkers, so no one else can tell you that except the Maze (which is what I'll do)

P.S. We shan't enter the Maze if we don't have all the profiles in, since I need to sort your starting positions (two of the same Guild may not be in the same starting sector...) Also, I need to work out "stats" for your Champions (depending on the skills, etc) so you can see whether your character can survive against another in specific conditions...
And finally, I still need to make all the terms for each of the Trials, so we shan't enter the Maze until next weekend at the earliest...
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:46 am
Deskro says...

I'm kind of interested actually, but I'm not sure how consistent I can be with uni exams coming up. I'd also have to re-read some of the technicalities... If you could pm me I'd be interested to discuss it.

EDIT: If I am able to join, I'd like to be part of Orzhov, though if a spot opens up in Rakdos I'd be more than happy to switch.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:14 pm
Bambi says...

Can I be a Boros?
" I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don’t let anybody tell you different." ~ Kurt Vonnegut

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:15 pm
LordZeus says...

@AstralHunter and @TheClockworkConjurer I have edited my character profile. Please take a look at it.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:52 pm
BrumalHunter says...

@Deskro and @Bambi, your spots have been reserved!

@LordZeus, all that editing has finally paid off, for I have approved your character profile! Just remember that the Light Aura spell prevents Shade from seeing too, but only while he's glowing.

*also quietly tags users to fulfill TCC's request*

@TheFantasy14 @Lau2001 @TheForgottenKing @Tortwag
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:13 pm
StupidSoup says...

O no. The wrath of the twaggy is nigh
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:18 pm
BrumalHunter says...

I noticed that people were avoiding the two "lightest" races, and I figured he would know how to create some crazies with them. He could have a field day with the Azorius Senate, for example, since the previous leader's aim was to gain total domination by making every action illegal. (You have no idea how much fun my brother and I had with that. XD) It's also worth noting that the spiral in the centre of their triangle represents the obscurity of their rules and how nobody but them can understand Ravnica's laws...
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:20 pm
LordZeus says...

Thanks Hunter! Phew, I'm glad that's finally over and done with.

I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.
— William Shakespeare