z

Young Writers Society

Animorphers DT

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:55 pm
Europa says...

Was that his name? I was thinking that was who Riley decked, but I couldn't for the life of me remember his name.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:02 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

I should be beginning my post shortly. @Stegosaurus, want to plan some interactions between our characters?
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:24 pm
Steggy says...

Sure! :D Whenever works-- just got done with my finals! ^-^
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:41 pm
Chaser says...

Posted. Rick Johnson has been defeated with a potato, Terence Matthews has been knocked out by a metal lunchbox, and Sierra Murphy has been traumatized along with approximately one fourth of the student body.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:59 pm
Europa says...

So are we still on the same round of posts @LeftyWriter? I've lost track.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:56 pm
Lefty says...

Yes, we are still on this round, Fantasy. Michael, Dan and Charlotte haven't posted yet and this round is supposed to end at midnight tomorrow. Though we might extend it a day or two if we need to.

That reminds me... Sunshine is taking I hiatus from the storybook until everything going on irl has calmed down. So she's not dropping out, just won't be posting for a little while. I asked her what she would like us to do with Gwen while she's away, and she was good with pretty much anything.

So, we could keep Gwen alive through our posts as an NPC and Sunshine can pick her back up when she gets back, wherever we are in the story by that point. Or we could technically put Gwen in a coma until Sunshine comes back so she can pick up where Gwen left off in her Animorph transition. If we did that, the other characters would probably have everything figured out (and will have fully morphed) and can help Gwen through it, since she still won't have fully-morphed yet. That way Sunshine doesn't miss out of that part of the storybook with her character.

Or, I suppose a third option would be to have us switch off posting for Gwen (or one sole person picking up Gwen)... but I haven't discussed that with Sunshine.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:37 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

I think another coma might be excessive. I would be glad to take over Gwen until Sunshine returns, but we can also make her an npc as well. Im fine with whatever sunshine wants.
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

93 Reviews

Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:16 am
Lefty says...

I agree that the coma is excessive considering Ryker and Jinx... But I also didn't want Sunshine to have to forfeit telling about Gwen first becoming a wolf, Gwen dealing with it, etc... if she didn't want to. Though, considering she said she was good with either option, perhaps she doesn't mind skipping those parts.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:45 am
HazelGrace16 says...

Honestly Gwen could sort of be the "runt" of the group. She'll struggle with being the only normal one. Like everyone is getting these extraordinary things, but I'm running late.
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

93 Reviews

Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:42 am
Lefty says...

I like that. That way she can still be part of the group but her abilities can come later. Great idea!

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:21 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Well, I've posted! @Wolfie36 and @HazelGrace16 I've mentioned both your characters here, so you may want to read it. I hope you like it guys :D ! Oh and Hazel I was thinking that since Dan heard Emma's thoughts in my post, Emma would've heard Dan's thoughts too. Just a thought :D
Last edited by LordZeus on Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:37 pm
TheSilverFox says...

emarko2 wrote:I thought the story was good. Could have been developed more!!
Focus more on character development.

@emarko2: I have deleted your post from the Animorphers SB (Storybook) and transported it into the Storybook's Discussion Thread, otherwise known as the DT. I have done this because, quite typically, in an SB's posts, we try to only post the stories pertaining to the SB within the said SB's posts, rather than comments associated with those stories, like compliments and criticisms and so forth. Those said compliments, which, if posted in an SB, can interrupt the flow of the series of stories in an SB and provide an unnecessary interruption for those attempting to read through an SB's posts, are more appropriate for a SB's DT, such as this one, which have been created in part people can discuss topics pertaining to the story and also provide compliments to the stories presented. Nonetheless, I perfectly understand what happened, given that you're new and inexperienced, emarko2, and this post is largely just a reminder of why it isn't appropriate to do something like that, as well as provide some advice to advise you against repeating your unintentional mishap again in the future.

Anyways, I noticed that you're a new user, emarko2. Welcome to the site! You can find out a lot of helpful tips pertaining to the Storybooks through this link: Storybook Rules & Resources, not to mention a super helpful link that can help you better understand and comprehend the general mechanics and behavior of the site: FAQ for New Users. If, after having read through these links, you have any further questions or confusions pertaining to the site and how it works, please feel free to either contact me or any of the other moderators (the ones in the green usernames), and we'll be more than happy to answer your questions. :D

May you have a great time on this site! :D
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

93 Reviews

Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:06 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Yay, I'm looking forward to reading it. :)

Merry Christmas, everyone! Given the holidays, I think we'll end this round at midnight on the 26th so no one has to worry about posting over Christmas and Steggy, Wolfie, Nightcrawler (and Hattable?) have an extra day to post if they'd like to. I hope you all have an awesome Christmas!
Last edited by Lefty on Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:47 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Nice post, @LordZeus!! I completely forgot about writing mine this round, I'm sorry! Now I have something to build upon, though - seeing Dan as an eagle and all. And @Steggy and I have to do some planning. I'll catch you sometime after Christmas in the chat bar.

Merry Christmas!!!
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:51 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

That seems perfectly fine, @Wolfie36! Have a merry christmas, and watch out for reindeer. ;)
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

Most things happen for a reason. Though, usually, the forces that be are immature enough that the reason is comedy.
— WeepingWisteria