z

Young Writers Society

Trapped in Hell DT

240 Reviews

Reviews: 240
Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:37 pm
AdmiralKat says...

Oh and I'm a guaranteed female! Don't you worry! :D
Whale. Whale. Whale. What do we have here?
Some scurvy dog looking at my post, eh?

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:44 pm
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

@KatyaElefant, what time period is your character from, what was their social standing, and what was their occupation, etc.

I am kind of a fount on general knowledge (sometimes utterly useless in real life), and I am also a non-self-proclaimed boffin when it comes to history, historical cultures and lifestyles (it's what I want to go study and do for the rest of my life, so of course I'm a genius of it)

*waits for Katya's character or queries*
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:49 pm
AndrewRayne says...

Hey guys, how does my character look? It's gonna be my first storybook so I don't want to disappoint lol. :)
My favorite soundtracks, are the ones that pull me away from every other sound.

240 Reviews

Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:49 pm
View Likes
AdmiralKat says...

My character is from some point in the Middle Ages, she is a nun and probably richer(as far as I can tell from history). She is probably from England but since the Middle Ages is such a large topic, I will have to find a more specific time period(maybe looking at the time of the Magna Carta)

62 Reviews

Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:59 pm
View Likes

The Magna Carta is the perfect time period, @KatyaElefant!! I would love to see a character from that time period.
A nun? She must have done some pretty bad stuff to secure herself a spot in Hell. Well, seeing as you want to have her be a nun, you can always make that she was deflowered while betrothed to someone else (another rich noble perhaps?). Then, when her father found out, she had to " get rid of" him and her betrothed, and then fled to a cloister where she sought safety by becoming a nun.
Note, this is just my mind working overtime, so please excuse me.

Oh, and if you do make a medieval female, Gus will finally have someone he can relate to.

@AndrewRayne, you need not fret,it is a good profile. I look forward to working with you, and giving all of the SB wisdom we all have to you.
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

240 Reviews

Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:03 pm
AdmiralKat says...

I was thinking more of the lines of how she had never wanted to be a nun because as a child, she had a lover and then when she grows up, she finds her childhood love with someone else(maybe some circumstances). Then, she gets so angry that she takes her anger on someone else(after murdering her old childhood love). Like she could work at an orphanage and she could beat the children there and murder them or something. >,< Again, I'm working on it so that it's historically accurate. She's like a rebel nun though.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:04 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@TheWanderingWizard Dude, my actual name was formed on the words "Hell's Door", what did you expect?
(True story.)
But in all seriousness, don't worry I'm not a demonologist, I simply enjoy learning about demons because I have a deep fondness for villainous characters since I was a child. By I also find a great interest in the Kabbale, the angelic orders, and especially the seraphins. I just like fantastic things in general, but in a way, I'm already a demon :)

@KatyaElefant well there was an argument about Hell and its representation in this SB, but that's resolved, since our marvellous Queen will provide us with her own version of it.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

62 Reviews

Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:14 pm

Madame @KatyaElefant, even though I like your idea very much, there is one tiny snag. Orphanages did exist in Britain during the medieval times (aka Middle Ages), yet they were run by Bishops or monks, not nuns, and the children were usually sent away as servants or apprentices when they were old enough to obey strict orders and schedules.
Thus, brilliant concept, not so accurate occupation.
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:17 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

For the love of all that's good and kind! You people gave me more notifications than even PMD, and that's saying something.

@TheWanderingWizard, you need to finish up with that book so I can start learning French too. I'm going to have to start conversing with you in our home language if this continues, just so I don't feel awkward anymore.

(Oh, @Tortwag, the quote he meant rings, "Demonology teaches about demons, is taught by demons, and leads to demons." I can't remember who said it, but that's how it goes.)

@KatyaElefant, the passive-aggressive arguing is over, so there's no need to worry. ;)

I find your idea for your character very intriguing, though.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

62 Reviews

Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:23 pm

@KatyaElefant, here's a nice little link to a document about medieval nuns. I hope this helps:

http://www.clioproject.org/files/PDF/Medieval_Nuns_Lesson.pdf
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:25 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

OH MY GOD, I'm having more Notifications than PMD as well. About 15 in a 2 or so hours, that's a record :O

...So I'mma read Kat's profile, but mine's ready.
...I think I should re-read mine, just to be sure, too.
EDIT @AstralHunter I did not know this quote. Well, I'm kind of a demon, so it fits! But again, I get fixated with those.
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

62 Reviews

Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:26 pm

Oo, en @AstralHunter, ek dink die Frans pratery is nou klaar, so jy kan maar gerus gestel wees. (There, I spoke in Afrikaans on YWS, you happy?)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:27 pm

In two days we have already written 6 DT pages! My word...
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

240 Reviews

Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:31 pm
AdmiralKat says...

Thanks for all the help! :D I'll find another way for this nun to be murderous! > : D

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:33 pm
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

I'm really excited for this to start up ^^ Murderous nuns have sealed the deal.
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

I tell the neophyte: Write a million words–the absolute best you can write, then throw it all away and bravely turn your back on what you have written. At that point, you’re ready to begin.
— David Eddings