z

Young Writers Society

The King's Quest DT

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:23 pm
KeiPie says...

Sure, if you guys like the idea I can incorporate that too. Maybe take out the feast and just put like a general meeting together where we decide who will do what on the team. Good idea.

onedarkhorizon wrote:I think awritersdream idea is a really good starting, it'll let us all get to know each characters personality right off the bat :)
“The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.”
― Mark Twain

“You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.”
― Ray Bradbury

5 Reviews

Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:35 pm
View Likes
KeiPie says...

SCOUT PROFILE

Name: Leif Vex

Elf, human, dwarf or sprite: elf-sprite

Appearance:
Leaf is tiny, about a foot tall. He has choppy black hair and light skin. He is very thin and usually wears clothing that he makes himself.

Personality: Leaf is hyper and always running around but is very valuable as a scout. He is very young and not much of a warrior but he is fast. Leaf is pretty level-headed compared to other elf-kind but still gets upset easily. He's the pet of the group and they treat him like a kid, which he is. Leaf always has big ideas and talks very rapidly and excitedly. You can never keep him still. He's not very bright, but follows instructions perfectly. He doesn't mind being treated like the little servant, he's just happy to be able to be in the company. He loves to hunt and his hobbies are painting and weaving and of course making his own clothes. He likes to use his weakly-developed magic to make all his creations beautiful but would never think to use his magic as a weapon. His only weapons are his darts.

History (optional): For generations, Leaf's family has been considered the best trackers and scouts of all time. They travel a lot and bring back reports to the king. Ever since Leaf was young, he has visited places all over the kingdom. The king thought is was important to have someone who knew the land and how to get around so he picked Leaf to accompany them.

Dragon: no

Other: He's the pet and the weakling of the team, so feel free to make fun of him and boss him around. It doesn't phase him.
Last edited by KeiPie on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.”
― Mark Twain

― Ray Bradbury

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:44 pm
Dakushau says...

Okay I'll have my profiles up today. If it's okay with you I'll have 3 characters, a female fairy sprite, a male ghost sprite, and one of the tame dragons. If you want me to have less I'll remove the ghost sprite. Also would the dragon be owned by someone's character or not?
<YWS><R1>
“The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision.”
–Helen Keller

Check out Daily Sentences for new, short, and creative sentences; every day.

The Storybook Revolution; Let's make a story.

~Dakushau

5 Reviews

Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:59 pm
KeiPie says...

Three characters is fine as long as you can keep up with all three! And I think the tame dragon could go as a member instead of a pet... He could offer rides to the other characters but not be owned if that's alright with you.
― Mark Twain

― Ray Bradbury

11 Reviews

Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:00 pm
Dakushau says...

That's fine. I'll work on my profiles and get them up later today.
<YWS><R1>
“The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision.”
–Helen Keller

~Dakushau

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:47 pm
Craz says...

Okay, I changed mine.
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

11 Reviews

Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:34 am
View Likes
Dakushau says...

Name: Ayleth Kaduri

Age: 346, but looks and acts young. Appears around 17ish by human looks.

Elf, human, dwarf or sprite: Fairy Sprite

Appearance: Ayleth is very pretty and often appears innocent looking. She has long, flowing brown hair that falls down to her chest and pretty blue eyes. She has soft pale skin and a lean figure. She also, of course, has wings. She wears clothes made out of red and blue flower petals. Basically your average fairy.

Personality: Ayleth enjoys games, conversations, and having fun. She's calm and kind, but won't hesitate if she needs to protect her ally's. She loves to act sweet and innocent, and for the most part is. She can tend to be stubborn and prideful at times. She loves being out in nature.

History: Ayleth grew up in the woods and spent alot of her time there. Though she may look young in appearance, she has been helping the kingdom for over 100 years.

Dragon: No

Other: She finds it fun when she changes her appearance to that of another creature.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Aureo Nokar

Elf, human, dwarf or sprite: Ghost Sprite

Appearance: Aureo is about average height. He has clear, pale, almost white skin. His hair is short and is a silvery, gray color, and his eyes are a blueish-gray. He wears simple villagers garb.

Personality: He can be very quiet when he wants to be and usually is quite calm. He finds watching creatures and people interesting. He's somewhat an extrovert and tends to want to be around people, although he doesn't need to talk to them. He enjoys practicing his skills.

History: Aureo's early history is unknown. For reasons unknown at this point, he decided to join the kings army at the age of 16 and has served the king faithfully for sometime now.

Dragon: No

Other: Up for love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Ahkrin Sunvaar

Elf, human, dwarf or sprite: Dragon

Appearance:
Ahkrin has light blue/dark blue scales and a golden underbelly.

Personality: Ahkrin is calm, wise, loyal, and intelligent. Unlike other dragons, Ahkrin is one of the more intelligent one's which actually can talk. He is serious and thoughtful. He doesn't always talk but when he does it's usually relevant to the task at hand, but not always. He doesn't mind giving his allys a ride sometimes. He doesn't like being commanded or references/comments about anyone owning him. He hates being called a "pet" or a "beast" or similar terms.

History: Ahkrin was never "owned" and finds the concept of a dragon being your "possesion" rediculous and insulting. Not much is known about his history but he has helped in protecting the land several times in the past.

Dragon: Well... he is a dragon.

Other: He can shoot both fire and frost breath from his mouth.
<YWS><R1>
–Helen Keller

~Dakushau

11 Reviews

Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:35 am
Dakushau says...

Alright, I've finished my profiles and they're now up.
<YWS><R1>
–Helen Keller

~Dakushau

5 Reviews

Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:10 am
KeiPie says...

Ok everyone! I think that's it! Please look over the character slots and make sure your characters are there, I don't want to forget anyone! Here are some last instructions before we start the SB. All posts will be headed by your character's full name bolded and will be written in first person past tense. Please submit any last minute profiles now (although I might accept some after it's started). Make sure to read over the other profiles again just to get to know them and we'll be starting very very soon. Thank you for your patience!
― Mark Twain

― Ray Bradbury

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:05 am
Iggy says...

Finally finished my profile. Sorry about that, all.

@KeiPie - Uh, do we have to roleplay in first person? That wasn't a part of the rules, and if it had been, then I wouldn't have joined, because I feel more comfortable writing in third person. I'm not surehow the others may feel, but chances are, some of them feel the same way, so can we possibly change that to "roleplay in whatever point of view you prefer", please? I'd really appreciate it.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:58 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Initially, I thought the POV restriction was a bit too much. Then I thought, "Challenge Accepted!"
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:29 am
Skydreamer says...

@Griffinkeeper: I actually really like the idea that you put out of Imara and Marlon possibly training together, I think it gives my character a sort of extra history of maybe how she was treated being a woman in the training grounds, how the training grounds work or other experiences. I think it makes it more real.
My question is: Do you want the characters to get close or not? It seems like they are both not really ready, and I don’t mind either way, but I am just wondering, because that could be interesting. :P (and I would like to know so that I don’t disrupt your plans and vice-versa)

@KeiPie: When I think of the story I think of medieval times, am I correct? So is there all of the, etiquette and culture of those times? I like to think on the history aspect, and it will help me make my story proper. And I think that the question of who will go next is first come first serve?
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

Random avatar

Reviews: 28
Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:50 pm
Hopkin says...

I was thinking the same thing thewritersdream, first come first serve?

Random avatar

Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:56 pm
Hopkin says...

Actaully I prefer third person as well, it makes it feel like everyone is in it together. that's what I think. ;) and my elf is not in your slots, I'm a male elf, and I didn't see it in there... and if I may be one more person? I'll write down a profile.

Random avatar

Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:20 pm
View Likes
Hopkin says...

Name: Slounder Bong

Age (between 16-30 for humans, 250-500 for elves, 50-70 for dwarves, and sprites can be any age): 56

Elf, human, dwarf or sprite (if sprite please specify which one): Dwarf

Appearance (a picture is welcome but also describe in words): He's got a thick build, a large brown beard, small eyes that are somewhat curious, round pink cheeks, usaully smokes his pipe, leather fingerless gloves, a nice handy dandy club, and a smaller axe. Very large black boots, for his rather large feet. And he's short, and strong.

Personality: Stern, yet happy, likes to tell jokes, sometimes likes the company of others, preferably dwarfs, thinks elves are kind of silly, and usaully makes fun of anyone he can.

History (optional): Lives in a cave underground, the king and him have always been friends, he use to give the king gold and stuff, just because he hated another kingdom.

Dragon: yes/no No. Can't get on top of it very well.

Other: He loves chewing on his pipe, but when he's not he loves eating, or talking making fun of people. Likes a challange, and going out to battle! Would be up for love, if his mother hadn't die.
Last edited by Hopkin on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Noelle, you can lead a writer to their computer and give them coffee, but you can't make them write.
— CowLogic