Young Writers Society

The Revolution DT

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:17 am
View Likes
Kelpies says...

I'm still here!
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:13 am
View Likes
Mea says...

Hey, I'm here. Life's been really complicated and this weekend at least is going to be extremely hectic and I also haven't been having inspiration to write anything at all, but I'm still here. :)
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:36 am
View Likes
JustJasper says...

Still alive despite the hurricane's efforts.

-Ossie
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:15 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

...What? Why wasn't I the only one not active here? Darn it, everyone's busier than I thought.
Hmm.
Welp, still active, @Mage. And yay, I guessed Ryder right ^_^ Lol, well it would've been undrwhelming had you not kept yur act together, so it's a good thing you did :3
One thing about the challenge though: d'you mean that the next SB post must include a story that's not necessarily related to the SB? About whoever we want? Like if a character is writing, dreaming, or thinking about something else than the current context?
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:20 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@Oswin1800, like @Sheyren said, are you alright?

@Tortwag, to answer your question...nope! You post it via the publishing center. I'm not sure if anyone noticed this or remembers, but @AllisonTheWriter wrote short stories for her character in Shattered Moons, so I thought doing something similar would be fun!

After someone brought it to my attention that it costs two hundred points to publish a work and therefore would mean anyone who completed the challenge would gain nothing, I'm awarding three hundred points. ^_^
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

176 Reviews

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:01 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

*nervously laughs* Who knows...

Also, I would like to bring it to the attention of everyone here that one of beloved participants has their birthday today. Happy birthday, @Poopsie! :D
mage

queer and here.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:07 pm
View Likes
JuliasSneezer says...

I'm sorry, @Mage! This totally slipped my mind, to be quite honest. At first I didn't think that this was a part where my character was relevant, then school got in the way, (as school does.)
"When in doubt, improvise!"
-Winny the woodpecker

11 Reviews

Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:07 pm
View Likes
JustJasper says...

Hey guys!
Yeah the hurricane did effect me. I live right where it passed through but luckily I don't live super close to the beach. I am okay. It was crazy though! So much destruction!
Gotta go clean some of it up now.

-Ossie
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.

-Greg Bear

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:05 pm
View Likes
JuliasSneezer says...

Okay, @Oswin1800 good luck, and I hope everyone over there is okay!
"When in doubt, improvise!"
-Winny the woodpecker

176 Reviews

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:46 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@JuliasSneezer, I completely understand. ^_^

Is everyone besides you alright, @Oswin1800? I'm grateful that you're okay. Clean up after hurricanes definitely is a difficult and tiring task, so I wish you lots of luck with that!

Now we just need to hear from @AnarchyWolf and @Omnom. I know the latter of those two went light blue a little while ago - which means he's not as active - so we most likely will have to make due without our antagonist posting specifically (but feel free to make Aquestioning do stuff!) for awhile. I'm not sure how things are going on Anarchy's end.
mage

queer and here.

11 Reviews

Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:53 pm
View Likes
JustJasper says...

I think everyone in my area is alright but a lot of them don't have power. Luckily I live pretty close to the power plant and on top of a hill so I have power. I don't think anyone in my city died.

-Ossie

-Greg Bear

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:14 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Oswin1800 Okay, good to know there wasn't much casualties from that tornado. Heh, I'd probably be the lone weirdo staring at it as it passed though, assuming I'd be far enough to do that.

@Mage Oh so an ACTUAL short story that we'd publish. ...That's... Huh. I am VERY unfamiliar with this practice ad had in fact no idea that it was a thing. So we can write whatever we want related to The Revolution and characters in it? Huh. That should allow me some time to throw in some major hints about Kysaline's family and therefore Kysaline herself, then.
Got a few SBs to catch up though, so don't expect that challenge to be complete before some time.

On a random note, avatar change has been made from my side too!
Spoiler! :
Image Mostly showing this one 'cause I love its concept, and especially its name: "Thruster Speed to F?x! YEAH!"

Who needs a dragon when you've got them magnets. ...Hmm. Maybe I'll give Kysaline my obsession with Manyura... *deeply mysterious thoughts*
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

People say I love you all the time - when they say, ‘take an umbrella, it’s raining,’ or ‘hurry back,’ or even ‘watch out, you’ll break your neck.’ There are hundreds of ways of wording it - you just have to listen for it, my dear.
— John Patrick, The Curious Savage