NympheaLily says...

Yeah. I'll read what you have and figure out what to do. @Mage
Will Solace IRL

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:23 pm
Mageheart says...

Thanks, @NympheaLily! ^_^ Could you just change it so Briar doesn't say that he's a demon? He wouldn't tell anyone.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

69 Reviews

Reviews: 69
Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:12 pm
View Likes
NympheaLily says...

Ok sure thing! I also had an idea with Nero and Maria. I thought that it would be interesting if one was the unknown bringer of the sickness that transferred to Ollie and yeah. If either @Mage or @Lael want to change the idea or expand on it that would be awesome.
Will Solace IRL

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:21 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

@NympheaLily that sounds like a good idea! I don't think that either Nero or María would know they have it or intentionally spread it. At least, if it were María, she wouldn't. Who do you think should have it, @Mage? What are your thoughts?
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:34 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That sounds good to me! I think Nero would most likely have it; he's been living out on the streets for several years. But maybe, because María came from Spain, she might be carrying something Ollie's immune system isn't prepared for?
mage

queer and here.

69 Reviews

Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:45 pm
View Likes
NympheaLily says...

Quite possibly but remember, Ollie is from Scotland which is Europe not too far from Spain. It would be highly doubtful that any sickness from overseas would affect her. However, there are different magical sources in different countries. Perhaps we could think of it upon a different level of more ethereal?
Will Solace IRL

69 Reviews

Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:50 pm
NympheaLily says...

Also @Mage if you want to create a character page for Briar you can.
Will Solace IRL

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:51 pm
Mageheart says...

Do you think Ollie would have been here long enough to become immune to most magical diseases/illnesses from America? If she has been, then María might be the best option because even though Scotland and Spain are both parts of Europe, it still is possible for there to be different strains of magical ailments that Ollie might not be immune too.

Alright! I'll do that when I get a chance. ^_^
mage

queer and here.

69 Reviews

Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:56 pm
View Likes
NympheaLily says...

Yeah actually I think that might do. Ollie's been in America for a long time but her heritage is so strong her accent will never go away. That could work actually.
Will Solace IRL

81 Reviews

Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:25 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

I'm willing for María to be the carrier of the illness. @NympheaLily, what does this disease do? Symptoms, result, how long does it last, etc.?
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

69 Reviews

Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:54 pm
View Likes
NympheaLily says...

Hm, I'd say that it would be fatal to most. Let's have the side effects be kind of uncharacteristic behavior and they start turning in to something they're not. Ollie has a really fine tune to when she gets sick but this was more on the serious side so she trapped herself in a tree.

Actually I had and idea where the disease was trapped in the tree with Ollie and if she was freed so would it. What if someone freed Ollie in order to do good but in doing so, they freed the disease as well. That could add an interesting twist.

Disease: ????
Info: only effects peculiars. Feeds off their supernatural powers and magic. The more powerful the peculiar, the harder the disease to rid of. Examples of powerful peculiars are flying peculiars, shape shifting peculiars, and healing peculiars. These three types are most prone to this powerful virus if exposed to it. Disease most found in the regions of Europe and Africa.
Symptoms: uncharacteristic behavior, random spastic movement, paralysis, looks like the common cold in the earlier stages
Stage 1: coughing, low fever, easily curable here
Stage 2: uncharacteristic behavior, eyes turn red around the edges, harder to cure here.
Stage 3: spastic movement and irrational actions, very hard to cure
Stage 4: paralysis, virus eats through nerves starting at the feet, works it's way up to the brain, impossible to cure
Stage 5: death, virus eats though the brain, patient becomes beacon for disease, must be disposed of immediately and buried. Those who touch the corpse must see to a nurse to make sure they are virus negative.

This is only my idea for the disease. It's impossible to effect normal people, only peculiars. Tell me what you think!
Will Solace IRL

81 Reviews

Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:08 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Sounds good! But María shows no symptoms, so it could be dormant in her, and therefore no one would know she had it? (Her powers are to fade into the background and good hearing, though, so she doesn't fall into the especially susceptible category. This probably doesn't matter though.)

Does the disease also feed on negative emotions? If that's the case, Maria would probably start showing signs of it sooner or later.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:23 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I just realized both Nero and Nat would be susceptible to it - Nero can shapeshift and (though he keeps this ability hidden) can also fly. Nat has healing powers. So it seems like Briar is going to be the one trying to figure things out.

And, now that I think about it, Nero definitely has been hanging out a lot with María...Also, Nat was just left with someone infected...>.> Do you mind if I write another post? This one for Briar?
mage

queer and here.

69 Reviews

Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:12 am
View Likes
NympheaLily says...

@Lael since Maria has a lot of negative emotions that could be why the disease is most prominent in her. @Mage that's what I intended ;) Also I kind of made it that Raven was immune to the disease. And also remember, when Ollie healed Maria, she took the disease upon herself and once she is freed that is when everyone else would be susceptible.
Will Solace IRL

69 Reviews

Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:33 am
View Likes
NympheaLily says...

@Gymnast2801 @PixelPrince @Vellichor If you guys want to post sometime soon and help expand that would be great! Take your time with it though, there is absolutely no rush!
Will Solace IRL

Don't be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.
— Roy T. Bennett