z

Young Writers Society

The Maze of the Guilds DT

Choose Zyreli's fate

1) Through magic or steel, Zyreli's quest will when he draws his final breath in battle.
23%
2) Let Zyreli meet his end unaware as he foolishly dies by the hands of a trap in one of the Towers.
8%
3) A fate truly worse than death- enslavement. Zyreli was too weak to withstand the stronger forces of those who guard the Pages, and will spend a lifestyle in servitude of them, until age or starvation claims his life.
69%

Total votes : 13

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:47 am
View Likes
Poopsie says...

o.o I think I liked you being second place better.
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:00 am
BrumalHunter says...

I'd laugh, but one of my characters is in the negative, so perhaps it would be better if I did not...

8/16
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

62 Reviews

Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:49 am
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Pics of the creatures in the Pantheon will be posted momentarily (I just need to find where I stored them all :D )

Also, the Leonin males are slightly taller than a tall human (more or less 7' tall), and the females are smaller (about 5' 4"-6') The males also have long head and neck hair (not exactly like a lion's mane, but not human-style hair)

Like I said... I'll add pics in about ten mi
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:50 am
Steggy says...

I would laugh as well but I have no points... yet.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

62 Reviews

Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:04 pm
View Likes

Soryy, @Steggy! :embarrassed:

Here is Mirgajan Gedoraws' point tally after Trial 1:

-Third to complete Trial: 200 points
-Completion of Trial: 50 points
-Word count to point tally: 250 points
Total awarded: 500 points

Mirgajan's netto point tally: 530 points

Congratulations! Mirgajan maintains her third place position in the point rankings. You may also go claim 2 SB credits in the SB Challenges Thread.
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:42 pm
View Likes

Here are some pics of the main creatures that can be encountered at the Pantheon... Obviously, you can use your imagination to make them a bit more unique.

The smaller creatures will mostly be winged creatures or tamed lions/tigers, etc... They act as pets or servants to these sentient races.

And no, you can't meet/ fight Ajani Goldmane in your post(s)... He is one of the first five Planewalkers to have existed, and is with the other four somewhere unknown to everyone (they are thus just legends now)
Attachments
Leo6.jpg
Another race at the Pantheon, the ancient Loxodon (they are both humanoid elephants and rhinos)
Leo6.jpg (8.3 KiB) Viewed 154 times
Leo3.jpg
An example of the Humans at the Pantheon...
Leo2.jpg
The most well-known of all Leonin, and the only Leonin Planewalker, Ajani Goldmane
Leo2.jpg (8.63 KiB) Viewed 154 times
Leo1.jpg
A male Leonin
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:46 pm
View Likes

Oh, there are also obviously ghosts, but I trust you don't require images of how ghosts would look ;-)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

293 Reviews

Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:01 am
BrumalHunter says...

My post for Aquanette is well underway, and I hope to submit it tomorrow.

10/16
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:03 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Uh, I've just now started reading posts and I hope to start writing soon and submit for both Zefen and Avali tomorrow :3 (Otherwise it's never getting finished xD)

Write fast, Hunter. Write fast.
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

62 Reviews

Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:29 am
View Likes
Poopsie says...

The word astralhunter contradicts the words "write fast"
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:40 am
LordZeus says...

Posted! I apologize for the length of the post, but I was struck by sudden inspiration.

62 Reviews

Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:07 am

No apology required... I don't mind lengthy posts ;-) I'll award your points a bit later...

Also, now that you mentioned supplies in your post- To those without supplies (neither mentioned in their profiles nor posts), you can go one more Trial without supplies before starvation and fatigue will set in. Those with supplies automatically start with moderate supplies, meaning they can go 3 Trials without buying supplies, the fourth being a Trial without any supplies.
The two undead characters (Zefen and Nachturn) have an advantage because of their undeadness ( :P ) 1 unit of supplies lasts them twice as long (meaning 1 Supply unit = 2 Trials)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:10 am
LordZeus says...

I mentioned that my character has a supply pack. So does that means he can go 3 more without needing any (since he has already dne this one) or 4? (Since you didn't specify whether it was 4 total or 4 more)

62 Reviews

Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:50 am
View Likes

Announcement!!

@AstralHunter, @CandyWizard, @SpiritedWolfe, @Poopsie, @15253, @Deskro, @Chaser, @Steggy
One week left for this Trial! Please submit your posts!!!
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

293 Reviews

Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:05 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Announcement

Hunger and thirst are basic needs for a reason, so our characters will have to eat and drink to maintain their strength. Failure to do so will have consequences, on which I shall elaborate later. First, I shall state how long each character's supplies will last.

Spoiler! :
Aquanette
♦ increased consumption requirements*
~ Moderate Supplies**
~ Light Knapsack***

Asphyxius
♦ normal consumption requirements*
~ no supplies**
~ no knapsack***

Avali
♦ increased consumption requirements
~ no supplies
~ no knapsack

Cactus Jack
~ no supplies
~ no knapsack

Darry
♦ normal consumption requirements
~ Moderate Supplies
~ Light Knapsack

Frost
~ no supplies
~ no knapsack

Lysander
~ Moderate Supplies
~ Light Knapsack

Manelau
~ no supplies
~ no knapsack

Mannaric
~ Small Supplies**
~ Light Knapsack

Mira
~ no supplies
~ no knapsack

Nacht
♦ undead resilience*
~ no supplies
~ no knapsack

Nef
~ no supplies
~ no knapsack

Revan
~ no supplies
~ no knapsack

Shade
~ Small Supplies
~ Light Knapsack

Sibylla
~ no supplies
~ no knapsack

Tryk
~ no supplies
~ no knapsack

Zefen
♦ undead resilience
~ no supplies
~ no knapsack

* = hunger/thirst increase rate
1. "normal consumption requirements" indicates that the concerned character will use one unit of supplies each Trial
2. "increased consumption requirements" indicates that the concerned character's supplies last one Trial less
3. "undead resilience" indicates that the concerned character's supplies last twice as long

** = supplies
1. Small Supplies last for one Trial
2. Moderate Supplies last for three Trials

*** = backpacks
1. The Light Knapsack is what everybody who brought their own supplies has.

There will undoubtedly be a few questions concerning this information, so I shall endeavour to answer them pre-emptively.

Why do some characters start with supplies, but mine doesn't?
These characters' creators explicitly mentioned in the character profiles that they would be taking supplies into the Maze.

Why do some characters start with a knapsack, but mine doesn't?
If your character had brought along supplies, they'd have kept it in some form of a bag - we default all pouches, satchels, etc. to the Light Knapsack.

Why do some characters start with more supplies than others?
The value of the supplies depends on the description the character's creator gave in the concerned character profile. The Light Knapsack can hold both the Small Supplies and the Moderate Supplies, so all characters who brought along supplies have the same knapsack. However, everyone will have to buy a Large Knapsack if they want to carry Ample Supplies.

Why do some characters consume supplies at half the rate of others?
The undead should technically not require sustenance at all, so their supplies take the form of an energy source (like a Soul Gem). Not only do their supplies last twice as long, but they can also go twice as long without using supplies. However, being undead has the drawback of scaring the temporary followers, which means they need to spend 50 more points to enlist their service.

Why does my character have to consume more supplies than other characters?
Larger beings such as centaurs, minotaurs, ents, etc. will naturally require more supplies to sustain themselves. For example, Moderate Supplies will last them only two Trials, instead of three, while Small Supplies will provide insuffient sustenance. However, they have the benefit of making temporary followers feel safer, thereby causing them to stay with them for three Trials instead of just two.

What happens when my character doesn't use any supplies?
For the first Trial, the characters don't have to use any supplies, because we assume they will have eaten beforehand. From the second Trial onwards, however, the characters will have to consume one unit of supplies during each Trial; if the characters don't have supplies going into a Trial, they need to find and consume them before they finish the Trial. Failure to do so will result in a penalty.

What is the penalty for not consuming supplies?
If a character completes a Trial without consuming supplies (excepting the first Trial), they will accrue a penalty of 10x points for each Trial they go without consuming supplies. For example, if an elf or centaur does not consume supplies for one Trial, they lose 10 points, but if they don't consume supplies during the next Trial either, they lose 20 more points, and so on. The undead also lose points for each Trial they neglect to consume supplies, but the increment increases every two consecutive Trials, not one.

How does my character find supplies?
If you have spent the required amount of points and your character has a large enough knapsack to contain the quantity bought, they can find the supplies in any way you like. The same goes for any items or followers bought from the Merchant - buffs also function in the same way, except they are acquired.

What happens when my character has no points left?
Nothing; just ensure your character's point bank doesn't drop into the negative. If your character's point bank ever drops below zero after Trial Four has concluded, they will invariably die.

@TheClockworkConjurer, @AstralHunter, @SpiritedWolfe, @15253, @Poopsie, @LordZeus, @Steggy, @Chaser, @Deskro, @CandyWizard.

PS: The link to the Merchant's Emporium, as well as other important information, can be found on the first page of the DT.
— Paul the Apostle

I would be a terrible novel protagonist.
— mellifera