z

Young Writers Society

The King's Quest DT

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:11 pm
bandgeek101 says...

KeiPie, sorry but is it okay if I stay an elf because that doesn't quite fit with my character biography.
Courage is resistance to fear
Mastery of Fear
Not absence of Fear
-Mark Twain

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:23 pm
View Likes
Dakushau says...

May have 2 characters?
One will be a male ghost sprite the other will be a male human with a dragon. If you don't mind though can I have the human character be a lizard man instead? I still want him to have the dragon.
I'll have the profiles up by later tonight or tomorrow morning.
Last edited by Dakushau on Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
<YWS><R1>
“The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision.”
–Helen Keller

Check out Daily Sentences for new, short, and creative sentences; every day.

The Storybook Revolution; Let's make a story.

~Dakushau

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:31 pm
View Likes
Craz says...

Name: Doe

Age (between 16-30 for humans, 250-500 for elves, 50-70 for dwarves, and sprites can be any age): 17-ish

Elf, human, dwarf or sprite (if sprite please specify which one): halfling

Appearance (a picture is welcome but also describe in words):
Spoiler! :

She has shoulder length, very vibrant red hair that is half way between curly and just being messy. She has bright curious green eyes that dominate her face, and her skin is clear and very pale. She's short and slim, and thoroughly ignored by the elves because she is half human. She shares almost no physical traits with the elves, and most people doubt that she is even related to them.
Her eyes reflect light like a cat's either when there is direct light or when its dark, and she walks with a bouncy grace. She has surprisingly good vision in the dark. She has a silvery scar that runs almost horizontal on her back, and she has no idea where it came from.

Personality: Flamboyance runs high in Doe. She'll do her own things on a whim, and rarely speaks with an exclamation mark. She speaks frankly and simply, and doesn't believe in lying. She has a huge imagination, and would go completely silent and still when she is thinking of something. Most people think of her as odd, and a few had even called her slow, although she is actually very smart. She doesn't flinch when someone insults her, and likes to keep secrets. She keeps her quiver and bow strapped to her back and shoots off of Ares' back, and she is very weak when it comes to hand-on-hand combat. She never gets angry or annoyed when people insult her, and rarely had she gotten mad over someone else's expense. She loves to ride fast and hard on Are's back, and she is best fighting at night.

History (optional): Doe doesn't know her birthday, or her parents. She was raised by multiple people, ranging from humans, elves, and sprites, but mostly wandered on her own until she found Ares when she was very young. Ares was about Doe's age in dragon years then, and they lived together ever since. She has no idea where her scar came from, but time to time she would have violent flashes of memory only to forget it moments later. She was good friends with the princess for a short period of time.

Dragon: yes/no Yes. Her name is Ares, and she has scales that reflect a range from misty gray to a dark cloud, depending on the angle. She is extremely fast and loyal to Doe, and likes to stick her nose into things. She is small-ish for a dragon, but big enough to support Doe easily, with room to spare for one more. She is very smooth skinned and is very low to the ground.

Other: She is up for love, but it would probably be very slow going. Doe isn't very good with mushy stuff, but would be loyal if the right guy comes along that could put up with her.
Last edited by Craz on Sat May 11, 2013 12:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

Random avatar

Reviews: 28
Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:47 am
View Likes
Hopkin says...

I would like to be in! this is my first! I'll be a male, it's not too late is it?!

Random avatar

Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:56 am
View Likes
Hopkin says...

Name: Roukin Luric

Age (between 16-30 for humans, 250-500 for elves, 50-70 for dwarves, and sprites can be any age): 290: about 19-20 looking

Elf, human, dwarf or sprite (if sprite please specify which one):Elf

Appearance (a picture is welcome but also describe in words):
he has long blonde hair, but keeps it in a braid when in battle, is tall and lanky, fair skinned a little pale, always has a weapon on him, wears black boots, and a light blue tunic. and has a satchal with random things in it. such as medicine, food, ect.

Personality: Polite intelegent, nice, one of the biggest things he is respectful. Always tries to have a good first impression, he hates bullies, even though he can be one to humans, he's very kind and respectful to girls, (Only girls that he thinks deserve respecting.) good listener, very loyal, never lies. once friends with someone he's the very best. loyal and faithful like.

History (optional):he has a brother, his mother very elegant, and dislikes humans. He tells everyone that he has always known the king, they're personal friends, but that's the only friend of humans he will ever have, his dislike in humans is their sins, lust for things. although he can change and start to like them more.

Dragon: yes/no no, he dislikes them, a white horse will do. his white horse will only do.

Other: he feels that he should be respected, knows he's really smart, wants to see how beautful the princess is, because he thinks humans are ugly things. but he's also layol to the king. He is up for love he looks for the purest or the most intelegent, and someone that can handle his haughtiness at times. (he doesn't know how he can be at all)
Last edited by Hopkin on Fri May 10, 2013 2:00 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Random avatar

Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:57 am
Hopkin says...

how do we keep up with each others names and personalities?
just a question never done this before/

Random avatar

Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:59 am
Hopkin says...

hey when do we start? and who starts it? okay done asking questions ;) for now~

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:06 am
Skydreamer says...

Well, we can study each other, I try to read at least the history/personality of each character, also, I would redirect you to the DT: viewtopic.php?f=200&t=97667 you can ask questions here and discuss plots and stuff. :)
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:00 pm
KeiPie says...

@Hopkin please place your questions in the DT like thewritersdream said thanks! Also, I'm out of human slots so could your character be a pure elf?? The characteristics seem to fit with an elf better than a human anyhow.

@crazycraz and bandgeek101, your characters both sound very interesting but they don't fit with what an elf is like. Elves are quiet and tall and use bows (you guys can re-read the description). I'll give you two options, either just slightly edit your characters (make them taller, a little calmer etc.) or I can open up a new breed of halflings (half human half elf). They will be looked down upon by both humans and elves and will have to prove that they are just as strong and witty as the purebreds. They will be kind of the underdogs of the company. I would also need you guys to decide on a specific weapon for them to use, some strengths ans weaknesses, etc. I don't mean to be hard but I really need the elves to be strong and true to their character. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

@ Dakushau yes you may have two characters and a sprite would be great since we don't have many, but I have no more human slots open.
“The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.”
― Mark Twain

“You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.”
― Ray Bradbury

5 Reviews

Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:05 pm
KeiPie says...

I'm posting Hopkin's questions here:

Q. how do we keep up with each others names and personalities?
A. Read about them now and the posts should be able to somewhat remind you what they're like. You'll get to know them over the course of the story.

Q. hey when do we start? and who starts it?
A. We will start as soon as the people who said they were going to post profiles do, and also we need some more sprites... if anyone want's another character :) And I will start it.
“The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.”
― Mark Twain

― Ray Bradbury

5 Reviews

Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:06 pm
View Likes
KeiPie says...

In response to Griffinkeeper's question,

Of the company, only sprites have magic. The rest of the company will not be able to use any magic at all. The Azaks have a form of dark magic that they use to defend their castle and to tempt the company. There will be more information along the way.
― Mark Twain

― Ray Bradbury

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:07 pm
Dakushau says...

Okay. Could I have him be a lizard man? Ik it's not one of the species listed but I figure he could originate from another land or something. If not i'll try to make him one of the species you have. Also can he still have a dragon?
<YWS><R1>
“The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision.”
–Helen Keller

Check out Daily Sentences for new, short, and creative sentences; every day.

The Storybook Revolution; Let's make a story.

~Dakushau

Random avatar

Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:23 pm
Hopkin says...

Yeah! Sorry about the questions, still getting used to this, And I really wouldn't mind him being Whole elf! that's great for me! He has a cool looking knife, and a awesome smooth looking bow, and arrows, but he mostly uses the bow and arrows, finds humans completely barbaric, and stupid, he's sometimes cocky, Haughty.
His weakness: he doesn't like big animals, Dragons, scary monsters, ect~ he finds them disgusting, savage, mostly because he can't kill them easily, but is too proud to let anyone know. will NEVER run from any fight, unless by himself, but than again he likes the challange! There you go, sorry, I was affraid I wouldn't enter the other thing fast enough, hope this helps! I'm getting better, and this story sounds awesome!! can't wait.

Random avatar

Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:31 pm
Hopkin says...

Okay, so one question, how do we know when to start? when all the slots are full?

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:23 pm
Craz says...

Sorry to ask this keipie, but would it be okay to make the elf/human species..? I don't think I'll be able to keep my character without changing most of her profile, and it would be more interesting to have some underdogs in the group.
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

A diamond is merely a lump of coal that did well under pressure.
— Unknown