z

Young Writers Society

♔Victorian Dives♔ OOC

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:01 am
View Likes
blueca says...

LadyMysterio wrote:The first thing Vlakta thinks is "how quickly could i kill everyone in this room?"
XDD

i was about to comment on that, real friendly gal, huh?
i can't beleive it's not gender!
artim/artos/artims/arself
my name is the same as my user, or you can call me jan Laso!

romance makes me uncomfortable, please don't.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:12 am
View Likes
AceassinOfTheMoon says...

*blows dust off Deserae's playlist* it's been a while since I dug this up but hey here we are
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/602iABSbzsBsNcJMgyZNtX?si=_94-eU-7SKiMZRKhHBiVEw
this is Ace erasure and I won't stand for it— silv

I haven't really said anything about ace but that's cause I'm usually speechless with how awesome ace is— Harry

Ace, you’re aggressively loved. Accept or perish.— Wist

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:28 am
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

Drama on the first day, neato!
*boop*

Random avatar

Reviews: 112
Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:30 am
View Likes
SpunkyMonkey says...

XD
<3 i lub you wonderful hooman <3

Random avatar

Reviews: 112
Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:39 am
View Likes
SpunkyMonkey says...

Can we hold our convo on a pause? I’m going to bed XD @ChesTacos @AshlynPhoenix
<3 i lub you wonderful hooman <3

34 Reviews

34 Reviews

Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:47 am
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

Sorry @SpunkyKitty I just had to add in one more thing for tibby
*boop*

34 Reviews

Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:26 am
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

@AshlynPhoenix lets pause for now to let @SpunkyKitty catch up lol
*boop*

Random avatar

Reviews: 67
Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:30 am
View Likes
deleted32 says...

@SpunkyKitty, @ChesTacos, I'm going to bed right now anyway <33
That aside, yeah, fun times 'tween the Tibby and the Ashton XD.
She who calls the stars to shine

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:07 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

There were so many posts this morning. O.O

I don't want to ruin the fun of this roleplay, but, in the future, would it be possible to hold off on some of the posts if not everyone has posted in a bit? I wasn't able to get a reply in with Alice because everything moved so fast, and I also had to read 60 posts first thing this morning so I didn't fall behind. I'm definitely cool with back-and-forth posts, but it was pretty overwhelming. ^^"

I'm sorry to bring this up! I was debating not saying anything, but I thought it would be better to say it now at the very start of the roleplay instead of later on.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:32 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

^^^ What @Magebird said. With this many people, it might be a good idea to have a turn order.
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:41 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I completely forgot to mention it when I first woke up and replied here this morning, but High Point University had a similar post problem earlier and came up with a solution that might work here! It would probably be easier to just slow things down with a posting order, but in HPU we've done back-and-forth roleplaying on WFP/Riseup and just copied the entire interaction over to the actual roleplay.

I'd share one of the posts from there here, but HPU is 16+. But I can do an example with the last page of this roleplay, so here it is!

Tibby sighed "hey Ashton" he said.

xXx

''I'm listening.'' he responded, forcing himself to smile. Internally though, he was keeping sharp track of every movement Tibby made.

xXx

Tibby sighed "I'm sorry about that, I've just had a tough few weeks and I...I guess the anger just built up, I'm really sorry if I came off as rude or emotional. I promise I didn't mean to be rude." He offered a slight smile "I'm not asking for forgiviness, I just wanted to get that off my chest."

xXx

''That's uhhh... cool yeah. Cool'' He murmured quietly.

One person - in this case, it would probably be ChesTacos who would have posted it, since his character had their part of the post first - would post the entire exchange with the little breaks to mark switches in writers and characters.

It keeps the back-and-forth conversations in one place, which makes it easier to read - and easier to skip, if someone's character isn't involved at all and if that someone doesn't need to read the post in that much detail.

But having a posting order is definitely easier and more fun. >>
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:41 pm
View Likes
EsmerayaRose says...

May i join?
I promise this type of pain only gets worse
~Esmeraya~

she/they

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:57 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

Agreed with @Magebird.
Also seconding their suggestion, sort of. Writing posts together in a WFP is fun, and pretty useful IMO. It lets you keep everyone’s voices right while also chatting on the side and figuring out deeper parts of the dynamic and coming up with interactions several sequels into the future and it’s THE BEST THING. I also honestly believe collaboration like that leads to stronger RPs that last longer, simply by virtue of interweaving threads that include people in various ways and inevitably lead to some sort of plot progression out of that.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:05 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

@Magebird @Grandwild I'd make an order list if I thought I could get everyone on ths list without missing someone, because I'm about 90% sure I've actually missed someone in the list on page one of the OOC, so it could just go to the WFP and put @ Their Name at the top of the pad and the name they prefer to go by, that'd be great.

Also, given the sheer size of this RP and the fact that I have never had to moderate an RP this large I had no idea this many people would join but I have no regrets I would appreciate some help. If you would like to be an Assistant Moderator to help try and reign in the chaos, please fill out the following form and PM it to me. I will only accept a maximum of two people. Rules will be provided to the people that are accepted and then edited into the first post of the OOC.

Moderator Form:
Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
Username: @
Preferred Name:
Preferred Pronouns:
Someone is godmodding in the RP even though several people have politely asked them to stop. What do you do? :
Another moderator has made an error in dealing with a situation. What do you do? :
Have you had any experience as a moderator for other RPs, on Discord, or other websites? How long (roughly) were you a moderator? :
Why do you want to become a moderator? :

@BrokenHeartsAri Yes you may, but please take note that it cannot be a teacher. Post your character in the OOC as opposed to the RP.
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and the shadows will fall beyond you.
— Walt Whitman