z

Young Writers Society

Genii - Land of the Gods DT

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:44 am
micamouth says...

Yep, welcome! When you submit your character form, if you could PM me to let me know, that would be great ^^
formerly Sagitta

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:59 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

...I... I...

...I really want to join this. I really, really, really want to join this.
Ok so, before I take any decisions, allow me to ask some questions - just to make sure I understand everything:

...Wait, no no no, something before the questions:

@Sagitta, This is awesome. I don't know if this is something you've been workin' on for a while, or if you're trying to gather some data so that you can actually turn this into a story, but although it isn't the first time I witness such a concept, I feel like this can go well - and that's because the initial concept sounds really, really great to me.
Bravo.

Now, while you enjoy these well-deserved compliments, allow me to move to the questions :D

-So... We've got a world and races to choose from. Are we free as long as we respect that? I know you said "go crazy" - and I realize that we still have to follow rules to make sure everything makes sense - but I just want to make SURE to what extent I can go crazy.
Because I'm a pretty darn crazy person.

- D'you already know which direction this story's gonna take, or do you intend to come with said direcitons as we go? Both cases are fine: once again I just want to make sure of how free we are depending on what you have in mind.
I tend to go with the flow, though having a master plan once in a while is always welcome.

And I think that's it. Another warning I'd like to give is that I'll try my best to be active if I do decide to join this - weither Life allows me to be active enough for this or not is actually the only thing that prevents me from creating a character template right now - so, yeah. Sorry in advance if I end up being late for anything.
I hope I'm not being intimidating in any way, 'cause as I said, this sounds awesome, and I hope you'll manage this SB just fine.

Peace to all of you! See ya!

Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

30 Reviews

Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:20 pm
micamouth says...

Tortwag wrote:-So... We've got a world and races to choose from. Are we free as long as we respect that? I know you said "go crazy" - and I realize that we still ahve to follow rules to make sure everything makes sense - but I just want to make SURE to what extent I can go crazy.

Yep - be as crazy as you like as long as you respect the rules and stick true to your character(s). Also, try to avoid making the various races into something they're not. I've had trouble with that before and it was incredibly frustrating, but I'm sure you won't :P

Tortwag wrote:- D'you already know which direction this story's gonna take, or do you intend to come with said direcitons as we go? Both cases are fine, once again I just want to make sure of how free we are depending on what you have in mind.
I tend to go with the flow, though having a master plan once in a while is always welcome.

I have honestly no idea where this plot will go xD it all depends on that first post and the characters.
formerly Sagitta

40 Reviews

Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:59 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Sagitta I should be fine then.
Also, those typos I made were corrected. Was in a hurry when typing. Hopefully I won't have much of these when actually posting.

Oh. Ok then XD Well, it's fine! As I said, I tend to go with the flow of things too - even when I actually have a plan - soooooo, we'll see how this goes.

Thanks for the answer! I still need to make sure I can actually be active, but I'll start working on a character template, if you don't mind another member for this SB.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

30 Reviews

Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:38 pm
micamouth says...

No, no, another member would be fabulous! Also, the typos were fine, and a few won't hurt anyone. I don't imagine you're in the habit of misspelling things often.
formerly Sagitta

40 Reviews

Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:11 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

Finally made up my mind: yup, I'm joining this.
'Kay! I'll keep that in mind.

I shall create that CHaracter Template as soon as I can. Oh and good luck for the Review Day!

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:31 am
fukase says...

I am on my phone guys... for another two more days. I'm travelling now. So I may not start or be here for that duration. Go on. Start without me. And...

@Tortwag

Happy to have you. I am excited to read your character's biography. Happy SBooking and Review Day!
I love Koku.
He is damn cute and should be the main character
and not some lazy old man that supposedly genius but a sucker in his own life.
Koku is Koku.
Koku is CUTE.
~ B-The Beginning (A Netflix Anime.)

30 Reviews

Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:35 am
micamouth says...

2 days? That's fine! We can hold out for you if you like. It depends on what everyone else wants to do -pokes- what do you people think we should do?

Also, this is my first time being both in and running an SB. Please forgive me for any mistakes >.<
formerly Sagitta

40 Reviews

Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:34 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@NicolMemo Thankies! Enjoy your travel, and be sure to get inspired by it :D

@Sagitta Dunno about the others, but let's just say that I have a plan that was hatched along with the character template I'm currently writing. Should I talk about here so that you may judge if we can use it as a first little guideline - without spoiling everything of course - or just go with it as I write and expect people to create their own side plots as we go?
That aside, from what I've seen in SBs so far, the SB owner is usually the person who posts first, so I was kinda waiting for that to happen.

But since the waiting game thingy can take days and weeks, I suggest that someone attempts a first post to try and give a direction for people. We're all starting at in New York and around midnight, apparently, so something should be happened that affects us all.

*stares*

↑ that was a polite way to say that I wanna post first but want to finish my CT before doin' that, lol.

Oh, well, we all gotta start somewhere, right? Hopefully this SB will go well :)

Oh, um, question: we're going to travel, right? We're not necessarily stuck in New York or Norht America for the entire SB, are we?

30 Reviews

Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:48 am
micamouth says...

We are most certainly not stuck in NY for the entire SB! There will be travelling to different countries, continents, and entire worlds altogether ;)

If you want to post first, do so! I honestly don't mind, but I'm glad you asked. Ask and ye shall (hopefully) receive, after all. And you can discuss your plans here if you like. I think it would be best we all knew the general outline of your plans, plus, I'm intrigued o.o
formerly Sagitta

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:10 pm
SpiritedWolfe says...

For us nether land-y characters (which so far only looks to be me >.> but I still love him) are we still stuck there? I mean the thingy is open, I think, but is it for everyone? How does one get out?

(Welcome Tort ^^)

Also, I have been stalking because I'm technically still not supposed to be here until next week, but if you guys start before then, I can still probably write something and post when I come back.
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

30 Reviews

Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:49 pm
micamouth says...

A dalkhu can be released from the nether world by a god or powerful genii. You can choose whether you have already been released.

That's fine, glad to have another member of the team!
formerly Sagitta

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:58 pm
Craz says...

So, we've realized that we haven't said anything about our character's conflicts yet. Our bad. xD

Here's the synopsis between Wolfe and I:

Amon (my character) is good friends with Trent's (Wolfe's character's) deity, and visits her on occasion. And, of course, Trent and Amon... distrust each other, for lack of a better phrasing, for their own reasons. For instance, since Trent came from a struggling family, he thinks that it is Amon's fault that his family could not climb out of their poverty. And, since Trent managed to climb to fortune through deceit, Amon does not like him. And it doesn't end there.

Amy, Trent's one love, had become a genii as well, but Trent never found out to which god. And, when Amon goes to visit Trent's deity, it just so happens that Amy is in tow, shadowing him. Hence the beginning of a long, unreasonable hatred between Trent and Amon. By the way, this would happen during the SB. It hasn't happened yet.

Amy in her living years did not know of Trent's womanizing background, and upon finding out about this (from the help of Amon, of course), Amy starts to think that she was just one of his flings, and therefore she died for no reason.

The synopsis of my character that I did a crappy job with in my profile:

Basically, Amon is starting to hate his job. He's resisting it, and by resisting I mean he's refusing to visit the poor he usually visits, and instead he is going to the rich i.e. big corporations with dirt under their shoes. This upsets the me, and thus begins his painful descent into a demon. All the while, his head genii, Sorra, is struggling to upkeep his deity status. All of this takes place over the course of the SB.
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

40 Reviews

Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:13 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

(Hi Wolfe :D And thankies)

Neat! It's always nice to hear that we can visit numerous parts of Earth just as much as other worlds.

You're welcome! (that hopefully is spot on, lol)
Ooooooookay then. Let's enspoiler it - because space is important. It's a bit long, so hopefully you'll all be interested by its content.

Spoiler! :
So. Here's the plan I got so far, divived in a few elements.

1. First and foremost, it all begins with something called the Heaven's Parade. It's basically a feast that's organized in An to celebrate the deities in duty, remind people of their presence and also to accept new Aspiring Deities in their ranks - if they are deemed worthy. The reason why I believe starting with this event is important is because the deities essentially use it as an excuse to recruit more people so that they'll be a match to the rebellion that they KNOW is currently happening in the Netherworld.

2. Now, what's unique about this thing is that although it mostly happens in An, Deities might want to make a point by inviting Geniis, Humans that had contact with supernatural beings and even - if they behaved well enough- Benevolant Dalkhus. That's also a facade - make sure to show that gods are nice and charming and that the evil rebellion is what you should be afraid of or fighting against.
^ having the Geniis, humans and dalkhus is optional. It's just how I personally think Deities would do it - and it's also a very good way for all of our characters to bump into each other, because they might all get invited into the parade.
But if this doesn't fit with the actual way your world works, @Sagitta, do tell me, and I'll come up with somethin' else. I'm not managing this SB here: you are. I'm just providing some suggestions ;)

3. The point of this "2." bit of my plan is that even if other races aren't invited, the Heaven's Parade brings a LOT of attention - to those who can see it - which means that a lot of roaming Geniis will become more active. That'll be a good way to have some of our characters wonder what the heck is going on, or why do they suddenly see a lot of weird things around them, etc.

4. Since the SB mentions a rebellion, well, one of the activities said rebellion may have would be trying to strike the human world first - because a lot of human beings aren't aware of everything that's goin' on outside of Earth, and also because it's much safer to attack them first than a group of freakin' gods - to see how the Deities will react, and also to forcefully recruit people. Or manipulate them into joining their ranks.

5. Now, I realize that actual Dalkhus can't exactly leave the Netherworld, as they're pretty much stuck there, according to the SB's first page. So one way they could reach Earth would be by trying to pass via some ancient portals or pathways they used to have when some of them were deities. Which, as you may have guessed, would be a perfect opportunity to travel in various places of the world and use the mysteries our good old Earth has in store specifically for the story's plot points.
And the first example that came to my mind was the Nazca Lines. They were apparently drawn for a lot or purposes, a plausible one being that these lines accompanied religious rituals so that the people living there may enjoy some water, which they rarely had.
Point being, if we're having former gods take part of a rebellion that can't actually move around, sending a few scouts trying to get back to Earth and open the gates for the rest of the army would be a logical choice. And using symbols they used a long time ago would be a solution for that.

If this is approved, then rest assured, people: we're not using all the lines. There are about 40 of those, so it'll even be more insteresting to have our characters guess which ones are the portals and which ones are not - with up to 8 of them being actual gateways.

6. Therefore, our first "arc" so to speak would be to have our characters either prevent former-deity-Dalkhus from entering Earth and then find a way to spread into the heavens - because CHAOS UNFOLDS if they do - or banish/defeat those who actually manage to enter our planet.

Aaaaaaand there you go. Thoughts? Feedback? Complains? I'm all ears!

As for my actual character, well, she's mostly trying to become a Deity for most of the SB. Or at least that's the plan.

@Craz Oh gosh. That's pretty cool. And it sounds like a conflict that's not gonna end any time soon :O

Also, I just finished my character template, but I realized that the image I wanted didn't have the color schemes I wanted, so I went straight to paint to fix that. Lemme finish wshin' the dishes and I'll take care of that.

30 Reviews

Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:13 pm
micamouth says...

@Craz

Aha, conflict! Conflict's always nice. I have a feeling Myza will dislike and distrust Trent too, now you mention him lying his way into things and the fact that he had a womanising background. Perhaps Amon and Myza worked together at some point long ago.

@Tortwag

All of it. All. Of. It.
Your ideas are really nice! Especially the idea about the Nazca Lines. Other places I can think of are Stonehenge (perhaps only the older deities and genii can use that?) and ley lines.
formerly Sagitta

Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
— Charles Mingus