~
Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel,
Kyrie Eleison through darkness of the night

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:23 pm
KeiPie says...

Yeah, sure.
“The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.”
― Mark Twain

“You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.”
― Ray Bradbury

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:44 pm
KatKage says...

Thank you! XD
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~
Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel,
Kyrie Eleison through darkness of the night

Random avatar

Reviews: 28
Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:02 am
View Likes
Hopkin says...

Yeah just please you guys, don't use the F-bom or any other stupid words. that's all, because I was expacting no cussing in the first place. so thanks ;)

5 Reviews

Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:52 pm
View Likes
KeiPie says...

Actually after thinking about this further, I've decided to not allow swearing at all since that was in my original rules. Don't change your past posts but in the future just refrain from using swear words even the not-so-bad ones. Thank you!
“The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.”
― Mark Twain

― Ray Bradbury

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Wed May 01, 2013 5:05 am
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

Swearing really isn't needed. Swearing is only really good for giving a sentence shock value, but that shock value is subject to the law of diminishing returns.

And why bother with that when you can leave swearing to the imagination of the reader?

Marlon cursed as he saw that he was surrounded by guards.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

5 Reviews

Wed May 01, 2013 1:26 pm
KeiPie says...

agreed :)
― Mark Twain

― Ray Bradbury

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Sun May 05, 2013 6:04 pm
Skydreamer says...

So, Griffin, I actually just sent one in with a conversation! If you don't like it or something, you can tell me and I'll change the 'it' or 'something', but I didn't make it too long or full or anything. I actually revised what I originally wrote because you said he was pessimistic, *is a little worried about it*
Anyways, also, when you did your characterization you kind of didn't say any description of your character's looks, if you have something in mind now you could tell me and I could incorporate it, that would be cool, but if not, that's fine too.

Also, Kei, I wonder, do we still have the original page where we put the characterizations? Because I think I need to take a look at it! I don't remember everything and it would just be helpful for everyone I think to have something to go back to.
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sun May 05, 2013 7:26 pm
View Likes
Dakushau says...

@thewritersdream: The characterizations are here in the DT. Between pages 1-6 I believe.
<YWS><R1>
“The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision.”
–Helen Keller

Check out Daily Sentences for new, short, and creative sentences; every day.

The Storybook Revolution; Let's make a story.

~Dakushau

863 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 06, 2013 12:54 am
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

@thewritersdream: You did very well. Marlon won't admit to any of his activities, but you'll notice in my most recent post that he did give a veiled explanation. This is a favorite mode of confession.

When I created Marlon, I wanted to create a character with the ability to blend into just about any crowd. Hence his entire appearance is unremarkable and average. Brown hair, brown eyes, average height and build. His choice of clothing is designed to avoid notice.

@all: I hope I didn't stomp on any toes with my last post. The group needed a leader and none of the other characters stepped up. I particularly hope that Doe doesn't mind being the new quartermaster, especially since that position is one of the most powerful.

11 Reviews

Mon May 06, 2013 1:02 am
Dakushau says...

@Griffinkeeper: I'm fine with you being leader. Also I plan to have my ghost-sprite Aureo be the or one of the look-outs. Idk what role Ayleth or Ahkrin would have.
<YWS><R1>
“The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision.”
–Helen Keller

~Dakushau

159 Reviews

Mon May 06, 2013 5:15 am
Skydreamer says...

Thanks @Dakushau! I guess I should have wondered how our DT had so many pages...

159 Reviews

Mon May 06, 2013 5:31 am
Skydreamer says...

@Griffin So, you taking the role of leader is cool, and actually I personally think your character can do it. But, I don't think my character would call Doe clueless. Maybe she would have said "Why Doe for Quatermaster?" or something, but she wouldn't call her clueless. :P

She's only worried because she wants to see them defeat the Azaks, but if she knows their strengths she'll be happy. :)

863 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 06, 2013 8:13 am
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

I changed the last post to better suit Imara.

I had some ideas that I wanted to run by you all.

The first had to do with the Azaks. I know that they're supposed to be all dark and evil, but I think that this a bit cliche. Instead of this, why not make the Azaks more like Isurdru? This would make it a little easier for the crew to fit in when they cross into Azak country, and would suggest that there is a fair amount of propaganda being floated around on both sides of the border.

The second is about questing in general. A lot of the storybooks I've been in have been about moving from one fight to the next. It's almost as if the writers would run out of ideas and the only thing left was a battle scene. I was thinking that, rather than having every other post be a battle, that there could be other things. Some ideas include:

• Fording streams
  • Climbing cliffs/trees
  • Hunting or scrounging for food.
  • Setting up camp for the evening
  • Sneaking around guards or civilians.
  • Discovering natural features, such as waterfalls or steams.
  • Keeping watch during the night.
  • Making arrows/sharpening weapons.
  • Collecting firewood, starting a fire.
  • Shopping in a town, picking up supplies and provisions.
  • Getting shelter from rain, storms, and other fierce weather.
  • Making dinner

Marlon's main goal isn't to defeat the Azaks, but to rescue the princess. He knows that many of his companions have strong feelings about the Azaks. Marlon has spent time among them and has even set up contacts there. He won't be as eager to kill them and he'll do what he can to discourage the rest of the group from going out and collecting their pound of flesh. He wants the group to focus on speed and stealth, and less on fighting everything.

Marlon is a very active leader as you'll see. The way he works is that he tries to keep his people busy at all times. When they're not moving or working, he'll get them to train one another. If you don't know what your character should be doing, have him ask Marlon for something and Marlon will give him something.

Marlon will probably be looking for a lieutenant to take charge when he needs to take a nap. Imara would seem to be the best choice, since he knows her and trusts her. Is there someone better qualified?

11 Reviews

Mon May 06, 2013 3:08 pm
Dakushau says...

@Griffinkeeper: I like these idea's. Ahkrin, the dragon character I have, might be harder to blend in with the Azaks. Of course he could act like a wild dragon when needed. Which technically he is.
<YWS><R1>
–Helen Keller

~Dakushau

In the winter months, gale storms in Svalbard can reach wind speeds of 130 km/h. Accompanied by or following snowfall, such storms can reduce visibility dramatically, more so in the winter months of the polar night. During these storms, travel is not advised.
— The Documentarian