z

Young Writers Society

Battle School DT

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:06 am
jimss23 says...

I am going to go ahead and do a lore post. This one will involve the attempted assassination of Devon as well as the rising tensions between House Jace and House Marr. If anyone needs me to change anything or wants to suggest other places or directions as to where to take the behind the scenes lore, then let me know!

Also, let me know about how you feel about how frequent/infrequently I should do these. I know we've just started, but I'm not very good at not doing anything, and I write almost every day so I just need to know how much is too much.

Thanks!

Jimmy
This is the Rule of Three
Every writer's most sacred oath
Two boys to challenge each other
One girl to challenge them both

-Jim

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:20 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

Well that escalated quickly. They're right about the spy thing, but gosh, they sure are aggressive in there.

Post spoilers:

Spoiler! :
@jimss23 for now I don't have much to suggest, personally, I'm surprised that Lady Marr's reaction to an unplanned assassination is to just go with it eventually. Can our actions change her mind, or not at all?

Nothing too much or too overwhelming for now, so, nothing to say there either.

EDIT: Posted at last!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:30 pm
View Likes
Terian805 says...

My post is 80% finished! I'll probably post tomorrow.
"You can't live over your shoulder, overbehind."

52 Reviews

Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:49 pm
jimss23 says...

@Tortwag

Yes, your actions can and will change the course of the story. The actions of the characters will have an impact on the actions taken by political leaders.

@Terian805

Great! Looking forward to reading it.

-Jim

40 Reviews

Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:04 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@jimss23 Good to know. Would seriously be a shame to go on such a drastic endeavor so soon 'cause one queen's impatient.
Not that it's a good joke, but she should read what happened to Germany both time they did that XD

@Terian805 Aaaah, we're gonna have some Esedra action? Hyped! *she seems cool :3*
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:59 am
Basil says...

I'll post for Dimitri after @Terian805 ^^
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

52 Reviews

Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:01 am
jimss23 says...

I will post for Sullivan tomorrow. Let me know if you are going to bump him or if I should just write normally.

@Basil

-Jim

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:46 am
Basil says...

I probably will bump him, and I'll try get something up really soon
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

40 Reviews

Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:47 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

I'll bump him eventually~ in the meantime, just go ahead and write for him tomorrow :3

40 Reviews

Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:27 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

Double-posting for justified attention-seeking purposes here:

I've been hesitating on making that second character I mentioned in the first few pages in this DT, but is it too late to get a rapid CT this weekend - either today or tomorrow and make an equally introduction post of him rushing towards Battle School? There are a few gimmicks I wanna experiment with here, sorry if this is kind of sudden.

EDIT: CT submitted! And... huh. Took shorter amount of time than expected.

52 Reviews

Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:23 pm
jimss23 says...

CT approved. Be careful with having an OC be proficient in too many elements right off the bat. Weak points are key.

-Jim

40 Reviews

Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:01 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@jimss23 well, as far as I understand, the area of study section doesn't imply that a character masters the areas he's studying, else he wouldn't be studying 'em. It's also the beginning of the SB. We'll get to show each other's strengths and weaknesses when the tests begin.

That aside, no worries. I mean no, keep an eye on that stuff if anything goes South, but I mean - This one I know by heart, and am indeed always in danger of god-modding whenever I experiment with certain gimmicks. I'll never be able to master my own comfort zone if I don't keep trying, though.

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:02 pm
Terian805 says...

Posted! I apologise for the length but I hope it's enjoyable!
"You can't live over your shoulder, overbehind."

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:20 pm
LordZeus says...

Great posts guys! :D

@jimss23 just wanted to say, though I know your post doesn't necessarily mean that, the North doesn't want war either. Devon's task is more of a precaution. Though I can understand why the South would see it that way. Just thought I should tell you that.

40 Reviews

Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:24 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Terian805 Just throwing it out there: unless our DM Jimmy throws in a word limit, you shouldn't worry about word-length provided your post is enjoyable to read and contain everything you need to be happy with said post.
I'm a lengthy writer myself, so yeah, I can relate!

*Actually reads*

...A): you've established the relationship of two side characters right from the get go.

B): you've established a contrast between your main character's previous way of life as opposed to what awaits her - even throwing in some political tensions between the side she belongs to to another.

C): A FREAKIN' DRAGON.

D): POESIE.

E): You've introduced a little something of Esedra's abilities for us to enjoy.

If length if what you need to perform such a good job, then by all means, keep that length around, because yes, this WAS enjoyable :3 It's also not that long, I assure you.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
— Albus Dumbledore