z

Young Writers Society

I Am Totally a Real-Life Wizard (Not Clickbait, I Swear!)

246 Reviews

Reviews: 246
Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:33 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

“Oh yeah?”

Dawn hummed and said, “My sibling feels far away, but… I think I sense… ice cream, heat, and a funny mouse with big round ears?”

Valeri scrunched her eyebrows together. “Are you talking about Disneyland? But that’s not too far away.”

“Mmm…” the sword turned in the air until it was facing east. “They lie in that direction, I believe.”

(62 words)

Spoiler! :
Woot 10 pages!! =D
Also oop I’ve gotta go now… but I’m quite proud of ourselves for getting this far xD ^-^
Last edited by Spearmint on Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:44 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

“Disneyland’s that way.” Vendetta narrowed their eyes at the horizon. “But how are we going to get in?”

“We could always-“

“No, Amy. We’re not confettiing and entering a theme park.”

Spoiler! :
I’m proud too! We’re mighty impressive.

31 Words
Last edited by WeepingWisteria on Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

246 Reviews

Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:03 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Amy pouted, then perked up as she saw a hot pink pigeon approaching. "Hey, a message from Josephinzo the great wizard!"

The pigeon dropped a letter into Valeri's hands, and they shuddered. "I'm not opening that thing." She tossed it to Vendetta like a hot potato.

(46 words)
Last edited by Spearmint on Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

31 Reviews

Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:23 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Vendetta opened it far away from their face, gently easing the envelope open.

A small figure of Jospehinzo burst out of the letter. "Congratulations, adventurers! I've sensed that you've completed the Sword of the Rising Sun! Now it's time for you to head to your new home. The secret base of the WANNABES here in Washington D.C. Amy will show you the way."

Amy giggled. "Well, that settles that! D.C it is then."

Vendetta sputtered. "Ah, no! We're getting Dawn's sibling."

81 Words
Last edited by WeepingWisteria on Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/They/Fae

246 Reviews

Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:47 am
Spearmint says...

Valeri frowned. “Hey, you think the wizard can hear us?” She bent down to the small figure and asked, “Josephinzo, are you sure about that? Don’t we need to get the bow?”

With an audible pop, the figure turned into a loading icon. Valeri raised an eyebrow at the circle of dots. “Why doesn’t he just call like a normal person…?”

Then the dots reformed into the wizard. “Ah! I have received your question. Mm… come to Washington, D.C. We’ll trade you Amy for a different WANNABE!”

(87 words)
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:08 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

"And then we'll come back all the way to California to get the bow?" Vendetta looked around. "Why can't we just take the portal, grab the bow quickly, and then come back?"

Dawn groaned. "I hate to intrude, but I'd really like to get my sibling back."

47 Words
Last edited by WeepingWisteria on Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/They/Fae

246 Reviews

Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:52 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Josephinzo’s figure spluttered. “But—“

Valeri eyed Dawn and said, “Well, who am I to stand in the way of a family reunion?”

Amy looked conflicted. “But Josephinzo the High Wizard said…”

“Who cares?” Valeri waved a hand through Josephinzo’s image and it dissipated into a cloud of sparkles. “We’ll get the bow and be right back! Now then, the portal, please?”

(61 words)
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:16 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Amy sighed, pulling the portal out of her pocket. “Fine! But only so we can get to The Great Josephinzo faster.”

Vendetta smiled. “Thank you, Amy.”

Amy opened the portal, grabbing both of their wrists and dragging them through.

39 Words
Last edited by WeepingWisteria on Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/They/Fae

246 Reviews

Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:18 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Happy music started to play as Valeri stepped out into the middle of Disneyland. "Ugh... long lines, sweaty people, and the incessant noise..." She groaned. "Alright, Dawn, let's get your sibling and get out of here."

Dawn hummed and rose into the air, turning around as if it were searching for the bow. "I think... I think my sibling is moving...?"

"Okay, so does that mean someone's already found the bow?" Valeri glanced around, wondering if any of the tourists was smuggling a magical weapon in their purses or something. Then a parade came into view, and Valeri squinted at the lead character: Mickey Mouse. "Hey, didn't you say something about Mickey Mouse?"

(113 words)
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:26 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Dawn bobbed in the air, almost like a shrug. “I said something about a mouse. I didn’t realize it had a name.”

Vendetta wasn’t paying attention. They were ogling at all of the attractions and booths, smiling like they were a little kid again.

Amy, however, grabbed a handful of confetti. “Hey, Dawn! How do you feel about jumping Mickey Mouse?”

61 Words
Last edited by WeepingWisteria on Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/They/Fae

246 Reviews

Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:59 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

“I… I don’t think the mouse would take kindly to being ‘jumped,’” Dawn said hesitantly. “And I feel like you all should know… despite being a sword, I prefer non-violent solutions to problems. I try to be a pacifist!”

“Oh. Wonderful,” Valeri said, dragging Vendetta back from a fishing-for-plushies game. “A sword who literally doesn’t want to be a sword.”

“I didn’t say that! I mean, I can still cut ropes and things!” Dawn offered.

Valeri sighed. “Okay, Amy. Here’s what we’ll do: let’s investigate Mickey Mouse. But nonviolently, as our talking sword here prefers.”

(95 words)
Last edited by Spearmint on Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:11 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Vendetta shook their head. “Why would Mickey Mouse have a bow? Wouldn’t that fit much better on Merida or something?” They started pacing. “Also, if the bow was on Mickey’s back, it couldn’t see Mickey’s face.”

Amy giggled. “You’re overcomplicating things, Silly! All we need to do is investigate Mickey, realize he has the bow, attack him, and steal it!” She bounced on her toes. “Easy-peasy, lemon squeezy!”

Vendetta sighed. “And what if Mickey doesn’t have the bow?”

“Then we investigate, attack, and steal from someone else!”

87 Words
Last edited by WeepingWisteria on Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/They/Fae

246 Reviews

Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:40 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

“Attack nonviolently, yes?” Valeri raised an eyebrow at Amy, and Dawn turned towards the confetti girl with a thoughtful hum as well. Amy frowned.

“Okay, but if the bow can see Mickey…” Valeri glanced at the parade. “Maybe it’s on one of the other floats?”

(45 words)
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:02 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

“If it’s strapped to a child, Dawn, you’re going to have to get it by yourself.” Vendetta glared at Amy. “I’m not letting Ms. Attack-and-Kill confetti a child.”

Amy grinned innocently, lacing her fingers behind her back. “I don’t know what you’re talking about, silly!”

45 Words
Last edited by WeepingWisteria on Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/They/Fae

246 Reviews

Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:08 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

“Oh, stop playing innocent. We all know your confetti can be deadly.”

Amy widened her eyes and smiled, then pointed to where a bunch of kids and their families were lined up to take pictures with princesses nearby. “D’you think Merida’s bow there might be what we’re looking for? And ooh, I bet confetti would look great on those princesses’ dresses.”

(61 words)
mint, she/her

=D

"I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school... I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy..."
— Unnamed Girl from "Mean Girls"