z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:30 pm
LadySpark says...

TheMessenger wrote:Hi Nate. I am having notification problems. This doesn't happen every time, but recently I have randomly been receiving 2-6 notifications that someone has replied to my wall. I click on them but there is only ever one message. It's like receiving six notifications for the same thing.

You're receiving notifications for each comment you've made on the post. For instance, if you've replied twice to a status of yours, you'll receive three notifications.
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:33 pm
Iggy says...

They accumulate, @themessenger.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

667 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 667
Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:36 pm
Messenger says...

Oh, gotcha. That's a little annoying.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:49 am
View Likes
Auxiira says...

Hey! YWS isn't allowing me to post on a comment on my wall, or to post a comment on Blues' wall. I get a blank comment on my wall and "comment post failed" or something like that on Blues' wall.

iPod, iOS6 around 7:45 GMT+1

(Is the inability to comment just affecting me? Seeing as I can post this, I'm assuming it's just walls and works, but it's only with Blues and fortis...)

I've worked it out. In both cases I was trying to use accents. YWS hates accents.
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

355 Reviews

Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:08 pm
LadySpark says...

Hey Nate! Google Chrome, Windows 7.

When I try to enter the chatroom, everything goes great till I choose what room I'd like to join, then it gets stuck loading at 94%. I left it sitting to see if it'd finally load, and it still didn't. I've been trying all day to get it to work, but nothing seems to be working. This has never happened before. Any suggestions?
hush, my sweet

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:16 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Auxiira ->> Aye, accents don't work in profile comments (along with other characters like the + sign). But, this annoying issue is fortunately being fixed in the next update.

Spark ->> Either it's a temporary error and will clear up on its own, or it's a caching issue. You can test to see if it's the latter by going here:
http://www.macromedia.com/support/docum ... ger07.html

Click on the "Website Storage Settings" button (an icon with a folder and a green arrow pointing down), and then delete the info for "host71690.123flashchat.com", or just delete all sites (generally pretty safe to do so).

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:20 am
View Likes
Auxiira says...

Cool!

And is it just me or have the "quick reply" buttons at the bottom of forum posts disappeared? I just looked here and on the KotGR tread, but they're not there.

iPod iOS6
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

332 Reviews

Reviews: 332
Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:03 am
View Likes
Blackwood says...

Looks like a ton of stuff just randomly broke. On both multiple browsers and multiple accounts and happening to other people.
1.Chat bar poofed.
2. People tab, walls, cant comment or reply to comments or view comments, or do anything.
3. Most likely more if this much suddenly snapped.
Hahah....haha.....ahahaha.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:16 am
View Likes
NightWolf says...

I agree. My chat bar has gone. And on the very moment I needed it...
"We're all just stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?" The Eleventh Doctor

355 Reviews

Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:51 pm
LadySpark says...

I did what you said and it's still doing the 94% thing, so I guess it's an error. I'll wait a day or two and try again. :)

(Side note, just like everyone else, my quick reply button, chat bar and basically everything is broken)
hush, my sweet

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:15 pm
View Likes
Blues says...

I'm also having the same issues as Blackwood and NightWolf. I've only realised how much I've taken the chatbar for granted!

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:31 pm
View Likes
Love says...

Yeah... Same for me :(
I was Amareth :)

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:57 pm
whitewolfpuppy says...

Hey there! I am unable to comment on status, like status, or see who liked my own. Also none of the chats are working for me either and I do miss my chat sidebar as well! :(
Sʟᴇᴇᴘɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ Cʏᴀɴɪᴅᴇ
⊱ fear ɪs ɴᴏᴛ ʀᴇᴀʟ. ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀ c h o i c e . ⊰

~ Knight Onyx

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:41 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Odd. My guess is that your browser isn't downloading the master javascript file for some reason.

I've gone ahead and renamed the file, which should force your browser to re-download it. Is it working now?

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:47 pm
EnigmaticSpirit says...

Wahey, it's working! Thanks for fixing it!
Words cut deeper than knives.

For in everything it is no easy task to find the middle ... anyone can get angry—that is easy—or give or spend money; but to do this to the right person, to the right extent, at the right time, with the right motive, and in the right way, that is not for everyone, nor is it easy; wherefore goodness is both rare and laudable and noble.
— Aristotle