z

Young Writers Society

Help Advertise YWS and Get a Bookmark!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:19 am
View Likes
Nate says...

I have a ton of YWS bookmarks to give away... a ton. One way to get one is to donate a $1 to YWS, but I realize that isn't feasible for everyone. So here's another way.

I've attached to this post two handouts. Whatever you do with these handouts is up to you; you can post them on a bulletin board, tape them to a wall, leave it on a table, etc. Wherever you place it, it should be (a) in a public area, (b) legal, and (c) somewhere where the intended audience (roughly ages 13 to 21) will see it. To get the bookmark, just take a snapshot of where you placed the ad and upload the snapshot here. Once you post the snapshot, I'll PM you so that I can get the details necessary to send you a bookmark.

And if you have suggestions for better handouts, I'm all ears! In case you wish to design your own, I have attached YWS logos as well to this message.

EDIT

Suzanne and Rosey Unicorn have made much better handouts, so I've deleted the two I uploaded previously since I rather people use the ones they made than the ones I made. The handouts are attached below in .pdf format.
Attachments
ywshandout_suzanne.pdf
(350 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
ywshandout_rosey.pdf
(121.81 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
yws_logo1.png
yws_logo1.png (161.39 KiB) Viewed 540 times
logonospark.png
logonospark.png (64.03 KiB) Viewed 540 times

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:31 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

This is awesome. There's an advertising spot at my local library, so I am definitely taking advantage of this! Tomorrow morning I think I'll print a whole bunch out and then go. :D I'll experiment with the logos also to see if I can make a few of my own. Thanks for doing this!

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

261 Reviews

Reviews: 261
Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:43 pm
View Likes
Mr.Knightley says...

Cool! As Elinor said, I think there's a place at my library where you can put stuff like this up; either way, I'm printing some! :D
"You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same."

Lady Gaga

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:53 pm
View Likes
Emerson says...

I will completely use this as an excuse to go to my local library and post it around there.

Also, as far as suggestions for posters, I really like that these have the symbols and names for the site, but they're not very informative. It's obvious what we are - but not so obvious how to get to us or what exactly we are. I really like this design:

But instead of the "one day I'd like to write a novel" we could have a YWS logo, and maybe a breif explanation of who we are and what we do. I also think the tear off URL is genius, if too tiny to carry around easily!

I can even try and make my own design in the same fashion to make it easier on you. Why not? I don't have much else to do today!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

425 Reviews

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:56 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Suz, send me a larger version of that/the link where it is and I'll see what I can do for that design for YWS/what sort of information I can write up. :) (Nate, am I correct in saying the basic info on Handout 2 is what you'd like?)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

425 Reviews

Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:20 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Rosey Unicorn wrote: (Nate, am I correct in saying the basic info on Handout 2 is what you'd like?)

Heh, feel free to ignore it/change it/adapt it however you wish.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:44 pm
View Likes
Bloo says...

With Finals coming up here, I can probably place some of those in the library and get some hits for the site...*goes to get printer paper*
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:25 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

I went up and put flyers at both the library and the coffee shop. :)

Image ImageImage ImageImage]

You can see a bit of my finger in the last one, lol. Thanks for this opportunity--I had a lot of fun putting these up.

-- Walt Disney

425 Reviews

Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:38 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Looks good Elinor!

Also, uploaded a poster Suzanne made that's leagues better than the ones I made. As a result, I've deleted the two I made. See the original post for more details.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:54 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

The handout is awesome! Darn, I only wish that I would have seen it before I went to go put out flyers, and I doubt my mom will take me out to do this again. :? Maybe next time. I'll check with her just in case. :D

-- Walt Disney

If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing.
— W. Edwards Deming