z

Young Writers Society

Please gold star works you like!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:05 am
Nate says...

Everyone, please when you read something you like, give it a gold star. I see works making it into featured status because they have two gold stars!

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:18 am
Snoink says...

Yes sir!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:55 pm
Kamas says...

Is it normal that you can star your own work?
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

Random avatar

Reviews: 110
Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:57 pm
Karsten says...

Thanks for reminding me about this feature. I had no idea what the gold star was actually used for. :P

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:05 pm
OxfordandOnyx says...

I will do :) Oh yeah, I was wondering about that. Is it cheating if you star your own work... Or completely legitimate?
Four kinds of people I hate most in life.
1. People who use a preposition to end a sentence with.
2. People who can't count.
3. People who think it's 'clever' to quote ironic phrases.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:15 pm
Nate says...

You can gold star your own work, although it's something I keep on meaning to disable! But until I do, it's there and fair game :)

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:22 pm
Demeter says...

Will do! I often forget about this, but I'll try to remember!
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:18 pm
AquaMarine says...

Oh, yeah. I totally forget to do this sometimes. :D Will do!
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:35 pm
Rosendorn says...

Maybe if the gold star was back at the top of a work? For literary works, I often hit the reply button at the top of the page, not the bottom (The opposite is often true for community board threads, because I go through the whole thread. For literary works, I'll read the work, read/skim the reviews, then read the work again before hitting reply at the top of the page). I keep forgetting the gold star button even exists when I don't see it right next to reply.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:06 am
Kale says...

Rosey Unicorn wrote:Maybe if the gold star was back at the top of a work? For literary works, I often hit the reply button at the top of the page, not the bottom (The opposite is often true for community board threads, because I go through the whole thread. For literary works, I'll read the work, read/skim the reviews, then read the work again before hitting reply at the top of the page). I keep forgetting the gold star button even exists when I don't see it right next to reply.

Ditto here.

Would it be possible to have the star in both locations? At the top and at the bottom?
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:07 am
Evi says...

I also much preferred the star button at the top, but on both top and bottom would be excellent. Thanks!
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

126 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 126
Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:26 am
Day says...

I prefer the bottom because I like to read what other people have reviewed about that way I don't waste my time repeating what someone else has said. Both top and bottom sounds like a great idea though
"If the king doesn't lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"

I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it.
— Mitch Hedberg