z

Young Writers Society

DO NOT PUT YOUR FULL NAME ON YWS

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:24 am
Snoink says...

Lately, we have been getting many members who put their full name on their works. Please, please, do not put your full name anywhere on this site. Putting out your full name on any internet site is dangerous and since YWS is easily accessed by non-members, assume that everyone can see your name.

If you are worried about copyrights and such, don't worry. By posting here, the copyright is automatically given to you, even though we don't have your full name.

If you are younger than 18, the mod squad will delete your name from your work, if we see this happen again, which hopefully we won't. So save us some time so we can use that time to critique your work instead of taking out your name. :P

Thanks!
Last edited by Snoink on Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:58 am
Nate says...

Just a quick add-on to this, whenever you post your work, your ip address is logged as well. For copyright purposes, your ip address is much more effective than your full name. In fact, there's no comparison. Just putting your name on something means nothing; but having your ip address logged means everything. It means the work can be traced back directly to you.

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:25 pm
Aedomir says...

Fair enoguh, I believe there is a popular topic in the Writer's Corner abut a pen name with my name on it, I will change that.
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything's different?
— C.S. Lewis