z

Young Writers Society

Shakespeare Festival Voice Actor Audtions! DEADLINE EXTENDED

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:08 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

DEADLINE EXTENDED TILL SEPTEMBER 1st. WE ARE IN NEED OF MALE VOICE ACTORS.

In only a month or so, the YWS mod squad will be putting together a new event for YWS...

But before that, we need your help! We know there are a bunch of talented YWSers out there, and we need your help putting together two or three mini Shakespeare shows.

How it Works:

Two or Three mods will be directing mini-radio plays to be done throughout the festival. During these shows, you will be performing various scenes from William's plays, and maybe even read a sonnet or two outloud. Casting for the shows are up to the mod in charge of that certain show.
You will rehearse over skype for the month of August into September, preparing for the festival in mid-September (official date TBA).
When it's time to perform the show, it will be done as an un-offical YWS radio show.
There will be all kinds of fun and games in addition to the shows, so for those of you who aren't into their voice being heard, don't you worry!

The Audition Process:

-You will need to record yourself through an online recording site reading Puck's monologue from a Midsummer's night dream out loud. (We do this to make sure that you are competent in reading Shakespeare, as it is very difficult.
*If you feel that a different monologue from a Shakespeare play would better suit your skills/ or already have a monologue memorized, feel free to send that instead of Puck's monologue*.
-Send your audition to @LadySpark as a PM.
-Wait to hear back about your audition

After you have auditioned and been accepted, you'll be given an opportunity to chose from a list of plays that we're doing scenes from. Once you have selected from that list, we will do our best to place you in the show best fit for you. BUT NO PROMISES.
You will also be asked to tell us your time zone and times you are not available/ are available for rehearsals, so that we may schedule the rehearsals to fit everyone's needs.

Please understand, we have limited roles to fill. If you are not cast DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED. We appreciate any and all auditions and cannot wait to see the amazing talents we know are just waiting in the wings (metaphorically, of course) on YWS!

Deadline for Auditions:

September 1st.

If you have any suggestion about scenes you'd like to see, or sonnets you'd like to hear, please share below!
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

Reviews: 2
Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:16 am
gwen says...

Hello,
This is an amazing opportunity, and I would love to be a part of it. however I don't know how to find a online site to record my Audition. Do you know of any? It would be a great help if you did. :D
Gwen
Gwen

355 Reviews

Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:49 pm
LadySpark says...

@gwen try http://vocaroo.com/!
hush, my sweet

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:49 am
TheCrimsonLady says...

Macbeth, Act II, Scene II
Hamlet Act III, Scene I

Oh, and any scene before the ending from The Taming of the Shrew.
*my scene suggestions*
Let the blood pour down in rivers as the world burns.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:02 am
View Likes
wickedlymuggle says...

This sounds like so much fun! I have been in a Midsummer Nights Dream before, so this seems right up my alley! If I have enough time, maybe I will audition. Hopefully I do! :)

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:36 am
SkyeWalker says...

Before I audition, could you give me a brief overview of what the rehearsal schedule will be like?
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

355 Reviews

Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:11 pm
LadySpark says...

@Reneia

Once or twice a week, depending on what you're cast in. If you're cast in two shows, for instance, you might rehearse twice. If you're only cast in one, but in two scenes, you might rehearse twice. No more than twice a week, however.
hush, my sweet

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:55 pm
SkyeWalker says...

Okay! Thanks! :D
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

355 Reviews

Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:32 pm
LadySpark says...

Thank you to the people who have already auditioned for the festival! You will be hearing back from us VERY soon!

THE SHAKESPEARE FESTIVAL WILL BE EXTENDED TILL SEPTEMBER FIRST.
We are in need of male voices. If you are a male and are interested, please audition!
hush, my sweet

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:03 pm
EnderFlash says...

Aw man, I don't have Skype nor will I get one anytime soon, so I'll just cheer on the others :P

284 Reviews

Reviews: 284
Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:14 pm
RubyRed says...

Same here Ender but it sounds so fun!
You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote

Review link below!
Ruby's Reviews

Knight of the Green Room

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:50 pm
methrirr123 says...

Alright, you talked me into it.

Actually, I'm not that experienced in this kind of thing. I read stuff out lout to preschoolers, but it's hardly shakespeare.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:17 am
Caerulean says...

No real voice acting or acting experience at all, but I'll try at least. :)
“(...) and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - Gandalf, The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:45 am
Hattable says...

D'we have to use our real voices when auditioning or can we use a fake voice? I mean... Using a fake voice seems like the way to go, what with it being an acting-ish thing of sorts...
Blah.
I was just wondering because I can't stand reading things in my real voice, but I wanna audition, possibly... So...

o.o?
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

355 Reviews

Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:22 pm
LadySpark says...

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "fake voice" @Hattable. I'd need to hear it to tell you whether or not it would be acceptable for the Shakespeare Festival.
hush, my sweet

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language.
— W.H. Auden