z

Young Writers Society

Report A Site Bug

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:52 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

I wanted to change the image for Matt's Happy Place club, so I pressed edit club and then pressed the proceed to step 2 button and got an SQL error:

Spoiler! :
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's Happy Place', link = '', asin = '', privacy = 0, tagline = 'Matt\'s Happy Plac' at line 1 [1064]

SQL

UPDATE yws_pages SET title = 'Matt's Happy Place', link = '', asin = '', privacy = 0, tagline = 'Matt\'s Happy Place', description = 'Spread the love! Share happy/loved-up poems, stories and pictures, be a little random, talk about what brightens up your day. Group leader is Matt Bellamy.', bbcode_uid = '', bbcode_bitfield = '' WHERE id = 606

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: page_editor.php
LINE: 139
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:24 pm
Nate says...

Sam, Rachael ->> Thanks for reporting that bug! Fixed. Sorry it took me so long to fix it.

770 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 770
Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:31 pm
borntobeawriter says...

Ok, I just reviewed This prologue

Because the user had asked me to review his 1st chapter, I clicked on view novel and got Here. It brings me to another writer's page. I thought maybe my dude from the prologue, mrawesome, had changed names, but he's too new, and this one says she's female.

But when I physically make my way to his First Chapter then clicked on View Novels it takes me to his page, minus the prologue.

Not sure what to do with this. Was it a name change went wrong? Because, wouldn't his work have followed? Was it a site bug?

Tanya
Last edited by borntobeawriter on Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

770 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:32 pm
borntobeawriter says...

Also, another problem.

I did a couple of lengthy reviews for the aforementioned mrawesome, and when my review would reach a certain length, the sidebar would go up-down like crazy and I couldn't see what I was typing anymore.

Is that a site problem, or just my laptop acting crazy?

Tanya

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:05 pm
Rosendorn says...

I've seen this with a couple clubs now. In the new forum layout, some of them have lost all previous topics (namely the ones that used to be groups). The ones I've seen afflicted are Publication or Perish and Investigating Image (The only thread in discussion was made after the layout was switched).
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:27 pm
Chelsea4827 says...

Hey, I have tried to upload some pictures but after a while of them trying to upload them it says that they can't be uploaded but they are in the right format etc..

In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't. -- Blaise Pascal

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:29 pm
View Likes
Lydia1995 says...

Hello,

I had the same problem as Tanya about the sidebar going crazy. I copied and pasted a chapter of my book and went to make edits but every time I clicked on the text box it would move up so I wouldn't be able to see what I was doing.

Hope you can fix it :D

Thanks,
Lydia
Thinking about what you COULD achieve will get you no where. You've got to chase your dreams.
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=188&t=92400 - Need a review?

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:04 pm
Chelsea4827 says...

I also have the same problem as Tanya and Lydia, when I try to edit it, it always goes up and I can see what I am doing :/

In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't. -- Blaise Pascal

1488 Reviews

Reviews: 1488
Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:29 pm
IcyFlame says...

I'm having the same problem as Tanya, Lydia and Chelsea: the side bar has a mind of its own! :\

425 Reviews

Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:07 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

borntobeawriter wrote:Also, another problem.

I did a couple of lengthy reviews for the aforementioned mrawesome, and when my review would reach a certain length, the sidebar would go up-down like crazy and I couldn't see what I was typing anymore.

Is that a site problem, or just my laptop acting crazy?

Tanya

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by sidebar. What sidebar are you seeing when you do reviews?

Also, please follow the report format. Specifically, I need browser information.

Edit

Once someone who reported this problem was online, I was able to determine the bug happens in IE 8. Then I found this description of the issue:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2933 ... -character

In short, it's a common IE bug (another reason to use Firefox, Chrome, or Safari!). I'm applying the workaround now though.

425 Reviews

Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:09 pm
Nate says...

Wow, trying to fix that textarea bug really messed things up a bit there. Before anyone reports the weird issues relating to YWS pages failing to load or looking very weird for a few moments there, I'm quite aware of those. It happens sometimes when I update the stylesheets, but it doesn't last for five minutes like it did this time.

In any case, the textarea scroll-bar problem has been fixed. Let me know if it doesn't work or if textareas start appearing strange.

770 Reviews

Supporter

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:31 pm
lilymoore says...

I have that notification that I've received 11 comments on my contest but when I look at my contest, there is only one comment.

(I would have filled out an actual report but most of those questions seem a bit silly for this report though if it matters, the browser was Firefox.)
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

770 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:26 pm
borntobeawriter says...

In any case, the textarea scroll-bar problem has been fixed. Let me know if it doesn't work or if textareas start appearing strange.

It did the same thing when I was sending a PM the same day I saw this message of yours, Nate.

Also:

Also, please follow the report format. Specifically, I need browser information.
How do I go about this?

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:31 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Tanya - go to http://mybrowserinfo.com/ and copy and paste what it says where it says "Your Browser User Agent String is..." :)
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

What praise is more valuable than the praise of an intelligent servant?
— Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice