z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:39 pm
Craz says...

This is probably just me, but when I try to post a youtube video on my wall it comes up as a link to a strange Russian website. I'm following the information given here: https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?t=100998.
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

207 Reviews

Reviews: 207
Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:44 pm
Rin321 says...

Me too, like I have had to creat like three accounts because I would log in, and then, even when I put in the right info, it would not let me in!
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I am a funtastic awesome writer-
what are you?

You are an awesome writer as well-that is what you are

:superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman:

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:12 am
niteowl says...

Hey so I know you're still working on the lit works section, but this is just to note that works that are saved as a draft still show up on the People tab.

Example, https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=117481 showed up in my feed.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

25 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 25
Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:38 am
Gringoamericano says...

I run the Music Buffs club, and a lot of our Feature segments involve youtube embed links. I've been using the [media][/media] code and resizing them, but they almost always end up like this:

Is there any way I can get past it, or will I have to go back to the old embed method?
"Can't break an omelette without making a few eggs"

From the ashes of the old YWS Chat; it's the Unofficial YWS Discord server. Come join us!: https://discordapp.com/invite/UhSr7uW

667 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 667
Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:06 pm
View Likes
Messenger says...

Hey Nate, this just starting happening this morning that I am not receiving notifications to anything. I'm using internet explorer on my tablet

667 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 667
Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:20 pm
View Likes
Messenger says...

Umm .... they all just appeared finally. Strange....

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:30 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Heh, sometimes I'm sneaky like that. Thanks for reporting the bug @Messenger!

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:32 pm
Meshugenah says...

Nate! Just an odd one here, and not sure if it's my system or the site: the chat bar and the user bar (the top and bottom black rows, basically, on the site) don't always stay put. It doesn't seem to happen on a particular page or time, but they'll stop staying put and start floating? Like, they're chasing my scrolling up and down the page until they settle back where they're supposed to be. I'm on my chromebook.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:00 pm
Mea says...

^ It does that on my Kindle Fire too.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

425 Reviews

Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:42 am
Nate says...

@Meshugenah ->> Did it start recently or has it been going on for a while?

@Meandbooks ->> The default browser on android devices like the Kindle Fire is outdated, so it doesn't always display content correctly (the same thing happens on my Nexus phone). This can be solved if you download another browser from the app store. The best is Google Chrome, but I'm not sure if that's available for the Kindle Fire. Other good options are Opera and the Dolphin browser.

425 Reviews

Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:08 am
Nate says...

@Gringoamericano ->> The media tag should be working fine now. Thanks for reporting the bug.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:19 am
Meshugenah says...

This started within the past few weeks, on a semi-consistent basis. It's not every page every time, but usually at least one page per YWS visit. It's doing it right now, for instance, on the "people" tab, but not in this one.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

332 Reviews

Reviews: 332
Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:20 am
Blackwood says...

Eh, I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but might as well mention it just in case. On my phone, the autocorrection works on everything else but for some reason it doesn't work in the YWS chatroom.
Hahah....haha.....ahahaha.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:05 pm
Lumi says...

W7, Chrome, People Tab.

I know this isn't technically a bug because it's a repeatable thing that just happens, but I figured Hey, Nate might not know this is a thing so I'm here to tell you about the thing. Sorry if you knew. I'll cut to the chase now.

Hashtags in the People tab do not work if they are preceded by a hit of the Enter key. I guess another way to phrase it is that they don't function if they begin their own line of text? I didn't realize the pattern properly until #15in15 started. Anyway, a status like this will not parse the hashtag:

Today I wrote YWS fanfic.
#15in15

but this would work:
Today I wrote YWS fanfic. #15in15

or even this!
Today I wrote YWS fanfic.
Winning! #15in15

The one permutation I'm unsure of is if a hashtag on a new line of text will parse if preceded by another hashtag that fails. Sorry for the excess info. I was interested by it and did some testing on my own statuses.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:25 pm
crossroads says...

^ If you write two hashtags in their own separate line, ilike
#15in15 #yay

the second one will parse, the first one will fail. At least it did with my statuses a few times, and I've seen it around~
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

“I don't talk things, sir. I talk the meaning of things.”
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451