Nate says...

Bolding this....

No More Recommendations At This Time

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:32 am
PenguinAttack says...

Australian version would be good, I like buying books.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:06 pm
Demeter says...

Will the profits only go to YWS if the purchaser is in the USA/UK?

I really don't know anything about this stuff, haha.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:16 pm
Nate says...

Demeter wrote:Will the profits only go to YWS if the purchaser is in the USA/UK?

I really don't know anything about this stuff, haha.

It doesn't matter where the purchaser is from. YWS is now capturing 6% of all revenue produced by the US Book Store. So if you buy $100 from the US Book Store no matter where you live, then $6 goes to YWS.

In the UK Book Store, YWS is capturing 5% of all revenue. So if you buy £100, then £5 goes to YWS.

But I wouldn't worry about any of it. If you wish to buy something from the book store, go for it! Just choose the one with the lowest shipping costs for you.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:31 pm
Rosendorn says...

Wheee! Nonfiction books! :D

Thanks Nate!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:51 pm
Snoink says...

Eek, thanks for adding the non-fiction category! It'll make buying my textbooks that much easier. :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:54 pm
NYCnightowl007 says...

Evi wrote:The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak, for the hand-picked section, as well as The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.

;) Cool idea, Nate.

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!
"I’m usually that guy who violently kicks off his shoes at the front door because there’s something about fake wooden kitchen linoleum that appears inviting to the feverish socked footsies." - Adam Young/Owl City

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:51 am
Lava says...

Okay, so if I buy books from the US Amazon through this YWS bookstore and get it shipped to India, will you still get your share?

(I'm not planning on doing, it'll be way too expensive, but still just a thought.)
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:01 am
Nate says...

Here, I'm just going to answer all questions...

Question: If I buy Relaciones by Father Salmeron from the Moon Amazon and have it shipped to Argentina by way of Peru then re-route it through the Falkland Islands before sending it on its way to Gibralter, and from there have it shipped to Maryland, will YWS get its share?

Answer: Yes.

Question: Okay, but if I pay with a gift card, buy a music CD from UK Amazon and have it shipped on a cargo freighter to Hawaii before blasting off to the International Space Station by way of an international floating space-launch platform, will YWS get its share?

Answer: Yes.

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:38 pm
Lauren2010 says...

I don't know, but Nate's post made me laugh. My parents are now staring at me oddly. *goes to hunt through bookstore*
Got YWS?

547 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 547
Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:04 pm
captain.classy says...

Ahaha, good one Nate.

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:29 pm
Jas says...

Hey! This is great! But question! I'm going to sound really noobish here but where does the money go to? Do you pay the YWS bill thingy with it? OH! I always wondered, do you get money from advertising aol the Scribophile and gift for girls things on YWS? Yupp I sound like a noob...
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:37 pm
Rosendorn says...

Yep. All revenue from ads (they are a source of revenue) and the stuff under "Market" in the header goes towards paying the cost of YWS. Not sure what those costs are, but they include stuff like the server, domain name, and up until recently Chat.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:40 pm
Snoink says...

jasminebells wrote:Hey! This is great! But question! I'm going to sound really noobish here but where does the money go to? Do you pay the YWS bill thingy with it? OH! I always wondered, do you get money from advertising aol the Scribophile and gift for girls things on YWS? Yupp I sound like a noob...

All the money that YWS earns pretty much goes to YWS's bills. It's a big site... it takes a lot to pay for it. :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:44 pm
Adnamarine says...

Yay it has its own tab!!!
I'm working on my bulk order of books; I'm trying to make most of them ones that I haven't read. XD I figure it's justified even if I don't *adore* them since I won't actually be spending any money, at least on this order. Except maybe for shipping. XD
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

attempting foot extraction
— Mea