Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Fri May 06, 2016 2:40 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Bug/yay!it's!fixed! report (salt and sugar!) for today.

Bug: Clicking on a person's avatar in an attempt to reach their profile sends one to a page that reads:
Information
You tried looking for {USERNAME}, but {USERNAME} does not exist. Do you exist? How would you know?

The URL parses itself as profile/%7BUSERNAME%7D so I think it's a minor translation bug. Nothing big.

Windows 8.1 | Chrome up-to-date

The thing that seems fixed has been going on for about three or four weeks, wherein any attempt to load YWS (and I tested this against other websites including those using the same module of PHPBB) landed on a Chrome error screen regarding the server; HOWEVER, after yesterday's downtime, it's been completely resolved.

Y'ain't gettin' paid enough fer this, boss.

Ty
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Fri May 06, 2016 9:52 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Thank you for the maintenance, Nate! I am sure I speak for everyone when I express my endless gratitude for the lengths you are willing to go to accommodate us nagging children. :D
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

425 Reviews

Sat May 07, 2016 2:16 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Thanks @AstralHunter! I appreciate the gracious words :)

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sat May 14, 2016 1:43 pm
BrumalHunter says...

This isn't as much a bug as it is something about which I've been wondering for a while, "something" being the new IM. It's awesome that it works as smoothly on tablets (not sure about phones) as it does on PC, but then there is the matter of being logged out. I am aware that the site logs an account out if it has been inactive for an hour, but I would chat with somebody for that long and then be logged out in the middle of the conversation. I've taken to refreshing the page regularly and scrolling up and down a page as a countermeasure, but I'm just wondering whether it's possible to make using IM count as "being active". I wouldn't be asking at all if the previous IM had done it, but I'm used to being told there is no stupid question, so... heh, I asked. XD
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun May 15, 2016 8:25 pm
Mageheart says...

Hi, @Nate. I can't find the option to create a new club. I've created three before, so I know where it usually is. Is this a problem, or is there simply a limit on the number of clubs someone can create?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun May 15, 2016 8:29 pm
Iggy says...

Magestorrow wrote:Hi, @Nate. I can't find the option to create a new club. I've created three before, so I know where it usually is. Is this a problem, or is there simply a limit on the number of clubs someone can create?

@magestorrow - click the gear icon, click the club tab, and then on the left, you'll see "create a club".
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun May 15, 2016 8:32 pm
Mageheart says...

Thanks @Iggy! I remembered it being a lot easier to notice, but my memory sometimes can't be trusted. This is one of those times, I guess! Once again, thanks for clearing things up.
mage

queer and here.

425 Reviews

Sun May 15, 2016 8:37 pm
Vervain says...

There was a "create club" button on the main clubs tab at some point -- on the site navigation tabs, not in settings -- so that may be what you're thinking of? I'm not sure what happened to that one.
stay off the faerie paths

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun May 15, 2016 9:04 pm
Mageheart says...

That is the one I'm thinking of @Lareine. Alright, so I'm not going insane. That's a relief.
mage

queer and here.

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Tue May 17, 2016 1:38 am
Lightsong says...

Right, so I don't get the notifications for the two recent reviews I got. There was a notification when I replied to it and the reviewer replied back, but the notification for the review made itself wasn't there (and it made me apologize to the reviewer for the lateness to check the review). Is there any bug in the review thingy?
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue May 17, 2016 4:43 am
Rosendorn says...

It would appear that there is no feed notification for me getting a new reviewing star.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Tue May 17, 2016 5:21 pm
RadiantShadow says...

idk if this is a bug or not but i keep getting this page occasionally
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
The Shadows strengthen your path, the Light guides your soul, together they make you eternal.

425 Reviews

Tue May 17, 2016 6:15 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

@Magestorrow ->> Definitely not going insane -- that link should be there! Since it quite evidently is not is very odd (I'm not able to see it either). I'll take a look later on today. Thanks for reporting it.

@Rosendorn ->> Thanks for reporting the announcement bug for review stars. I'll look into it, and try to retroactively add missing announcements as well.

@RadiantShadow ->> That's probably my fault. The time you reported it is about the same time I was doing some other CPU-intensive tasks on the server, and that probably caused the server to lapse. Thanks for reporting it -- fortunately, everything I was doing is completely finished up now.

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Tue May 17, 2016 6:35 pm
RadiantShadow says...

oh haha ok thats fine I just got worried I did something wrong XD
The Shadows strengthen your path, the Light guides your soul, together they make you eternal.

Meet me in Montauk.
— Charlie Kaufman