z

Young Writers Society

Big Changes for 2010 (input needed!)

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:10 am
Merlin34 says...

Review Ratio: I like the idea, but I still think you should have to have more reviews than posted works.
http://maxhelmberger.com/
Advice on writing, funny articles, and more.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:49 pm
Snoink says...

Go here to vote for badges vs. colored names!

topic56543.html
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:41 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

And I had a suggestion that just came to my mind! Maybe a badge for the mentors of The Buddy System? You're free to trash it, though >.<
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:41 pm
Sare Agama says...

While wer'e on the subject of change, I just wanted to say I don't like YWS anymore. I think it has become to... comercial. What was once a cozy, safe corner in the world for writers has become an online American Idol for writers. Hate me or love me, that's my opinion.

-Sare
Your monthly Bible quote: "Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are decietful." Proverbs 27:6

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:58 am
LowKey says...

Silly Sare, no one's going to hate you just because you have some ideas on how to make YWS better. :P Actually, if you have some specific things in mind that you think can be changed, you might post them in the comment/suggestions topic, just to see what would happen. I'm sure if you're specific enough and give the pros/cons to both sides, your suggestions would be considered. Just remember to give specific examples of what you want changed. :)

For example, which parts of YWS do you feel have become too commercial, and how so? And what things do you think could be done to these parts to make them less so? Going back to the old YWS isn't apt to happen, I don't think, what with it's coding being outdated and design/organization being a bit messy an all. But you could still offer suggestions that might help it reach a happy medium. Just be specific! :P
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:36 pm
Nate says...

Just an update to the badges for those who may be wondering. I intended to implement them this past Saturday but two things got in the way: (1) the rest of my life, and (2) it's much more complicated than I envisioned. It'll be done sooner rather than later though.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:17 pm
Stori says...

For the record, I'd like to see a return of the True Blue format. Can that be done?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:39 am
Nate says...

Stori wrote:For the record, I'd like to see a return of the True Blue format. Can that be done?

Sorry, but no. Managing several templates is just too arduous a task, especially when a template is used by only a very few number of people.

Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief