78%

Total votes : 101

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:01 pm
Kale says...

Livia wrote:
Dreamer wrote:
Livia wrote:I also am quite fond of what Kyllorac suggested in the other thread about the additional color in place of purple and blue for people to go to if they have questions. Excuse my run-on sentence.

<---

Hi!

Haha, we already have the purple and blue colors. We've had them for a few years now. :) The voting is currently regarding whether we should keep the old system or switch to the different one.

Oh oops. I think I stated that wrong, or put it in the wrong thread :thud: Maybe I shouldn't have been on YWS at midnight :smt015: Forgive me. :smt005:

Kyllorac suggested that maybe we reform the groups into orange people for various reasons. Here are some of his posts.
Here, here, and here :D
--Olivia

EDIT: They don't need to be orange, lol.

I have an advocate. :o

Nifty! :D

Though apparently there's already a usergroup with orange (Distinguished Members). And so, I shall borrow from Reyu and suggest that the new group be colored hot pink. The whole point is to be visible, and where visibility is a factor, hot pink ranks practically paramount. XD
Last edited by Kale on Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:04 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

I still haven't voted. This is too confusing! There's this part of me that likes the badgers and the innovation it brings, but there's this little selfish me, and I know it sounds awful, that'd like to keep the colors >.< I'll decided myself by the limit time.
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:12 pm
Snoink says...

Choose soon, lol!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Reviews: 3
Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:32 pm
Livia says...

Kyllorac wrote:Though apparently there's already a usergroup with orange (Distinguished Members). And so, I shall borrow from Reyu and suggest that the new group be colored hot pink. The whole point is to be visible, and where visibility is a factor, hot pink ranks practically paramount. XD

Hot Pink! :D
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:26 am
Nate says...

Only 154 93 55 minutes left.

425 Reviews

Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:48 am
Nate says...

Polling is closed with 101 votes: 79 for badges and 22 for ranks. So this means that we will be switching to a badges system some time in the future; probably within a month. Until the switch happens, I will still be approving new Greeters/Instructors.

In any case, I compiled some polling data for your viewing pleasure:

Greeters: 33% to 67% in favor of ranks

Instructors: 57% to 43% in favor of badges

JMs and Mods: 81% to 19% in favor of badges

Registered Users: 89% to 11% in favor of badges.

As you can tell from the above, registered users were most likely to support badges. However, all groups with the exception of Greeters favored the change. Registered Users formed by far the largest bloc of voters (54 total). The next largest were Instructors (21 total). The smallest were Greeters (6 total).

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:53 pm
Sare Agama says...

Since we are talking about change in this topic, I'd just like to say a few things. The new YWS... I don't really like it. It's too flashy. With the old one, it felt safe, comfortable. This one, I think it's getting too... comercial. What was once a cozy community is now an online American Idol for writers.
Your monthly Bible quote: "Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are decietful." Proverbs 27:6

425 Reviews

Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:08 pm
Nate says...

Sare Agama wrote:Since we are talking about change in this topic, I'd just like to say a few things. The new YWS... I don't really like it. It's too flashy. With the old one, it felt safe, comfortable. This one, I think it's getting too... comercial. What was once a cozy community is now an online American Idol for writers.

There's a comments/suggestions thread. Use it.

126 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 126
Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:19 am
Day says...

I was thinking about this at school and I wondered why cant we have a badge for having a story featured. For the first badge it could be one story featured, then 10, 20, 30 etc
"If the king doesn't lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"

If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.
— Anatole France