z

Young Writers Society

2010 #1

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:03 am
Jiggity says...

Collecting the random, dispersed fragments. ^_^

Just so its easier to read, in the way I'm writing it.

Only doing it now because I have the points XD.

Any and all thoughts appreciated.
Attachments
2010.doc
(89.5 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:41 pm
View Likes
Krupp says...

This is without a doubt one of the finest things I've read from YWS. I mean that, too. No joke.

The switches between characters worked very well as a transition. The story was creepy, but I haven't read something so mysterious and yet entertaining like this in a while. So for me it was a real pleasure reading this.

Also, character dialogue and interaction was spiced up very well, a nice tough to the story. I didn't know what to expect, but you really made it interesting to read how these characters interact with one another.

So overall this is a huge success to me so far. I couldn't find something to rant or complain about, so I'll give you a 'job well done' instead.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

798 Reviews

Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:08 am
View Likes
Jiggity says...

^_^

Ah, a happy customer. You gladden my heart with such tidings, traveler. Ha! Go random archaic phrasing, w00t.

Seriously, thanks very much for the comment.

Cheers

[I shall be adding more soon]

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:53 pm
Rydia says...

It's almost not worth you reading the review on account of how few comments I made but here's a few more to add to those:

Overall I found this to be rather splendid. Your multiple perspectives worried me a little as I moved through because I couldn't find myself getting attached to any characters in particular but as I reached the end that started to change and I have a feeling it would soon smoothen out if I read more of the novel.

You had some lovely vivid scenes and generally they were a touch gruesome too but I felt a little distant from the action in places and would have liked to see a little more touch and sound as opposed to sight. That's minimal though and you certainly get by splendidly without it.

Here you go, I hope you find something to sharpen your teeth on:
Attachments
Crit for Jigs.doc
(93 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:46 pm
View Likes
Arri says...

This is a week after the last post but I thought I'd say something anyway o: I'm finding a lot of things on this site that I do enjoy. This is my favorite, and I say this not even ever being interested in any kind of story like this.

I was surprised at how well written this is, it invokes a lot of emotion and that's what writing should do. I also especially liked how the narration and the characters dialogue went together so well, like super well. And I could tell the difference in narration and thought, or it was really easy to connect the two. It almost got to the point where it's like "That's what I was thinking" and then "That's what they said!" kind of thing. I'm impressed, good sir, and your art. You're descriptions are very very nice too. I do enjoy when I can get, literally, lost in what I am trying to conjure. It's very nice.

I was especially fond of 6 and 7. I have to admit though reading this I was confused as heck I had no idea what you were talking about and all. I really did like it, and the humanity of it all. Kudos from me. I don't really have anything to change or whatever. You write really well, I'm looking forward to more.

Thank you for writing this, I am a better person for having read it.

798 Reviews

Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:55 pm
View Likes
Jiggity says...

Oh, well thank you both for those very nice comments.

Cheers

216 Reviews

Reviews: 216
Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:13 am
View Likes
asxz says...

Hi, I'm a bit late for this, but it was a captivating story and kept me enticed the whole way through. The plot was a stroke of genius and the character intertwined in a web that made it impossible to guess what the next person would do. I really hope that you do continue with this. It is VERY impressive for a 19 year old. Good luck with writing the rest of it, and I hope it gets published!
::XoX::KeepWriting::XoX::

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Writing is 3% talent and 97% not being distracted by the internet

798 Reviews

Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:18 pm
Jiggity says...

^_^

Cheers.

Really, all comments are appreciated.

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Sun May 24, 2009 6:58 am
View Likes
Pattycakes says...

The short version is this is the most well written and thought provoking piece I've read on this website. You are extremely talented. I guess I mostly just wish it was longer :) The long version is attached. Let me know if the download doesn't work. Feel free to PM if you have any questions or have written more of this. I hope I could provide help for you!

-Pattycakes
Attachments
2010 review this.doc
(111 KiB) Downloaded 40 times

798 Reviews

Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:37 am
View Likes
Jiggity says...

Hey there, Patty

Sorry for just catching this now, I realise you posted this quite a while ago. This is, though, one of my older pieces and that's why I don't check on it much. Some of the writing feels a bit dated to be honest. As for the biblical-references, well, they're intentional of course - it's almost entirely founded upon those sort of allusions in that the story is basically my imagining of the Apocalypse, step-by-step - which in turn, is why it's a bit dense at times, what with the names and the characters and the mysteriousness of it all. To be honest, although I can craft a sort of linear narrative from it all, its just my madcap creativity exploring the darkest places I can haha.

I sort of see this as a graphic novel, or comic series, as well. It's very visual in my mind and that is sort of why its so episodic in nature. I found your comments and suggestions thoughtful. Definitely appreciate the effort you put in, so cheers for that dude.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:32 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

I got through six paragraphs of edits, and I tried and tried, but the story just wasn't really grabbing my attention. I think you should just add more about the guy getting murdered and not describe the janitors clean up in execisve detail. I don't understand the body would still be there. Other than that, you have a great horror novel and it will get you far.

here is the deepest secret nobody knows (here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a treee called life; which grows higher than the soul can home or mind can hide) and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)
— e.e. cummings