z

Young Writers Society

Amelia's Corner: [A Brief History of the Ex-Dee]

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:54 am
Leja says...

*sigh* I always wondered Why would I make one of these writers corner? That's what my blog is for. But my blog goes so off topic that seriously, I shall keep this thing solely for what I'm writing :p

ah-hem. Anyways. My latest project is called A Brief History of the Ex-Dee. It has many parts, which I shall link below (eventually). Basically, it's a long series of poems including but not limited to (a) the devouring of at least one heart (b) random references to Pablo Neruda (c) spiders (d) poorly executed puns. Aren't you excited to read it now?! XD

Section One
Growing Up in Sights and Sounds
Lena Steps In
School as Normal
Normal as Normal

Section Two
[url=http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/post286599.html#286599]Introducing Maria Dee
An Ode to Arthur[/url]

Section Three
And Now to Music Class
Drawing Class

Section Four
Elegy to the Artichoke
Last edited by Leja on Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:02 am, edited 5 times in total.

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:58 am
Cade says...

Oooh, that sounds deliciously interesting. Can't wait to hear more, Melja!
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:58 am
Emerson says...

yay! I look forward to reading this!
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

816 Reviews

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:05 am
Leja says...

*sigh*

I need to post, only in order to remind myself that this story/poem is, indeed, in existence and that, yes, I should do something with this. Because I do love this story, more than I've loved anything else I've ever written, and it would be a shame to give it up when I have such big plans for it. Though, I have so many ideas that I don't know what to do with them all, at present. *double sigh* Maybe I'll swear off the computer this weekend and work solely on the Ex-Dee.

In other news, I found more about hearts that isn't solely anatomical! It was rumored that Sioux chief Rain in the Face extracted revenge on Thomas Custer for imprisoning him by cutting out his heart (as written about, and subsequently spread, by Longfellow in a poem, The Revenge of Rain in the Face). History buffs, please feel free to tell me if I've gotten it all wrong ^^

In summary: it's not even all written yet, and already going under revision. A horrid habit, but oh well.

xiao!

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:28 am
chocoholic says...

Argh!

It sounds really good apart from one of the things it's including. I'm an arachnaphobic, so if could tell me what parts don't include... yeah... I'll read those.

Sorry, but I just can't.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:14 pm
Cade says...

I love the poems so far! They're so...whimsical and lovely.

MELJA RAWKS!

That is all.
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

816 Reviews

Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:01 am
Leja says...

lol; thanks, Cade :D

A Brief History of the Ex-Dee

Anyways, I've rewritten one of the sections. Things should be a bit clearer now. And I re-numbered them, so they should go in the order of 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. However, there are some that I sort of... discarded. So they are labeled as "Extra 1", etc. This is my new approach, to have the whole numbers represent major plot points, and if I can get a poem in between these sections up to snuff, I'll post it as 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, etc.

We cool? Then, I don't have to worry about finishing the plotline, just expanding it as necessary. Anyone who has ever encouraged me on this, you all ROCK. ^_^

Patorfield Peonies

This is my latest attempt at prose/NaNo novel in disguise. Chapter One is posted, I have Chapter Four completely handwritten, Chapter Two half handwritten, and, er, I think I'll just wing it on Chapter Three, to be perfectly honest :P But! It's a start, and it's something, and that's the best I can hope for, at the moment, as I haven't really been writing prose since November.

If you have a Kuzco in your life and they don't turn into a llama, bail.
— Alan SeaWright