z

Young Writers Society

Wiggy's Writing

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:26 pm
Wiggy says...

Well, I felt left out at not having a topic to boast about my few and far between publishing attempts, so I made one. :D And with the totally enticing topic of "Wiggy's Writing", there's no way you can keep away...:P

Actually, to date I have been published once. A personal essay of mine was published in a nonprofit children's magazine called Skipping Stones, but that's the only thing I've ever gotten published. Hope to get more soon!

Currently, I have a couple of writing projects at hand that I have been working on for about half a year, excluding my novel, which has been in the research/character development stage for about a year. My other story, Inscription of Love, which needs some major re-editing and actually needs to be finished, is here on YWS in Other Fiction (back on like the 6th or 7th page XD), and I need to update that drastically. When I was organizing my writing binder, I reread it and was like, "Wow! This actually isn't half-bad!" I plan on working on it later today after I'm done with Geometry and finishing one of my religion papers. I promised myself I'd get those done before I work on my writing. That way, I have time to write.

So, current status of writing projects:

Stories: Inscription of Love- being finished and edited

Poetry: book of religious poetry that is currently on hold right now, also the random poem that pops into my brain

Novel: set in Ireland during the Great Potato Famine, no title yet, still under plotting/character development/research stage

Ideas: story about a handicapped woman that came to me at 3 in the morning one night-need to write down idea and do some character building

Published: Personal essay in Skipping Stones

In the Mail: none

So, there ye have it me hearties! To be updated!
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:34 pm
Shafter says...

Ooh, good idea about the format. Congrats on getting published! It's a good feeling, isn't it?
What's Inscription of Love about?
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:51 pm
Kitkat_1122_ says...

Yeah congrats on getting published. Was it hard to get published?

402 Reviews

Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:24 pm
Wiggy says...

Shaf-Inscription of Love is about a man named Anthony Simmons who has to cope with his wife and child's death two days before Christmas, and about how he finds peace again after 5 years by helping another family with a little girl the same age as his. To get the full story, you can read it in Other Fiction. :D

Kitkat-It actually wasn't hard getting published for me because I've only sent out a few things. It took them a year and a half to respond, but hey, if it got me published, it got me published! The best advice I can give is to just write and send out your work. Make sure you edit it completely, though, because editors aren't too keen on finding mistakes like, "That operation went so good today!" or something like that. Good luck and thanks you guys. :D

And to answer both of your questions, yes-HECK yes-it was a good feeling. :) There's nothing in the world compared to seeing your name in print for the first time. Amazingly amazing is all I can say!
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie

Got YWS?

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:44 pm
Swires says...

Congrats again on Publishing
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:18 pm
Snoink says...

Grr... yeah. You have to update it because I keep on procrastinating on giving a critique, and if you've edited to make it all pretty and stuff, I want to critique that. And then there would be no excuse for procrastination. :P
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:11 am
Myth says...

Once again, congrats on getting published. You really should post your work more often Wigs, would love to read anything and good luck with future works!
.: ₪ :.

'...'

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:43 am
Elelel says...

Congrats for getting published again! *shuffles feet* I haven't critiqued any of your work yet, have I? It's on my to do list. Which is a mile long. But it's in there.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:52 pm
Dream Deep says...

*sits in the back, sharpening haikus*

Hehe... Inscription, Wiggy, Inscription. However do you intend me to finish the Chair when I can't write for distaction, wanting to know what happens to Anthony? ^_~

I would be a cheerleader for you, but then I can't imagine myself in that outfit, so I shall instead CHEER for you.

Go Wiggy!

;)

402 Reviews

Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:48 am
Wiggy says...

Who likes cheerleader uniforms anyways?

I love the cheers! *bows* Thanks guys! :D I actually finished my desperation scene last night, and started, ever so teensily, to edit. Yay for writing!

Got YWS?

402 Reviews

Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:11 pm
Wiggy says...

UPDATE: Okay, this isn't really an exciting update...

Jess did a crit that was amazingly detailed on just the first PAGE of Inscription, so I've been going through that. I've never had to completely rewrite a scene before, and I think that's what I'm going to have to do. Some of the descriptions are just amateurish. *shudders* I haven't had time, though, because of school. *growls* Stupid chemistry...

I know I keep promising to post it. I will, don't worry-it'll just be when I think I won't be embarrassed by posting it on here! XD

Got YWS?

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:48 am
Myth says...

You never seem to post your work anymore, Wigs. I'll make sure to critique as soon as you post, which means you HAVE to PM me! :D
.: ₪ :.

'...'

402 Reviews

Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:30 am
Wiggy says...

When will the cruel world of geometry and chemistry and history and religion and school disappear so I shall have an unlimited amount of time to write?

So yeah. That's my prob: no time WHATSOEVER. I have so much schoolwork to do it ain't funny.

I'm thinking of starting a new writing project. Something to give me fresh steam. Inscription's just not seeming so amazing right now, and I really have no motivation for it. I'm going to try my hand at something with more action. That way, when I feel like writing more about action, I'll go to "that piece" and when I feel more in tune with tragic emotions, I can go to Inscription.

I imagine I'll be writing a lot of Inscription after watching Phantom of the Opera. :P

Got YWS?

402 Reviews

Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:39 pm
Wiggy says...

All right Mythie-you can be happy now! I posted two new poems in Dramatic Poetry: Time and Butterflies. Check 'em out, pweety pwease? *puppy dog eyes*

Still got the prob of no time cause of school, though. Oh well, I'll get caught up soon enough.

I hate when you feel creative and you have responsibility.

Wiggy ;)

Got YWS?

402 Reviews

Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:15 am
Wiggy says...

There comes a time in life when the writing itch just won't stop, well, itching. I've been scratching away the past few days, and I've rather enjoyed it. I guess you can say the "muse" has hit me, and it's so nice to just sit down and be able to churn out a poem on a moment's whim. Of course, I have been sick, but I still am loving writing.

Posted another poem in Dramatic Poetry called Change. The thought that it came from? Moving. Ah, what the experiences of life can do.

Cheers!

Got YWS?

It is most unlikely. But - here comes the big "but" - not impossible.
— Roald Dahl