Young Writers Society

The YWS 2012 Yearbook

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:41 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

It makes me unspeakably sad to have nothing of note to post in a YWS yearbook. So I'll just say thanks to everybody who has kept this site going so that I always have a place on the internet to come home to.

Here's to eight more years!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:31 pm
View Likes
Master_Yoda says...

Too all you funky writers out there:

-Yoda
#TNT

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
-- Robert Frost

I review your reviews: viewtopic.php?f=188&t=94522

279 Reviews

Reviews: 279
Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:46 pm
MasterGrieves says...

So, here's to all of you. :)
The Nation of Ulysses Must Prevail!

If you don't like Mikko, you better friggin' die.

The power of Robert Smith compels you!

Adam + Lisa ♥

When you greet a stranger look at his shoes.
Keep your money in your shoes.

I was 567ajt

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:30 am
View Likes
Lava says...

You know, every year, the Yearbook gets posted during my night; and I wake up to see so many pages claimed. Oh well.

This sums up why I love all of you.
Each and everyone one of you.

It's been a beautiful year, and you guys have been through with one of my best years ever. So, even if the world ends tomorrow (or Ozzy's today), it's been a great year!

Everyone I've spoken to, and everyone I've met here; stay awesome, survive tomorrow and see you on the other side! <3.1415
201220121347.jpg
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:41 am
View Likes
JabberHut says...

Thank you, YWS, for being there when I'm bored and need to click things to pass the time. You're the best. <3

Oh, and the people here are great, too!
I make my own policies.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:02 am
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

Looking forward to another year with the site. God bless us everyone.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:08 am
View Likes
methrirr123 says...

There is no better feeling than being tossed into a crowd where everyone has similar interests. This site is awesome! Thanks all!

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:03 am
View Likes
noninjaes says...

Since my really long story of YWS rant was lost in the server failings, I can't be bothered to do it again so <3 to all those who got to read it. Now, here's the short version...

It's been almost 18 months since I first joined YWS. Along the way, I've experienced one major update and several totally awesome SB's, I've also had one name change (from jaetwee to as current), discovered a love for poetry, failed 2 NaNoWriMos while still writing more than I've ever written before, seen my writing change and transform for the better. I've been a part of many debates, a large majority of them religious, learnt not to trust Bog, have seen YWS hit one of its lowest points ever, am currently seeing it rise to what may be it's highest point ever, have seen many a member join and leave, have bombed Randomosity several times, have spammed my wall with filth, have spammed other's walls with filth, attempted to regularly update a blog, and failed - again. I've also read some of the best pieces of fiction and poetry in my entire life, have learnt to not only hate myself, but love myself too, have become YWS chat life coach, laughed and cried in the online company of some very awesome people, and most importantly, I've met some of the most awesome people in my love who I will dearly love forever.

Here is my big list of thanks:

Firstly, I would like to thank all the mods, junior mods, and admins of the site no matter whether or not they're going into any of the lists below. Most importantly, Nate for giving me my new home which has carried some of my greatest memories that I will treasure forever.

I would next like to give extra special thanks too for their awesomeness:

ItalianIlluminist for being a super awesome SBer and my third-favorite RP buddy.
Hei for being a super awesome friend and because I lup you.
Snoink for being super caring and willing to take the time to talk.
CharlieII and Skorpionne for inspiring me in SBs.
ScarlettFire for being one of my first friends on here.
Bogwraith for being the mysterious troll you are.
And Blues for being the awesome and funny Brit you are.

I also give my thanks to these lovely people:
Audy, Griffinkeeper, LemonyIce, Lavvie, Lyricalias, Shino, Lava, Lauren2010, Demeter, EloquentDragon, reason, Aet Lindling, Karzkin, Rosey Unicorn, Meshugenah, SisterItaly, Rydia, AlfredSymon, ghostie, StellaThompson, Crysi, Lumi, Cadi, SparkOfDoubt, PenguinAttack, and TheEstimableEelz.

I'd also give thanks to those who I've forgotten.

And most importantly, I'd like to give many thanks to the two following people. You guys are the two best people to come into my life for a long time. I love you two beyond words and send you all my huggles, best wishes, and love. You two have made me laugh and smile so much, as well as pull me through the tough times that were my lowest lows. I really owe you guys so much and have so many best memories with you guys that I will treasure and hold close forever.
These two people are none other than my two fellow ninjateers: AnnieBauthor and Payne. Really, I wouldn't know where I'd be without you guys. I really do love you two!

Anyway, that's it for this year. I wish you all a merry Christmas and/or happy holidays and look forward to seeing you all here on YWS for the New Year even though I won't be able to make the New Year's Eve chat party.

This is your local ninja signing out and looking forward to another awesome year to come!
- noninjaspresent >(> ==)>*
Last edited by noninjaes on Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:19 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

It'd be pretty difficult to sum up four years, countless friends, my one constant through college, and immeasurable improvement in all aspects of writing and personal communication in a few words, or a bunch of shoutouts. The only thing I can come up with is gratitude.

So, thank you, YWS.

For everything.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

197 Reviews

Reviews: 197
Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:37 am
View Likes
Lycando says...

Nate thanks for everything! It's really been a great experience on YWS by far. Even though I went inactive for a while I'm back now! :D

Hope YWS will have many great years ahead!

P.S I don't believe in that Mayan bullshit. :D
Insert certain quote here from some terribly famous and renowned great scientist/philosopher/actor who is now dead and so his/her words shall carry on -Lycando

Yes you have a story? Yes you want a review? Yes please click here.

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:12 pm
View Likes
Aet Lindling says...

Something amazing will be here soon.
dun worry
it's all gun be k

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:15 pm
wonderland says...

My spot!
'We will never believe again, kick drum beating in my chest again, oh, we will never believe in anything again, preach electric to a microphone stand.'

*Formerly wickedwonder*

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:21 pm
View Likes
Bloo says...

iunno man iunno
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

532 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 532
Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:26 pm
View Likes
GeeLyria says...

Well. :]

This year has been a wonderful year too; abundant in all kinds of struggles, disappointments, challenges, reached goals, support from friends and family, and of course, new people. And I must say that I am very grateful for many, many things, and YWS and the people who lives inside my screen is one of them, for they have helped me grow from many perspective; intellectually, emotionally, and socially.

I love everyone in YWS, but I'm just going to mention the people with whom I've interacted the most this year. (Hopefully I won't forget anyone. <.>) Although, don't forget that Solly loves you too. ^_^<3

Shout out tiiiiime! (: First, must mention George Orwell and Dr. Seuss because they've been a great big influence to m-- Joke. xD

Spoiler! :
I will start with my girl-crew<3

bluewaterlily: <-- That person there, is the best person ever; and I know I am extremely lucky to say she is my best friend... FOREVER! Tay... I owe you more than I've given. That's the true story<3

Epicdonkalous: <-- That person there, is unbelievably wonderful; the kind of person that actually cares. And, she has taught me what girlying-out is too. xD

MiaParamore: <-- That person there, is another one of my sisters. She's so sweet! And I'm not sure if she knows, but she's been a huge part of my development as a writer. <3

Sakuragirl1: <-- Esa persona ahí... We never agree on what a cute guy really is. But it's okay, because we won't ever fight over boys. xD Awesome person!<3 And she has awesome music taste. ;]

qaralynn: Miss you. 0_0 A lot. Everyone does, actually. But, how not to? You're the most evully awesome and beautiful person. You're stuck in SollyPlushie's heart forever. HAH!

My chat friends<3

567ajt: <-- That boy there... is my Twin. Not biologically, though. Actually, we're nothing alike. xD Actually, we're the opposite. But he's shown me what peace and harmony really is. Lol. As in, we don't agree in many things, but we always respect each other's opinions; and it's always been this way between us. He's so funny! Love him!<3

Audy: Audeeeeeeee! One of my favorite people! My somehow Spaniard frieeeend. xD She's so fun and likable<3

BogWraith: <-- That person there is quite funny. But I do not praise Satan. -.- And I'm not a demon. D; Either way, I love it when Bog goes "GeeGee!" and "xD". <3 Makes me smile.

Ego: <-- That guy there is the reason why reason is still alive. Lol, kidding. But still, he's an awesome fluffy stuffed lion! ^_^

PenguinAttacks: <-- Me loves Aunt Tackles. First I was Vienna, now I'm Prettyface... She gives very original nicknames. xD She's awesome! Plus, she knows what a Cap-Accident is... (Especially when she knows you need to win a no-screaming bet ;))

reason: <-- That guy there... He's like pineapple; you don't know if it's more bitter than sweet; but it's like... Pish posh! He's still awesome. He's crazy, unpolite, and rude! Always like, "Momo. You're weird/a dork" and "I don't know what you're talking about, momo". He sucks, I love him (But... :-| I love him because he sucks, too) -__-<3

ScarlettFire: Scaaaaaaaaaar!<3 She's cool. Period. Can not be not mentioned.

Whisperer: Whispibey is so nice, and intelligent. Opened minded but down to earth. Amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing writer. I can see him published already. xD *fangirls* I appreciate all the chats we've had, and I remember them with lots love. xD <3

And of course, I must not forget to thank Nate and the YWS staff<3 Thank you! :)
Last edited by GeeLyria on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Noob is a state of being, not a length of time. ~Ego

"Serás del tamaño de tus pensamientos; no te permitas fracasar."

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:29 pm
View Likes
Cadi says...

The more we do things, the more we think about them, right, guys? So by writing this out twice, I think about how awesome y'all are twice as much.

(Audu, turns out I can think of things to say after all.)

First things first! Beckew! You are so amazingly amazing, it's like you're made of amazing! *loves all over*

Heather and Twit, it was way awesome to see you guys in London, and we should definitely do it again. And Rachael and Lauren, you must come back to be IN ENGLAND with us again! And Sachi, you must come too. (Also: SACHI Sachi ilu)

Targuini, Aeon and Saxy, my 'Strayan loves, take all my <£/<3 [delete as appropriate], and promise me you'll protect me from the spiders when I come visit ;)

Bleus and Misteh (I miss you Mistehface, get back here), I'm going to adopt you both, and you shall both come live with me and Charleh next year in our house of win. What do you mean, do you get a choice? Don't be silly. You shall come, and Skorpi and Iceh shall join us, and we shall have a wonderful, wonderful time.

reason, you are a terrible person, and I hate you. <3

murTu, get back on here.

Nate, thanks for the website in the first place. I feel you ought to know that I'm now imagining you as either a) suffering massively from that thing where you code so much there's code all over your brain, even at night, and it won't go away, or b) a knight in plate armour doing battle with the Dragon of PHP and SQL. Possibly both. I can probably find a way to combine them.

Kelti, Scarli, Red, Wonder, Itaj, Epix, Euphi, Tone, pup, Meed, Donoface, and anyone I've forgotten through sheer fail, <3 to you all and I wish you the best.

Oh, and last, but probably the opposite of least... Charlie II, Charleh, 'Glitterboy': This is all your fault.
Last edited by Cadi on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The fact is, I don't know where my ideas come from. Nor does any writer. The only real answer is to drink way too much coffee and buy yourself a desk that doesn't collapse when you beat your head against it." --Douglas Adams

How can I be king of the world? Because I am king of rubbish. And rubbish is what the world is made of.
— Kate DiCamillo, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane