z

Young Writers Society

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:24 am
ZZAP says...

Yes everyone! Mrs. Rowling has readied her brand new book for us. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. It comes out somewhere in July. For those of you who question who the Half Blood Prince is, it's neither Lord Volemort nor Harry. Harry actually doesn't even suit the subject as he is a full wizard. His mother is a Mud-Blood, but she is still a witch. Since his father is also one, two magic users make one magic user. unless you become a squib. But the Dark Lord is a half blood, as his father by the same name was a muggle that ditched his mother when he found out that she was a witch. Thus, continuing that his mother died while giving birth, be became an orphan. Fufufaloo!

-Z
Nate, you will eventually resine or trade powers with me:
https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:35 am
Crysi says...

I can't wait for it to come out! :D I've been trying to guess who the half-blood prince is.. and it seems it could be almost anyone, especially because we don't know what kind of blood Rowling is talking about! It doesn't necessarily have to mean wizard blood.. :roll:

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:36 am
Nate says...

Already have it preordered :)

594 Reviews

Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:41 am
Crysi says...

Very nice! I should do that.. *calls Mesh* Hey Mesh, remind me to preorder it, mkay? :P

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:05 am
-KayJuran- says...

it def isnt ron or hermione... what
bout hagrid hes half giant.

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:05 pm
Bobo says...

It's not Hagrid either, I believe. Do you know if it's a new character or an old one?

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:43 pm
marching_gurl89 says...

i think its a new character because i don't think any of the characters have royal blood. i think i might read the new harry potter book.
~*~Peace, Love, and Protesters~*~
I'm not off beat!I'm marching to the beat of my own drum
I rock my socks
Hippielicious the bold new flavor from caroline
JFK BLOWN AWAY WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:31 pm
Meshugenah says...

Crysi! really. i can't wait. :D
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

594 Reviews

Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:41 am
Crysi says...

It doesn't have to be human royalty.. I'm thinking it's either Firenze (he has been perfectly placed to be a major character in the next book), Snape (we don't know much about him. There has been a theory going around that he's part vampire..), or.. someone else lol. But those two I think are my first suspects.

Also, the mirror WILL play an important part in the next book. I only wish it could have saved my Sirius.. :cry:
Love and Light

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:43 pm
Sam says...

Have no idea...I miss Sirius too...*waah*
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:49 pm
Firestarter says...

Can't wait till July 16th.

I originally thought it might be Hagrid, but I'm not so sure.

She always picks titles that make you wonder...
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

425 Reviews

Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:13 pm
Nate says...

If Hagrid dies, or if Ron or Hermione die, I'm going to be very, very upset.

My bet is that it will be someone everyone knows, but it'll be a minor character; the person who dies will be someone like Dumbledore or Snape.

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:21 pm
electricbluemonkey says...

Yeah, I agree. Well, scratch all of the women from being suspects. I think it will be like a minor character, maybe even an animal or something. I just know its going to be the character you least suspect, like in Prisoner of Azkaban, Peter was Scabbers. It'll be something like that...I just know it....

Hmm, I should really pre-order it....
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

425 Reviews

Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:55 pm
Nate says...

ElectricBlueMonkey wrote:Hmm, I should really pre-order it....

Better do it soon; I'm not sure how much they are printing, but there's bound to be a shortage. It climbed to number one on Amazon on the first day that preordering was available.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:14 pm
Firestarter says...

Better do it soon; I'm not sure how much they are printing, but there's bound to be a shortage. It climbed to number one on Amazon on the first day that preordering was available.

I haven't pre-ordered it. I panicked last time for Book 5, cos I though I wouldn't be able to get it, but my mum pre-ordered it a week before and I got it fine. I think they print enough Harry Potter books these days to be sure...
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

When one is highly alert to language, then nearly everything begs to be a poem.
— James Tate