z

Young Writers Society

The YWS Logo

Should the sword be changed or not?

I like the sword, don't hurt it! *Protects current sword*
59%
Don't change it much; just make it look a little nicer.
12%
Meh... I don't care (in fact, I don't even know why I voted!)
No votes
Give it an extreme makeover!--but keep the basics the same.
24%
Scrap the sword! We need a new one altogether! (NOTE: Please indicate sword you would prefer instead)
6%

Total votes : 17

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:22 pm
Bobo says...

For those who have been following Writing Gooder about the New YWS, you may be aware that I am working on designs for the new site. One thing I'm considering is revamping the logo. So what do you think about the Young Writers Society logo? What's good, what could be better? What absolutely HAS to stay?

Keep in mind, Chimped Out has a different logo than the standard YWS logo. I'll post the logo(s) currently in use:

Also, the less used one (actually the original, but it didn't fit well on the website header):
(ignore the SAMPLE part over it)

I'm currently thinking mainly of making the sword look more realistic and fancy, but what do you all think?
Last edited by Bobo on Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:24 pm
Demeter says...

I think it's great like this! But of course, if you make it fancier, it'll probably be fancier. :P

Edit: Sorry for my helpfulness.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:27 pm
Juniper says...

I like the second one! (probably because I never see it on the default) It would be awesome if that could fit on the header.

The sword and Pencil has to stay, definitely. :P (I know I'm not much help, but I'm sure whatever you come up with will be awesome) :P
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:27 pm
Sachiko says...

I think that the font could be changed up a little bit, to something maybe a bit fancier?

I love the sword and the pencil, and I think they should stay. Maybe find different graphics?
"Funniest Member -- Sachiko. Secretly the devil. Do not engage. I repeat, do not engage." -- Iggy

"Behold ye babes of grammar: the goddess Sachiko. She does what she wants." -- Lauren2010

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:19 pm
Rosendorn says...

If you were to make the cross less like an perfect x and more like >< (Ignore the fact I used an emotocon there...) it would fit in the header. I'm with June in my liking of the logos. ^_^
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:21 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

I just noticed that even though YWS members say "The pen is mightier than the sword" we have a pencil on our logo :P

But the sword and writing utensil certainly must stay.

I can only imagine what it'll be like once the tenth anniversary of YWS comes... Then everything will be in gold, or silver, or whatever represents a 10-year anniversary *_*

*wasn't very helpful*
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:28 am
JFW1415 says...

I like the second one better - more 3-D, more futuristic.

~JFW1415

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:27 pm
Lauren2010 says...

I'm with some of the others who have given their feedback that it could use some fancying up. I also agree with whoever mentioned the thing about the pencil. Since the saying is "the pen is mightier than the sword" I think maybe it should be a pen and not a pencil.

But I love the logos always, anyways. =) I also think the second one looks good and maybe it could be rearranged to fit in the header?
Got YWS?

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:05 pm
Bobo says...

Actually, those comments have been very helpful. I also was a little perturbed by the "Pencil is mightier than the sword" mix-up (which I noticed shortly after the logo became the standard hahaha), but I think people are attracted to the pencil and get the idea well enough anyways. Maybe YWS is just unique in that way! Others use the pen, we use the pencil!

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:49 pm
Demeter says...

I agree, it definitely has to be pencil :P
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:57 pm
Flux says...

I kind of like the second one better; I just seems so ... shiny!
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:02 pm
Ego says...

I think it should be a quill >.>
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:05 pm
Flux says...

Ooh, a quill would be quite cool, actually. But the pencil is nice, too. Sort of ... modernized, you know?
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:26 pm
Elinor says...

I think its....bad. I don't know, I just don't like it.

Maybe you could make the words 'Young Writers Society' actually on the sword in fancy letters, like its engraved onto it. And Put The Pencil Vertical in the middle overlapping the sword. And just make it more realistic and not so dungeons and dragons-ish.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:02 pm
Nate says...

Definitely a pencil; not a quill. Who uses a quill nowadays, and why would any young writer use a quill? It makes no sense unless we are the pretentious writer's society of 18 dickety 1. Besides, we already have a quill logo, which is not used on anything except a few t-shirts.

If a story is in you, it has to come out.
— William Faulkner