z

Young Writers Society

Featured Friend(s): Feb. 11 - 25

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:01 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Announcing YWS's Newest Featured Member(s)...

This user is an ambitious writer, a fabulous reviewer, a shining light in our community that YWS truly wouldn't be the same without, and someone we'd love to give a shoutout to! That's right if you haven't guessed it yet... the newest Featured Member is you!

For these next two weeks of Social Month, our Moderator Team has voted that all YWSers are officially Featured Friends! To help us celebrate, we need your help though! Try your hand at writing a Featured Member post for someone you would like to give a shoutout to and post it in the thread below! (Be sure to give them a tag so they can celebrate with us!)

Give a shoutout to some of their best qualities and what makes them worthy of being a featured member and of course try to find a fitting gif too if you can!

Now please join me in celebrating all of our many fabulous YWSers!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:42 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

I would love to give a shout out to @OrabellaAvenue!

When I started #24in24, they always popped in my topic posts and cheered me on with my progress, encouraging me to keep writing. They also encourage other YWSers in their own progress!
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:44 pm
View Likes
herbalhour says...

ah, hola todos! que tal?

anyway, i'm here to feature... @FluorescentAnt! She did, indeed, invite me here, but also dhr is a great poet and writer !! not to mention her afinnity for red and pusheen!

spotify
NOW PLAYING:
I Think He Knows, Taylor Swift
0:10 ──●───────── 2:55
◁∥ ||PLAY|| // STOP // ∥▷

~l o v e r~

herb/tea/hour! He/She

projects:
5 acts (poetry)
treading through abyss (novel)

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:19 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

I’m here to feature @winterwolf0100, a great roleplayer and writer! They made it far during LMS and are frequently found in Storybook Sanctuary. Their work is nothing but inspiring and I’m thankful to know them <33

But I have to also feature @Spearmint, whose enthusiasm and encouragement knows no limit and has helped me write so much more than I thought possible during LMS. She’s a gem!
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

148 Reviews

Reviews: 148
Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:15 am
View Likes
Kaia says...

I'm here to feature @cookiesandcream123! She's been an amazing and faithful reader of mine and has witnessed many of my writing adventures!

I'd also like to feature some of the sweetest members of YWS: @ailahevelynmae, @fatherfig, @SkyVibes, @Quillfeather, @herbalhour, @Snoink, all of you have helped me get through moments of trial in nursing school :D

And whoever else sees this post deserves a shout-out for being here and for writing the things you do, being the person you are, and making the world one little bit better!
Traditional Christian, ISFJ, and Infamous Quirky Cat
You are God's beautiful little being!

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:48 am
View Likes
Shady says...

@WeepingWisteria wrote:But I have to also feature @Spearmint, whose enthusiasm and encouragement knows no limit

whose enthusiasm and encouragement

enthusiasm

*ahem* that's my role tyvm

~

I gotta shout out @herbalhour for being a fun RPer and buddy! I've really enjoyed having him in Conurbation ^-^

Also shouting out @dragonight9 as a fantastic author! I am super behind on reviewing >.> but their novel is super super good and I love reading it when I have the time!

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

Random avatar

Reviews: 67
Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:06 am
View Likes
deleted32 says...

You've probably read this users thoughtful and detailed wallposts, or seen them brightening up a pad with their lovely presence, but I want to give a shoutout to the one and only @AilahEvelynMae
Ev, you have an amazing heart. I remember you mentioning that kindness matters, and that definitely shines through in all of our interactions. You've always maintained respectful, polite and empathetic conduct whenever we've spoken.
I admire that about you. Oh and your writing is extremely impactful. I've read a little of your poetry, and the raw emotion that pours through every word is powerful. Now, there's poets who don't event try. Everything from their pen is merely a rehashing of tired troupes and tools stolen from others. Then you have poets who have heart. There's profound beauty and meaning in every metaphor they write. But there's a special kind of poet who writes from the soul. If your lucky to come across their works it's like listening to a symphony of stars or having all the mysteries of the universe explained to you. And you my friend fall into that last category. Please do keep on writing <3
She who calls the stars to shine

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:35 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

@WeepingWisteria is an amazing writer and poet and I really enjoyed competing in LMS along with faer! She has a talent for writing profound stories and relatable (or sometimes infuriating *cough cough Life*) characters <3

@KateHardy is also a cool ywser who's recently returned! She's a legendary reviewer and writer as well ^^

@herbalhour has literally made his own conlang and has fascinating ideas for worlds and magic systems. It's always fun to collab on roleplay posts and poems with her! =D
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

211 Reviews

Reviews: 211
Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:11 am
View Likes
OrabellaAvenue says...

So... in order for this post to not be 10000 words... I will only be mentioning one person at a time. (But oh believe me I'll be back as the days move forward to mention every person I can)

You may have seen @Kaia around, especially with her infamous pet Rigo being somewhat of a celebrity on the site, but what you may not know is how kind she herself is. Not only does she have excellent advice for all your writing needs, but she also cares about everyone! You may have seen her encouraging posts in 24in24, or maybe just noticed her overall nice nature. YWS is lucky to have her!
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
~Dr. Seuss

Orabella ~ Ora ~ Avenue ~ Aven
She/her

Reviews: 3
Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:45 am
View Likes
JazzElectrobass says...

@Spearmint It's really fun to collab with you and you bring out the silly side in me. You're a very kind person, and even just talking with you is really nice. I was a random person who joined on a pad out of curiosity, and you still said hi and asked questions to get to know me. I admittedly smiled when seeing that I was mentioned in conurbation in a post that I only added a single sentence to.

@fatherfig You're silly in the best way possible, and there's just something that clicked, whether it was the books and shows, or music, or just talking about random things I don't know. I just popped on a pad being very nervous but was feeling silly and wanted to most randomly say hi, and I ended up meeting a very nice person who sits in the shadows vibing to good music.
I am the Timekeeper, Quote Hunter, and Grave Visitor

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon." — Paul Brandt

Jazz Elektrobass

The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma.
— Patrick Star