2020 NaPo Recap

1228 Reviews

Reviews: 1228
Fri May 08, 2020 8:01 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

2020 NaPo Recap

^word cloud of the NaPo Thread Titles made with wordclouds.com

National Poetry Month 2020 wrapped up last week and it was certainly one for the record books! While the world has been finding ways to endure through a pandemic, we've joined together to continue to create, inspire, and write. This year we had 70 poets who wrote over 1000 poems, which is an incredible amount of participation and achievement! In 2019 we had 58 participants, in 2018 we had 64 participants, and in 2017 we had 63 for comparison.

Congratulations to everyone who participated in a month of sharing and reading poetry, we made it!

Here's some of the highlights and award winners!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hearty Halfway Winners (Wrote 15+ Poems during April)

@EternalRain @Liberty @amelie @CaptainJack @erilea @bpmzcpl @starlitmind @Sheyren @Rin321 @StellaThomas @EverLight @Mea

30 in 30 Winners (Wrote 30+ Poems during April)

@mckaylaam @Magebird @fraey @Ventomology @Arcticus @Lauren2010 @AstralHunter @IamI @Elinor @TheSilverFox @soundofmind @Querencia @niteowl @Lavvie @Liminality @Cadi @EthanHoover
wrote 50+ poems: @alliyah @Meshugenah @LadyGemstone

Poem A Day Winners (Wrote 1 poem every day of April with some leniency if 1 or 2 days were a little off. Great work everyone!)

mckaylaam, Magebird, fraey, Ventomology, AstralHunter, TheSilverFox, Elinor, Meshugenah, Querencia, alliyah, Liminality, Cadi, EthanHoover

Speak Your Mind Participants (Shared their poetry vocally in the Speak Your Mind Challenge)

@Tenyo, @MeherazulAzim16, @fortis, Lavvie, Magebird, Arcticus, alliyah

Poetry Jam Masters (Attended 5+ Poetry Jams or Write-Ins during April)

@LZPianoGirl, @whatchamacallit, @BluesClues, @Bullet, Liberty, CaptainJack, EthanHoover, alliyah, Meshugenah, Arcticus, LadyGemstone,

Garden Challenge Recipients (Wrote 30+ comments of encouragement)

Liberty, alliyah, mckaylaam

April Madness Semi-Finalists (Made it to the competitive Round 3 of April Madness)

@PrincessInk, fraey, Querencia, Ventomology

April Madness Finalists (Made it to the Final Round of April Madness)
amelie - 2nd Place for beautiful body that burns
Lavvie - 1st Place Champion for tattoo golem

NaPo Shout-outs & Links
* Lounge Shoutouts
* Crowd Shout-outs
* Week one
* Week two
* Final week
* 2020 NaPo Threads

Whether you wrote 1 poem or 50 poems thank you for sharing your poetry this month! I hope you join us again next April!

Spoiler! :

Big shout-out to @Lavvie, @AvantCoffee, @BluesClues, @Fraey, & @CaptainJack for helping NaPo run smoothly this month & to anyone I'm missing!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
— Bilbo Baggins