z

Young Writers Society

What is the most potent earworm you can think of?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:21 am
View Likes
Nate says...

From Wikipedia for those who don't know what an earworm is:
An earworm, sometimes known as a brainworm, is a catchy piece of music that continually repeats through a person's mind after it is no longer playing.

For me, it's Spice Girls. I have never, ever enjoyed their music even in the slightest, but every now and then I get "If you wanna be my lover" stuck in my head... as it is now gosh darnit.

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:40 am
TriSARAHtops says...

I always used to get the chorus of Jacqueline by Franz Ferdinand stuck in my head while I was at work. Considering that the lyrics are It’s always better on holiday, so much better on holiday, that’s why we only work when we need the money there's a certain irony to that. Not so much lately though.
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:18 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

Oh I have so many. I even wrote an entire parody about getting songs stuck in my head. Don't Play (That Darn Song)

-Eurhythmic's "Sweet Dreams" (because I typed this I will be singing this for the next week)
-Eddie Money's "Take Me Home Tonight"
-Jana Kramer's "I Got The Boy" (I listen to country sometimes. This song has invaded my subconscious lately. So obnoxious)
-Walk the Moon's "Shut up and Dance" (okay I actually love this song, but it's starting to get overplayed. Also my sister plays this album in her car so all of those songs were earworms when I was riding with her over the holidays)
-Anything featuring Ellie Goulding
-The Killers "Spaceman" (and probably a lot of their other songs, too. I actually love this song as well, it just sticks a little too much)
"I Don't Mind" by Juicy J/Usher (this is a proper earworm, as I actually detest the song)

I'll stop there.

And Nate, you're not alone. Wannabe by the Spice Girls is the catchiest song of all time, according to science. Fun fact, I actually played those games but my reflexes are way too slow so I dragged the data down. :P
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Remember: when people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.
— Neil Gaiman